Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Hard Bag Locking pins  (Read 6887 times)

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
Re: Hard Bag Locking pins
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2011, 01:20:08 PM »

Ordered mine yesterday.
Hawg

Georgehjr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE CVO™ Road Glide® Ultra-Rio Red/Black/ Ember-Triked Out
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic #1408/Triked Out
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE TEQUILA SUNRISE/Not A CVO-2002 Heritage Softail---
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2011, 05:33:33 PM »

Sure, When I try to order ....

MADE IN THE U.S.A.

$24.95
    This product is currently out of stock.
The one with the most Toys , WINS !!!

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2011, 05:42:13 PM »

Try this link http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=60689.msg869150#msg869150 go to message# 48 I just checked and there are 2 available.
Hawg

Georgehjr

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2011, 07:02:12 PM »

Thanks , Ordered the 2 sets !

Brukus

• The Big Brukus
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
    • Brukus Motorcycle Parts
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2011, 09:45:14 PM »

Sure, When I try to order ....

MADE IN THE U.S.A.

$24.95
    This product is currently out of stock.

Product will be back in stock by Tuesday!
The Big Brukus   ~   Big + Ruckus = Brukus
Navy Vet

DavidG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 **Sold**
    • CVO3: 2007 FXSTSSE **sold**
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2011, 09:05:13 PM »

Got mine in last week and installed them. Install only took a few minutes, other than running to a hardware store and replacing the stock lock-washers that came in the kit; really crappy; 3 of 4 would not compress since the lock-washer overlapped itself. I also replaced the stock seat screw; very simple to installed but ended up tossing the chrome plastic cover for the bolt. Now I don't have to worry about the dreaded skidding saddlebag passing me on I-12.

2011 FLHXSE2

Georgehjr

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2011, 09:08:16 PM »

Well, I am hoping for better results................. :nixweiss:

Brukus

• The Big Brukus
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2011, 09:14:42 PM »

Got mine in last week and installed them. Install only took a few minutes, other than running to a hardware store and replacing the stock lock-washers that came in the kit; really crappy; 3 of 4 would not compress since the lock-washer overlapped itself. I also replaced the stock seat screw; very simple to installed but ended up tossing the chrome plastic cover for the bolt. Now I don't have to worry about the dreaded skidding saddlebag passing me on I-12.

I have sent your comments to our buyer as it is our goal to supply the best on the parts of our products. You are the first that we have seen to make comment on the parts not being very good. Also, we guarantee all our products - so will gladly replace anything that you are not happy with.
Navy Vet

DavidG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 **Sold**
    • CVO3: 2007 FXSTSSE **sold**
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2011, 09:27:02 PM »

Don't get me wrong. The kit saved me from hunting the tamper/Torx/6 screws and u-nuts. They are hard to find where I am so it was worth it to get it as a kit.

But supply chain can be the root of many problems for a company; we have similar issues where I work. Protos look good but the production items you receive don't always meet the spec of the original samples.

Thanks for the concern and quick response. I still like the kit...
2011 FLHXSE2

Brukus

• The Big Brukus
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2011, 09:35:10 PM »

Don't get me wrong. The kit saved me from hunting the tamper/Torx/6 screws and u-nuts. They are hard to find where I am so it was worth it to get it as a kit.

But supply chain can be the root of many problems for a company; we have similar issues where I work. Protos look good but the production items you receive don't always meet the spec of the original samples.

Alright. We have been producing this kit for about 16 months now, using the same supplier and you are honestly the first who said they had trouble with the lock washers.

As far as the cap, that is something we just added for looks and don't charge much - It is just to help finish off the Fender Screw and the ShieldShackle for an inexpensive price. I have it on my bike and it does finish things off nicely. I had the fender screw on the bike without it for months, but like the looks of it with it.
Navy Vet

owl893

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Autumn Haze
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2011, 06:20:29 AM »

Yeah, they are overpriced.  But Brukus has a link to a video that shows how to remove (steal) locked hard bags with needle nose pliers, it takes a couple turns on each pin and it's done.  I keep some valuable stuff in my bags (GPS, I-POD, etc). When I saw the video, I spent the $30 bucks.  Easy install and peace of mind are worth it to me. I also bought the seat screw, replacing a seat is costly, by comparison the seat screw is cheap, especially when you can remove the stock screw with a nail clipper.  I hate to sound like a Brukus salesman (I'm not) but there are creeps out there that steal seats, windshields, bags and almost everything else off our bikes.  A few years ago a friend and I were at Sturgis and came out one morning to find his detachable windshield and hard bags gone off his Road King. BTW really, really good thieves HAVE the Burkus tool, but most "snatch and run" guys just move on to the next bike rather than mess with the screws, locks, and security systems.

OWL
1961 DUO GLIDE, 1979 FLH, 1999 FXDWG, 2001 FXSTS, 2003 FLHRCI, 2004 FLSTCI, 2005 FLHT, 2006 FLHXI, 2011 FLHXSE2

Brukus

• The Big Brukus
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2011, 09:36:31 AM »

We figured out how the "bad" lock washers got shipped out, and it shouldn't happen again. If you send us your receipt for having to replace the lock washers - we will gladly pay for them.

And please note that we have 100% guarantee - just contact us next time and let us make it right.
Navy Vet
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 21 queries.