Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Tomorrow is the day  (Read 8656 times)

wildmannnn

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NM

Re: Tomorrow is the day
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2014, 04:57:31 PM »

Thx Desert HOG........
 8)

SMSgt B

• Full CVO Member
    • FL
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2014, 07:52:22 PM »

Alright, so I found the TP Conversion Kit you mentioned above. Quite the collection of adapters and such.
How much of this is really needed?

AM/FM Antenna Relocatoin Kit?
License Plate Relocation Kit?
Red Lens LED Turn Signal Relocation Kit?

What I have read, you don't need the TP conversion kit ... just a solo rack and 4-point brackets. Also, you probably need to a relocation kit or internal antenna for the CB. 

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2014, 08:52:12 PM »

Alright, so I found the TP Conversion Kit you mentioned above. Quite the collection of adapters and such.
How much of this is really needed?

AM/FM Antenna Relocatoin Kit?
License Plate Relocation Kit?
Red Lens LED Turn Signal Relocation Kit?
Simon

You only need the Antenna relocation kit if you are going to run with out the tour pack and still want the radio and CB.  If your just moving the tour pack forward, you do not need it.

You do not need the red lens LED turn signal kit, NON cvo's need that as they do not have the two bullet turn lights we have next to the tail light.

The plate has to be relocated.  That is harley's Idea for the plate location, Straight up and down above the tail light.  Then the same part of the tail light that lights the plate now, will still light it.  I do not like it, as it not as clean and sporty as it could be.

I ordered from HD the curved plate frame mount for  a Street glide, about 90 dollars.  It takes a very little grinding on the new frame where it bolts to the back of the turn signal bar, and it bolts up neat and clean with plate below taillight, closely wrapped to the fender.  However to be legal the plate has to be lighted, so I ordered a Kuryakyn Curved Lighted LED License Plate Frame CVO Road/ Street Glides 3144.  It was 55 dollars on E-bay.  This is wired into the tail light, all hidden.  Then I am putting a harley emblem over where the taillight has the white light shining up for the factory tail light. 

This will keep it looking much cleaner and for no more money.

I doubt I will even relocate the Antennae when not running the tour pack, as I have XM or iPod to chose from, FM not so good in the hills any way out in the rural areas I ride.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2014, 09:05:29 PM »

Simon

You only need the Antenna relocation kit if you are going to run with out the tour pack and still want the radio and CB.  If your just moving the tour pack forward, you do not need it.

You do not need the red lens LED turn signal kit, NON cvo's need that as they do not have the two bullet turn lights we have next to the tail light.

The plate has to be relocated.  That is harley's Idea for the plate location, Straight up and down above the tail light.  Then the same part of the tail light that lights the plate now, will still light it.  I do not like it, as it not as clean and sporty as it could be.

I ordered from HD the curved plate frame mount for  a Street glide, about 90 dollars.  It takes a very little grinding on the new frame where it bolts to the back of the turn signal bar, and it bolts up neat and clean with plate below taillight, closely wrapped to the fender.  However to be legal the plate has to be lighted, so I ordered a Kuryakyn Curved Lighted LED License Plate Frame CVO Road/ Street Glides 3144.  It was 55 dollars on E-bay.  This is wired into the tail light, all hidden.  Then I am putting a harley emblem over where the taillight has the white light shining up for the factory tail light. 

I doubt I will even relocate the Antennae when not running the tour pack, as I have XM or iPod to chose from, FM not so good in the hills any way out in the rural areas I ride.
Been following along reading about the solo set up or even removing the TP when not needed.

One thing you mentioned Dave was putting a decal over the top part of the stock light that is clear. Another way to take care of that would be some VHT Night Shades lens paint. Taking your time with it, you should be able to match the stock tint so it looks stock. http://www.tcpglobal.com/VHT-SP999.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwwdOhBRCG0fPrlfO1gGUSJAC1FmHXV7hVpT1x3y-JPLFhL3m2KS8vucuJnA3smWxpj7kb1hoCRRLw_wcB#.VDXe_xaDvAk
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2014, 08:11:26 PM »

Been following along reading about the solo set up or even removing the TP when not needed.

One thing you mentioned Dave was putting a decal over the top part of the stock light that is clear. Another way to take care of that would be some VHT Night Shades lens paint. Taking your time with it, you should be able to match the stock tint so it looks stock. http://www.tcpglobal.com/VHT-SP999.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwwdOhBRCG0fPrlfO1gGUSJAC1FmHXV7hVpT1x3y-JPLFhL3m2KS8vucuJnA3smWxpj7kb1hoCRRLw_wcB#.VDXe_xaDvAk

That is an interesting idea.  I may investigate it some more.

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2014, 08:42:06 PM »

Simon

Dave,

Can you post some pictures?

Simon

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2014, 08:23:14 PM »

Simon, I am gathering the parts now.  The solo tour pack mounting rack and 4- point detach hardware should be in next week.  I have all the other parts.  I have not started the project yet, as I am about 100 miles off shore at work until middle of next week.  Then I am doing a quick run down to Daytona for Biketoberfest, I will do the modifications the following week the 21st or so.  I will post detailed pictures some time that week.

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2014, 11:06:49 PM »

Simon, I am gathering the parts now.  The solo tour pack mounting rack and 4- point detach hardware should be in next week.  I have all the other parts.  I have not started the project yet, as I am about 100 miles off shore at work until middle of next week.  Then I am doing a quick run down to Daytona for Biketoberfest, I will do the modifications the following week the 21st or so.  I will post detailed pictures some time that week.

Suggest you publish a thread on the project .. I know in theory it is relatively simple but if you list the part numbers and the steps it will help some of us guys with two left hands :D  It would also give mountainman (?) and some of the others who have gone solo to post their comments in a collective as well.

Thanks
DH
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 1.277 seconds with 21 queries.