Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Warranty Work--what has been done to your bike?  (Read 4663 times)

TLSSRS

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2011 CVO Ultra - Cobalt & Twilight Blue
Re: Warranty Work--what has been done to your bike?
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2012, 09:10:26 PM »

2011 FLTRUSE, 15,200 miles:

Heated seat (Still waiting for part, heat stopped working on driver area, passenger area is OK)
IPOD cable (plastic broke at end where IPOD connects)
Courteousness light harness (Replaced in tour pack and left saddle bag light turned on when I rode bike)
Steering tightened twice (front end shook and still shakes when decelerating when speed reaches 30 MPH)
Heated hand grips (No need to replace, surprisingly, wire was just loose at connection)

With all the bitching I read on this form (and I love the form) I would still walk into any Harley Dealer and buy their product. No other bike raises my pulse rate like an HD, you can spend less for more on a Honda or Victory, but you still will not have a Harley with the heritage, history or the rumble of a Harley V-twin. As much as I read about annoying issues with HD, we all opted to spend ABOVE what a normal HD costs, some of you did this more than once! A famous man (or woman, I don't remember who, so maybe not so famous) once said "Do not do the same thing over and over but expect different results"

My dealer's store manager knows me by my first name, so does the HD owner, A female. I have an HD dealer 3 miles from my house, the dealer where I bought my CVO is 25 miles away, I go to the dealer where I bought my CVO! They pick up my bike and trail it (covered trailer) to the shop, perform the work and deliver it to my house, all because I have a relationship with them. I feel special, so rather than bitch about the warrantee issues listed above, I accept that every mechanical product may (and most likely) will have some flaws. By developing a relationship and by showing loyalty to my dealer (They know I live 3 miles from another HD) I get the respect and service I deserve by buying a limited edition, EXPENSIVE Harley

I agree, we pay way to much for way to little & love it but bitch about it all the time. I know i paid twice what the damn thing is worth but still like it & would not take my money back for it either . . . . . Just my opinion

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2012, 05:58:45 AM »

Property only, I would never do auto as there are too many people putting screws in their own tires!  8)

I am thinking of getting about another 3 year extended warranty for mine. Should be ready to upgrade about that time. I just don't see a Blue SERGU in the near future so I may as well keep this one a few years.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

firemnjerry

« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2012, 09:38:00 PM »

2011 ultra
15540 miles
rocker switch for speakers
oil leak at filter adapter

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2012, 11:55:42 AM »

Just a couple here ... rear brake switch recall & both front rotors/pads just replaced on Saturday. '11 RGU, just under 11k miles.
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 25 queries.