Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: Alarm went nuts! Bike is DEAD. Now what?  (Read 14838 times)

UglyJohn

• Full CVO Member
Re: Alarm went nuts! Bike is DEAD. Now what?
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2008, 07:58:09 PM »

Sorry, I should have updated this. I was out this weekend trying to get some miles on the scooter. Well, I hate to give all the credit to Bikerboy53. I mean I did hold one of the wires.  ;D But, yes Bikerboy53 found the "alleged" problem. (That one's for you Bikerboy.....personal joke between us.  ;) ) It was the Bushtec isolator that I had put on for the Bushtec trailer. It had a voltage draw of 2.68 or 2.69 if I recall. Bikerboy53 has the same setup on his RK and it had a whopping draw of . . . . 0.00. Hummm....imagine that! I almost could figure that one out!  :)

I held the wire and Bikerboy53 used the brain part of this troubleshooting saga. Somehow, it all worked out and I'm a happy biker again. I checked the draw on the battery afterwards for four days. The battery went from 12.58 down to 12.52 in that time. I think that's good? Now I can't explain why it would make a voltage draw at times and not at times. Nothing else has been changed or moved in weeks. However, I can move on. . . .   

Thanks to Bikerboy53 brain and my fine knowledge in holding the wire, we made it all happen. Anyway, something to think about if you install a isolator and then down the road notice that your battery keeps going dead and waking up that frigg'n alarm...

Ugly John

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: Alarm went nuts! Bike is DEAD. Now what?
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2008, 07:44:21 AM »

Thst is good to hear!   :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 21 queries.