Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Wild one 575's for short guy?  (Read 7051 times)

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
Re: Wild one 575's for short guy?
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2013, 08:21:39 AM »

After reading through the posts, I ordered from Amazon the 575's and they came the next day and free shipping, all for $162. Very impressed. A retired Harley tech helped put them on and we also did my 25,000 service. I've got a 2011 FLHXSE2. We started at 10:30 and were finished by 4:00. We didn't have to change out any lines/cables but the clutch hydraulic hose just barely squeaked by.I was afraid turning left the clutch would in gauge, but by taking off the clamp which held it in place there is sufficient room. I am 5'7" and the bars don't pull back as far as I'd like, but certainly more than the stock. I have a Corbin solo close reach, and don't hace any trouble doing 400+ days.

Great deal  :2vrolijk_21:  I agree, I wish the 575's pulled back further but they are much better than stock.  I would like to get a solo seat for occasional use.  Do you recommend the Corbin Reach seat?  Does it have a rider backrest?
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

prstar1

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2013, 10:41:57 PM »

Depends on how tall you are. I ordered the solo close reach which said it would move me 2" closer. Well that may have happened, but I could no longer flat foot it. Why would Corbin advertise a seat to move you forward  and then raise you up, short arms and long legs? So I sent it back and with a nose job, and some taken out of the seat, I can now comfortably flat foot it. The seat is hard but very comfortable for me. We did 7,000 miles on a trip to New Orleans from Seattle area last summer, and my ass never bothered me. Their backrest with the hole in the middle is also comfortable and provides good support. Very adjustable.Their website is helpful, I ordered direct from them, Corbin, but I've read threads on here about someone who can get you a Corbin seat that will fit the very first time. I now see my arms/hands in the fairing mirror, but it dosen't seem to interfer with my vision. It is also great that the 575's keep your hands behind the fairing also.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2013, 02:58:47 PM »

Great deal  :2vrolijk_21:  I agree, I wish the 575's pulled back further but they are much better than stock.  I would like to get a solo seat for occasional use.  Do you recommend the Corbin Reach seat?  Does it have a rider backrest?

Judi...if you are thinking about a Corbin, contact Jim at Metal Dragon out in CA.  He will get it right the first time.  The Corbin backrest is very comfy.  I've never had their reach seat, but I did have the Dual Tour heated on my '06 SEUC, 575's, and the solid backrest (for matching the seat design on the '06's).  I had them do a "nose job" on the seat when I ordered.  Because the Corbin seat foam is so dense, it, in effect, raises your seat height because it does not collapse when you sit on it.  So, explain your needs to Jim and I'm 99% sure he can fix you right up.  He's a great guy and knows his chit.  I order stuff from him at times just because I know it'll be right and want to give people like him my business.  A "nose job" narrows the very front of the seat so your legs are not spread as far apart when your feet are on the ground.  It has no effect on the seat comfort when riding.  If I bought a seat for my '11 SERGU, it would be a Corbin.  They are very firm, but with a 300-500 mile break-in period, very comfortable.  However, there are some people who just don't like the firmness.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2013, 08:24:29 PM »

Judi...if you are thinking about a Corbin, contact Jim at Metal Dragon out in CA.  He will get it right the first time.  The Corbin backrest is very comfy.  I've never had their reach seat, but I did have the Dual Tour heated on my '06 SEUC, 575's, and the solid backrest (for matching the seat design on the '06's).  I had them do a "nose job" on the seat when I ordered.  Because the Corbin seat foam is so dense, it, in effect, raises your seat height because it does not collapse when you sit on it.  So, explain your needs to Jim and I'm 99% sure he can fix you right up.  He's a great guy and knows his chit.  I order stuff from him at times just because I know it'll be right and want to give people like him my business.  A "nose job" narrows the very front of the seat so your legs are not spread as far apart when your feet are on the ground.  It has no effect on the seat comfort when riding.  If I bought a seat for my '11 SERGU, it would be a Corbin.  They are very firm, but with a 300-500 mile break-in period, very comfortable.  However, there are some people who just don't like the firmness.

Thank you Terry  :2vrolijk_21: Very helpful info  ::)
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2013, 08:52:56 PM »

Terry is right about the nose job on the Corbin as mine was done that way also. :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 25 queries.