Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 07 SERK Dyno (Stock)  (Read 2734 times)

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
07 SERK Dyno (Stock)
« on: January 10, 2007, 08:15:37 PM »

For you lucky 07 SERK3 owners:

I was in a local, independent, shop in the SF Bay area this afternoon and witnessed a stock 2007 SERK3, with 1200 miles, getting its baseline dyno done, right after they completed mine. The shop has a great reputation and the dyno guy has been doing this for 20+ years and does know his trade.

It pulled 89HP & 104 FT LBS after three runs, that was a corrected (SAE) number @64 degrees, 30.2" mercury, and 13% humidity. The AFR was running between 14 to 15+ when I looked.

Be interested to see what they pull with a decent exhaust and air filter set up with SERT or PC set-up.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Joe
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 01:11:53 AM by CVOJOE »
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: 07 SERK Dyno (Stock)
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 08:19:37 PM »

For you lucky 07 SERK3 owners:

I was in a local, independent, shop in the SF Bay area this afternoon and witnessed a stock 2007 SERK3, with 1200 miles, getting its baseline dyno done, right after they completed mine. The shop has a great reputation and the dyno guy has been doing this for 20+ years and does know his trade.

It pulled 89HP & 104 FT LBS [highlight]after three runs[/highlight], that was a corrected (SAE) number @64 degrees, 30.2" mercury, and 13% humidity. Be interested to see what they pull with a decent exhaust and air filter set up with SERT or PC set-up.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Joe

Was there a lot of difference between #1 and #3?

Those are some pretty good numbers for bone stock, though.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 08:34:07 PM »

Not really much of a difference between the runs, and nothing done to tweak it just baseline. They normally take the high run numbers, but they were all within a few points across the runs. Not averaged.

Joe

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

dereck

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHXSE2.ORG

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Black Diamond
    • CVO2: sold FLHRSE3 Black Ice
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 01:10:04 PM »

Thanks for the numbers.  I'm getting ready to have mine done and I'll post the numbers.  

[smiley=banana.gif]

The dancing banana just makes me laugh.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 02:09:38 PM »

Sorry, I'm having the PC installed at 250 mi at the 1st oil change. I'm having the stock set-up Dyno'd then, but only to 4K RPM. Then re-Dyno'd with the PC to the same 4k. I won't be able to do a WOT Dyno until 1K, so I won't be able to get a stock 110 reading. I don't think it's too important as the bike shouldn't be running there anyway! ;) Hoist!  8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 02:25:16 AM »

Hoist,
The tech never took it above 5K +/- couple of hundred RPM. Very careful, and the owner was the one that requested it before he starts doing any mods. I left him a card from the site, so maybe we'll see him on here sometime.

When the tech did mine, it was right up to the 6K +/- RPM. But mine has 12K and well broken in.

Joe
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 08:28:36 PM by CVOJOE »

Mikey

• 2003 Harley Davidson FLHRSE12 Screamin' Eagle Road King
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Get the gold, make the rules!

• CVO1: FLHRSEi2 2003
    • CVO2: FLTRUSE 2015
    • Classic Muscle Bikes
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 07:14:06 PM »

Joe,
What were your numbers?
Mikey [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
GET THE GOLD, MAKE THE RULES!
2003 Harley Davidson FLHRSE12 Screamin' Eagle Road King
Limited Edition 100th Anniversary
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/gallery/452_21_04_11_11_12_33.jpg

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: SERK Dyno
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 07:09:26 PM »

Jim (H-D Dude) is going to scan in a color version the dyno sheet and post on here somewhere. We just got back from a ride up to Sacramento for Easy Riders show today, so still unpacking and thawing out. He (Jim) just did a Feuling oil pump & lifters, Delkron cam plate, and  new Freedom Cycle YB14SEC cams, adjustable pushrods, and chrome billet lifter covers &  pushrodcovers.

The numbers were: UNCORRECTED (SAE): 113HP & 125 FT LBS and CORRECTED(SAE):108HP & 119 FT LBS. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Not bad for a 103". Naturally I'm very happy with the numbers and the torque band is fantastic. Grab some throttle and hold on, what difference.
UPDATE: Jim has graciously posted the dyno sheet here:
http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1168818949

Joe
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 02:11:07 AM by CVOJOE »

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
Re: SERK Dyno
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2007, 06:24:34 AM »

Jim (H-D Dude) is going to scan in a color version the dyno sheet and post on here somewhere. We just got back from a ride up to Sacramento for Easy Riders show today, so still unpacking and thawing out. He (Jim) just did a Feuling oil pump & lifters, Delkron cam plate, and  new Freedom Cycle YB14SEC cams, adjustable pushrods, and chrome billet lifter covers &  pushrodcovers.

The numbers were: UNCORRECTED (SAE): 113HP & 125 FT LBS and CORRECTED(SAE):108HP & 119 FT LBS. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Not bad for a 103". Naturally I'm very happy with the numbers and the torque band is fantastic. Grab some throttle and hold on, what difference.
UPDATE: Jim has graciously posted the dyno sheet here:
http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1168818949

Joe

They sure are impressive numbers Joe. She must pull like a train.

Incidentally the link that you provided for the Dyno numbers doesn't work (for me anyway ! )

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2007, 03:15:53 PM »

Nige,
Sorry, seems the link got changed during the site upgrade. It's posted here:
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=10263.0

Incidently, I have a new Rhinehart 2-into-1 sitting in the garage, but with these numbers I'll just leave well enough alone I think.  :2vrolijk_21:

:drink:
Cheers,
Joe

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 04:24:59 AM »

They sure show some great numbers and that A/F line looks like the Bonneville salt flats !

I don't think you need to mess around too much more with a set up kicking out that much "fun".

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 20 queries.