Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: How Many CVO's Rot on the Vine  (Read 6108 times)

Supershooter

• Elite CVO Member
  • First Ride 03 FXDWG

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC-sold
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG
Re: How Many CVO's Rot on the Vine
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2011, 08:51:22 AM »

The used CVO market has to be a tough market IMHO, most people that can afford a CVO prefer to own a new machine.  The dealers aren't out looking for used CVO's to sell to waiting customers, unfortunately its almost the opposite most of the time. I have toyed with the idea of trading to a Streetglide, but after talking with a dealer about trading those thoughts quickly go away. It would be nice if resale was a little better.

As far as New CVO's J&L HD in Sioux Falls, SD has a Convertible and RoadGlide Ultra, on the floor with a $2000 discount.

Later, Supershooter 

nucs2011

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2011, 10:27:25 AM »

Hi They dont have any i had a 2011 cvo converitble which turned out to be christine in bike form >:( so after numerous times and replacement parts MoCo with the dealer kicking them finally agreed to swap it out, the argument being why pay almost 50K us for something that runs like a dog with 3 legs and has done for all of its life, so I am now waiting on a 2012 hoping that this doesnt suffer the same list of ills that the 11 did.

ride safe

hbens

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Candy Cobalt/Starlight Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2012 SESG Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2011, 11:09:09 AM »

Gregg,

I did buy that CVO SG at Thunder Mountain. I gave them your name and you should be getting $100 store credit from them. Let me  know if they did or didn't contact you and I'll talk with them from my end. I have an email I need to respond to my sales guy (JP) there.
For the record these guys were really good throughout the entire business. I suspect they are as good at follow on service as well as the initial sale.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity!

Dragula 2 into 1, S&S 640 EZ start cams pistons (10.8 compression) flywheel and Timken bearing, Vee Twin Racing Stage IV ported heads, K&N air cleaner, Power Vision with WBO2 auto tuner, king tour pak, solo & two up mounts, pass. floor boards, Headwinds spot/turn signal lights, zumo 660 GPS, ssaddlebag guard & pouches, Progress Suspension cartridg

Vyscera

• Angsty Youth
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FXDFSE2- Taken out by a Ford
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2011, 11:06:59 AM »

There are plenty of stealerships out there. While looking around for my '12 SESG, I saw a '08 SE springer with 8k miles that they were asking more for than I paid for my '10 SE fatbob new. But this is the same place that wanted $4k over MSRP for a '12 SESG. They probably had more than a dozen different CVO's mostly used, all still at or above MSRP.
Motorbreath is how I live my life, I cant take it any other way...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 25 queries.