Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Cranking Problems  (Read 4012 times)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: Cranking Problems
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2005, 08:53:01 PM »

"New" HD High Performance 1.4 W Starter 31559.99

Seems to me that if your going to spend 31559.99 on a starter he the implanted one with a Seed should be first allowed to spend 25559.99 on a pumpkin :)
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2005, 06:29:10 AM »

Oh my!  I did not complete my thread correctly if you even kinda thought I was interested in something to add to my bike that cost more than my bike.  The actual listed price is MSRP US $525.00.  I was thinking that if they have to replace a starter anyway, why would they care about the labour, a starter for a starter. Mr We put a chrome starter on his bike when he added the six speed transmission and it looks sooooooo very good.  I was thinking that if the shop is going to replace the starter, and would give me the difference between the two costs, maybe it would not be too much extra to add chrome.

The bummer is that when they called me on Friday saying I could come pick up my bike, they appologised, cause someone had dropped something on my front fender and they already had a new one on order, but there is a chip in my fender.  Well they had prepared me, so when I saw it, I was indeed disapointed, but they were doing the right thing by promising to replace, so I would just have to get over it.  But Saturday, we pulled out of the driveway to go for a ride, and I could not depress my brakes all the way down.  It appears that in fact the something that must have fallen on my bike is my own bike.  The highway pegs had been twisted completly around under my brake, into the lower fairing and a big chunk of paint is gone there too.  I am sure they will replace, but I am loosing confidence fast.  You know what I mean?

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2005, 06:56:07 AM »

Wow Mrs We, what a bummer.  Sounds like they not only dropped your bike, they dropped the ball by not fessing up the whole story. At the very least, a loaner should be available to you while yours is down for repairs. Keep us informed onhow they handle this.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2005, 10:42:20 AM »

Bummer...I guess I can understand something being dropped on the fender (they should have used the protective cover) but dropping the bike and not telling you is inexcusable...and let me guess...no chrome starter? If you were paying the difference they should have put one on.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2005, 11:54:16 AM »

Candy, as poor as some's dealer experiences have been yours have certainly been the worst.  From what you're saying I'm guessing it's the right peg that got pushed around in to the lower and it got shoved back so far that is what is keeping the rear brake pedal from depressing all the way?  Probably wacked the fender on it's way around.

If your highway peg was sticking out that means they likely didn't drop the bike though.  That means that something ran in to the peg.  Dropping the bike wouldn't get it low enough to push the peg around would it?

One other thing to make sure they look at.  If the peg spun on the engine guard it probably gouged the chrome on the guard as it did so.  Make the bastards check and replace that too rather than just leaving the ugly part covered by the peg's mounting bracket.

J.J.

• Full CVO Member
  • If you can accept losing, you can't win
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2005, 12:13:06 PM »

Sorry about the bad news Mrs.WeCVO.  FYI I ordered a new rear fender for my 01' Fat Boy on June 16th of this year and it was installed August 24th.  (I was rear ended)  Not the dealers fault like in your case so hopefully a faster turn around.  One other thing I was wondering if the paint would match my four year old tank and front fender and in my eyes they do match. (Concord Purple)  Good luck and don't take any chit!
2006 Black and Slate
SE Stage 1
Rinehart True Duals
HD Race Tuner
99.8HP 103TQ

MObe

• Elite CVO Member
  • Damn, Those Jalapeno's are HOT!
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2005, 02:56:58 PM »

Damn Candy, I was feeling all sorry for myself due to the paint problems that I had early on, but I feel especially bad for you since all of your problems were caused by dealers who you entrusted your bike to for repairs/modifications. Just really unbelievable that you've had so many dealer caused problems. I for sure feel your pain. :(
MObe

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2005, 03:04:45 PM »

Mobe I guess misery loves company, cause when I get upset at all the many problems caused at the dealerships I have gone to, I think of you and all the peices you had to have replaced and then replaced again for bad paint. Then I just don't feel so bad.  

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2005, 03:41:39 PM »

That really sucks!, Sorry to hear of the damage, and it really does make it worse when a Dealer causes it. I hope for a speedy recovery for you. Have you asked them about for the full story yet, It sure will be interesting what they tell you......

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2005, 05:56:50 PM »

Candy,

As bad as I feel for you in this case it is only over shadowed by the great loss I know Jamey feels for not having a pumpkin in the garage.  

All kiding a side you need to go over the bike while its on a lift at eye level to be sure nothing else is really is damaged to have hit that hard I am quite sure if you look you will find other damage.  When the bike is on the ground you only get a top down perspective you need a bottom up one too to be 100 percent sure the stealer isnt trying to get over on you.  Cause after its over they will deny anything else as their fault.

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 25 queries.