Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: What kind of truck - Pros & Cons?  (Read 15793 times)

REGGAB

Re: What kind of truck - Pros & Cons?
« Reply #135 on: October 17, 2007, 08:16:27 PM »

Let's see . . . . . . . . Yep, got one of them in the family, too!  Just don't have any digital photos of it.  My dad has a 1992 3/4 ton red and white Ram Cummins Diesel.  Not quite the power these new ones have, but still gets the job done pulling 7,500 lbs. of enclosed car trailer full of a '69 Road Runner.

Long live Mopar!!!!!!

Concur!  Here's the best picture I have right now..........and since it's dirty from today's rain and a trip through a pasture on Redstone Arsenal, I ain't takin' no picture until I wash it......which won't happen until after this weekend, since it's gonna get used heavily until then.  Really love my Dodge Ram.  Best truck I've ever owned........and since I got it right before I retired from the Army, no sales tax!!!!!!  BONUS!

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #136 on: October 17, 2007, 11:41:04 PM »

So, you're NOT a member of the Mopar fan club are ya?   :vrolijk_4:

not after 13k worth of repairs over a 5 yr. period.
My last Ford Powerstroke had 225K, "Driven Extremely Hard & Put Away Wet" miles, and it just would not quit! it was quite literally In my book, "The Terminator of Trucks"   :2vrolijk_21:  :drink:

Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #137 on: October 18, 2007, 08:36:29 AM »

I have a Dakota, with 100k I haven't had any real problems with it. Also have a Lincoln LS looks good handels really well, but what a POS! The rear window motor unit went out, other rear window track broke, passenger side front door handle broke, couldn't open the door from the inside, trans had to be rebuilt @ 65k. Had to replace two coil packs.

hdfatboy

• Full CVO Member
  • Pain is Mandatory. Misery is Optional.
« Reply #138 on: October 18, 2007, 12:10:41 PM »

3rd Cummins . . . 1991 w/135K, 1998 w/78K & 2003 w/66K not a problem with any of them. Open exhaust, full synthetics, & Banks out the ying yang!

REGGAB

« Reply #139 on: October 18, 2007, 01:13:04 PM »

3rd Cummins . . . 1991 w/135K, 1998 w/78K & 2003 w/66K not a problem with any of them. Open exhaust, full synthetics, & Banks out the ying yang!

There ya go!!!!  That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!!!!  Only problem is all my disposable income (and some of Renea's) goes into Thumper.  Save for a K&N air filter, mine is still stock at 60K miles.  Really want to install a pyrometer, boost and trans temp guages as well as Banks system, and possibly the Edge Juice or Quadzilla, or some other performance enhancement.........but right now, my ton truck has all the power I need and then some.  It can wait until I'm done with the green bike.  There ain't nothing like the pure torque of my CTD.  That truck is a haulin' beotch!!!   :2vrolijk_21:

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #140 on: October 18, 2007, 09:36:16 PM »

this is very painful, but now that this piece of chit dodge is out of my life, I have no problem remembering why I got rid of it!

Intake manifold gasket leak
front and rear main seals blown
water pump & radiator replaced
steering box replaced
front ball joints replaced twice
rear differential ring and pinion replaced
transmission & oil cooling system replaced
another water pump seal blown had to be replaced again
driver side electric window inoperative in cold weather replaced
door lock solenoids replaced and still issues after 3 replacements
multiple electrical issues with dash, alarm, and steering column

unfortunately only about half of this chit was under warrantee, the remaining 13K, .... on my dime, (thank you, "Bail before I loose my ass Daimler") all this with less than 100K miles. Ford Trucks may not be the purtyest looking or the fassest, but they are the toughest built trucks on the market, I will admit that I am one of the most Vehicular Abusive Persons that anyone I know has ever met, and they joke about this daily. one guy I took for ride told me that I don't need an accelerator pedal and brake, just a toggle switch, for full throttle/full brake! I just gave him this evil grin and pushed it even harder!  out of all of the big 3 trucks that I have driven ( god rest their souls), only Fords have unconditionally accepted my relentless abuse, you guys keep your "show trucks" and I'll keep buying my "Go Trucks" and everyone stays happy.  :bananarock:  :apple: :carrot: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper: :2vrolijk_21:  :drink:
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

REGGAB

« Reply #141 on: October 18, 2007, 10:07:39 PM »

this is very painful, but now that this piece of chit dodge is out of my life, I have no problem remembering why I got rid of it!

steering box replaced

unfortunately only about half of this chit was under warrantee, the remaining 13K, .... on my dime, (thank you, "Bail before I loose my ass Daimler") all this with less than 100K miles. Ford Trucks may not be the purtyest looking or the fassest, but they are the toughest built trucks on the market, I will admit that I am one of the most Vehicular Abusive Persons that anyone I know has ever met, and they joke about this daily. one guy I took for ride told me that I don't need an accelerator pedal and brake, just a toggle switch, for full throttle/full brake! I just gave him this evil grin and pushed it even harder!  out of all of the big 3 trucks that I have driven ( god rest their souls), only Fords have unconditionally accepted my relentless abuse, you guys keep your "show trucks" and I'll keep buying my "Go Trucks" and everyone stays happy.  :bananarock:  :apple: :carrot: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper: :2vrolijk_21:  :drink:

Well, I'm speechless!  All I can say is enjoy that Ford!   :huepfenlol2:

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #142 on: October 18, 2007, 11:24:36 PM »

steering box replaced

EAGLE1, you need to find a way to let it go!  It's not healthy to keep all that disgust inside! :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:

I guess everyone's got their experiences with vehicles.  But, my father-in-law has a 1991 318 V8 half ton Dodge with (at last count) 424,000 (yeah, that's right, the first number starts with a "4") miles on it without a rebuild.  It leaks oil like a sieve, so he uses what I call the "flow through" method of oil changing.  This is where you wait until the dipstick says, "add a quart," dump a quart in, drive for another 1,000 miles, dump a quart in, and so forth.  Before you know it, after 5,000 miles, you've put 5 fresh quarts in! :2vrolijk_21:  He abuses that truck and still cannot kill it.  I think the only thing he has done is put an alternator on it, belts and batteries.  It's a beast! :2vrolijk_21:  But a "show truck" it is not.

REGGAB

« Reply #143 on: October 18, 2007, 11:45:22 PM »

EAGLE1, you need to find a way to let it go!  It's not healthy to keep all that disgust inside! :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:

I guess everyone's got their experiences with vehicles.  But, my father-in-law has a 1991 318 V8 half ton Dodge with (at last count) 424,000 (yeah, that's right, the first number starts with a "4") miles on it without a rebuild.  It leaks oil like a sieve, so he uses what I call the "flow through" method of oil changing.  This is where you wait until the dipstick says, "add a quart," dump a quart in, drive for another 1,000 miles, dump a quart in, and so forth.  Before you know it, after 5,000 miles, you've put 5 fresh quarts in! :2vrolijk_21:  He abuses that truck and still cannot kill it.  I think the only thing he has done is put an alternator on it, belts and batteries.  It's a beast! :2vrolijk_21:  But a "show truck" it is not.

Nor is my ton truck, although I do take pretty darn good care of it..............and for what it cost, you're doggone skippy I'm gonna care for it.   :huepfenlol2:  It doesn't stay clean all the time, but it gets all of its services on time.  It gets driven hard, but not abused.  I'm hoping it will be my last truck, which is why I went with the CTD anyway.  I've read several Turbo Diesel Register articles about folks who have surpassed the 1M mile marker and are still going strong.  That's good enough for me.  Personally, I'd like to use it long enough to see the truck fall down around the engine.  It's a good truck, but I'm good to it........and I think that is what makes things last a good long time.  I had a 1982 Ford F100 with a 300ci I6 and a C6 auto tranny.  Never had a wrench on it.  That truck was still pulling after 300K miles when I sold it.  Another tribute to diligent preventive maintenance.   :2vrolijk_21:

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #144 on: October 19, 2007, 06:33:14 AM »

I am on my fourth Ford, and every time I have gone shopping I have looked a Dodge. When I get down in the weeds, they seem noisier, fit and finish isn't there, and the ride seems compromised...

While nothing can compare to Corporate Colors,  :pumpkin:

that is one purdy truck there Buttercup!  :2vrolijk_21:

2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #145 on: October 19, 2007, 09:38:40 AM »

steering box replaced

Ok, now you have to get rid of that 110 and buy a Honda Gold Wing for reliability!! :P ::) ;D :D 

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #146 on: October 19, 2007, 09:45:02 AM »

Ok, now you have to get rid of that 110 and buy a Honda Gold Wing for reliability!! :P ::) ;D :D 

Talon

I was thinking about a G/W but was scared it would mess up my nice guy image!

S
  /
    B

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

REGGAB

« Reply #147 on: October 19, 2007, 10:01:03 AM »

Talon

I was thinking about a G/W but was scared it would mess up my nice guy image!

S
  /
    B

:ROFLOL:   :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao:

MOBlue

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #148 on: October 19, 2007, 10:48:17 AM »

First Ford I've owned and if I continue to have a pickup, It will be a Ford.

REGGAB

« Reply #149 on: October 19, 2007, 11:10:08 AM »

SCHWEEEET!  You can rest assured if it had a CTD, I'd have one.   :2vrolijk_21:  Very nice truck.  Thanks for sharing.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Page created in 0.217 seconds with 25 queries.