Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Wild one 575's for short guy?  (Read 7052 times)

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
Re: Wild one 575's for short guy?
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2012, 10:41:44 AM »

Jesse, the 575's work ok with the fairing mirrors.  What I see in my mirrors is the edge of my knuckles.  It is not bothersome to me.  I agree with you, handlebar mirror's would be a deal breaker for me on this MC.
Thanks Judy, I know we are the same height so that's good to hear. Do you have the bars "rolled back" toward you?

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2012, 10:49:46 AM »

Thanks Judy, I know we are the same height so that's good to hear. Do you have the bars "rolled back" toward you?

No, my mechanic put them on and he fitted them to him cause he is the same height as me.  If I would have been there at the time of installation I would have rolled them back about an inch more than they are but he said ride it for a while and see how I like it.  He said that it is easy to adjust them if I want him to.
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

waynel

• Hippie
  • Full CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2011 Electra Glide Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 2014 Electra Glide Limited
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2013, 10:57:51 AM »

I have the 575's waiting to be installed. Dealer keeps asking if I need to order longer line for the brakes and clutch. Everyone talks about cables. My C.V.O. has hydraulic lines. I have a 2011 ultra. Do I need longer lines to install. Please help running out of time till install date if I have to order.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2013, 11:13:14 AM »

I'm 5'7" in boots on a good day. I had the 575s on my last bike, and while they were better than stock, I still was not pleased with them. So I changed to the HD Pull Back Bars, and those were perfect for me. I recently added a Corbin seat, but had this one "close cut" to move me a tad closer. I'm loving the ride now.

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2013, 11:52:39 AM »

I'm 5'7" in boots on a good day. I had the 575s on my last bike, and while they were better than stock, I still was not pleased with them. So I changed to the HD Pull Back Bars, and those were perfect for me. I recently added a Corbin seat, but had this one "close cut" to move me a tad closer. I'm loving the ride now.

Mark
Rode a bike with the HD pullbacks and I absolutely hated them I felt like I was pushing a wheel barrow. To me it seems all they did was pull the grips in toward the tank. I put a set of Khrome Werks +2 Sweepers on a little wider and much more comfortable wrist angle for me.

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

SLO-POK3

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2013, 11:58:11 AM »

I went with 12" Yaffe Monkey bars and love the improved comfort, control and yes, the looks of them. I am 5'8" and was leaning over way too much with the stock ones.

Good Luck.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2013, 12:53:16 PM »

Rode a bike with the HD pullbacks and I absolutely hated them I felt like I was pushing a wheel barrow. To me it seems all they did was pull the grips in toward the tank. I put a set of Khrome Werks +2 Sweepers on a little wider and much more comfortable wrist angle for me.

I can relate, seats and bars are all personal preference. What's comfy for one is not for another.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2013, 01:32:44 PM »

I have the 575's waiting to be installed. Dealer keeps asking if I need to order longer line for the brakes and clutch. Everyone talks about cables. My C.V.O. has hydraulic lines. I have a 2011 ultra. Do I need longer lines to install. Please help running out of time till install date if I have to order.

Your cables should be fine with the 575's on a CVO Ultra. We have done several without issue.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2013, 02:32:38 PM »

I can relate, seats and bars are all personal preference. What's comfy for one is not for another.
You are correct, sorry if I came off harsh.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2013, 05:56:08 AM »

You are correct, sorry if I came off harsh.

No problem. For me I prefer that semi-wheel barrow feel of the HD Pullbacks. They most mimick the bars on the KZ1000 Police bikes I train on, and I get quicker and tighter full lock turns with them. I find the wrist angle actually alleviates the arthritis discomfort of the thumb on my clutch hand. But that's just me.

Corbin seats, like everything is personal preference. They are known for being a bit firm. Some folks like it, some no. When I had mine made I made sure they did not gut too much padding out to lower it. My other seat is a RoadSofa by Saddleman. It's comfy, but it needs to have the sides trimmed. I may have that done when I get back.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2013, 08:19:52 AM »

No problem. For me I prefer that semi-wheel barrow feel of the HD Pullbacks. They most mimick the bars on the KZ1000 Police bikes I train on, and I get quicker and tighter full lock turns with them. I find the wrist angle actually alleviates the arthritis discomfort of the thumb on my clutch hand. But that's just me.

Corbin seats, like everything is personal preference. They are known for being a bit firm. Some folks like it, some no. When I had mine made I made sure they did not gut too much padding out to lower it. My other seat is a RoadSofa by Saddleman. It's comfy, but it needs to have the sides trimmed. I may have that done when I get back.
Yeah seats and handlebars can open some nasty debates lol. Bottom line is each rider has a different ass and different arms so all that matters is what we find to be comfy. I loved how I could situp straight cause I am so short with the HD pullbacks but wasn't thrilled about the wrist angle so I found a nice compromise. I haven't been able to test them yet the weather is crap in Iowa.

Tannehill Kid

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2013, 07:59:10 PM »

My wife has the 575's on her bike and it made a big difference for her and she is 5'4".  I rode her bike to see what is was like and it felt pretty good for me even where she has them.  Like Judy said just the top of my knuckles were in the mirrow and that was not a big deal for me.  Like was stated everyone has their own comfort zone and style.  The stock bars feel good to me and I'm 5'10".  I even like the stock seat :o which most riders HATE :'( 

Bearcat1

• Full CVO Member
  • "I fly on the wings of Red Eagle"
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2013, 08:39:52 AM »

My wife has the 575's on her bike and it made a big difference for her and she is 5'4".  I rode her bike to see what is was like and it felt pretty good for me even where she has them.  Like Judy said just the top of my knuckles were in the mirrow and that was not a big deal for me.  Like was stated everyone has their own comfort zone and style.  The stock bars feel good to me and I'm 5'10".  I even like the stock seat :o which most riders HATE :'( 

Must be a 5'10" thing because I'm 5' 10" and I like my stock seat and bars also!  :beam:

CVO Brian

• Full CVO Member
  • Baggers- Not just for grandpa anymore

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Orange and Black
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2013, 09:14:12 AM »

Wayne,

Your dealer may try and tell you that you need new cables but he would be WRONG!! I installed my own 578's which are 2-1/2" taller than the 575's and cables were fine. Little snug, but again they are hydraulic so no problem. The dealer gets another 4 - 6 hours of labor to swap cables and bleed them both and I would guess some charge for it and never swap them, how would you know ?
V&H True Duals
Rinehart 4" Chrome Pipes
Trucklite ph 7 w/ passing lamps
Pollished front rotors
SE Race Tuner
SE Chisel Air Cleaner
Wild1 Chubby 578 10" Bars
TP Removal System
CVO SG Stretch Bags and Rear Fender
CVO SG 110 Derby Cover

prstar1

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2013, 10:11:07 PM »

After reading through the posts, I ordered from Amazon the 575's and they came the next day and free shipping, all for $162. Very impressed. A retired Harley tech helped put them on and we also did my 25,000 service. I've got a 2011 FLHXSE2. We started at 10:30 and were finished by 4:00. We didn't have to change out any lines/cables but the clutch hydraulic hose just barely squeaked by.I was afraid turning left the clutch would in gauge, but by taking off the clamp which held it in place there is sufficient room. I am 5'7" and the bars don't pull back as far as I'd like, but certainly more than the stock. I have a Corbin solo close reach, and don't hace any trouble doing 400+ days.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 25 queries.