Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Group riding tips.........  (Read 4159 times)

HarleyRider2004

• Full CVO Member
  • 2004 CVO Deuce
Re: Group riding tips.........
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2009, 03:51:06 PM »

I remember I passed a slow moving trike on the right because I didn't like following it.  It bounced and weaved all over the lane, but mostly stayed to the left.  I didn't know you weren't supposed to pass on the right, or even pass at all.  What do you do when you are following someone that rides erratically- i.e. can't hold a line.  I was embarrassed when a friend of mine said "never pass on the right"!

Last year my wife and I were on our way to Ocean City for Bike Week.  I was in the left hand side of the right lane and some Jack Ass flew past me on the right scared the chit out of me because he was in the left lane about 15 seconds before and I guess the group in front was riding to slow for him.  This is not only dangerous it is scary when you are not riding in a group but just happen to be around a group if you know what I mean. 
SCREAMIN' EAGLE SOFTAIL DEUCE (FXSTDSE2)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2009, 04:10:04 PM »

Last year my wife and I were on our way to Ocean City for Bike Week.  I was in the left hand side of the right lane and some Jack Ass flew past me on the right scared the chit out of me because he was in the left lane about 15 seconds before and I guess the group in front was riding to slow for him.  This is not only dangerous it is scary when you are not riding in a group but just happen to be around a group if you know what I mean. 
and that's probably why it's illegal, not to mention un-cool.  :-[ har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Wanna ride

« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2009, 11:56:47 PM »

I'm not too keen on riding in big groups. Seems like there's alot of people that the only time they ride, is when it's on a big run. But if I do, I prefer the back, outside lane. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.