Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18

Author Topic: Boom 1.19.0 is available  (Read 59218 times)

panz

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED ...GOLDEN GIRL
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO ULTRA Traded
    • CVO3: 2009 Ultra Classic Traded
Re: Boom 1.19.0 is available
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2015, 05:25:15 PM »

Toddwebber...yes they do test them....on us!!
"LIFE IS SHORT...ENJOY IT!"

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2015, 05:33:52 PM »

Toddwebber...yes they do test them....on us!!
As with the rest of the bike. You couldn't have said it any better.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2015, 07:13:19 PM »

Lets hope 1.20.0 is better. I wonder if they test these updates

Obviously not, but don't be too hard on poor ol' Harley.  After all, its only been two years now since they first started using the new infotainment system.  They have had much worse problems in the past that took several decades to be addressed.  I wonder what the update numbering system actually means.  I mean, if 1.19.0 means the 1st generation system and 19th update so far, they've got a long way to go before they have to click it over to the 2nd generation.  Welcome to the modern world of never ending software updates that cause more problems than they fix.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

CircleRacer

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2015, 07:26:45 PM »

I can not get the radio to take the up date radio says The ISO image on the attached USB is corrupt or incompatible. I tried what Panz done with no luck. I want my 2009 CVO back at least I was smart enough to work the radio and the 665 Garmin!!!!!

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2015, 09:55:08 PM »

Well this is all pretty interesting to me. I downloaded and then uploaded the new update and finally went on a beautiful 300 mile ride today. Lucked out and the weather was great. Not only was the weather and ride great... so was the new software update. The AVC is working perfectly. Set it to Plus three bars and done. WORKS. Not sure why everyone else is having problems. Stopped for a couple of meals, twice for gas, and several beverage breaks. EVERY single time I started the bike I scrutinized AVC function to see if it was still working... When coming to a stop it lowers the volume to my setting, and when I take off it increases to my setting.

So what is happening on the other bikes in this thread??? The only thing that makes sense to me is something that I referred to in an earlier post. The link that was provided in an earlier post brings you to the download for the STANDARD bikes. You have to select the "tab" for CVO bikes. BOTH pages show a download for version of 1.19.0. If you look at both though you will see they are different sizes. Maybe this is part of what is going on? Not sure, but seems possible, although I would think it is tested maybe the filenames are different and they detect it. Maybe they are not checking this during upload, and it gets uploaded and does not work correctly.

An easy check though would be to compare the file size for the version you downloaded to the CORECT CVO version and see if it is indeed the same size. Just a guess. Mine works perfect, and it did so ALL day long.

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2015, 10:03:11 PM »

Just had another thought... maybe it is not getting uploaded correctly to your unit. One thing you should see is it detects that you are trying to uploaded and asks you if you want to continue. After this you SHOULD see a sequence of several separate updates for the various parts of this update. This shows up on the screen with progress bars and something like step one 1 of 12 ( This is just an example. I don't remember exactly) and progresses like 2 of 12... 3 of 12 etc and finally completes the WHOLE update. IF YOU ARE NOT SEEING THIS SOMETHING IS WRONG!!!!

Again, I am just guessing and throwing things out there to think about. Of course, you can also go to the dealer and they will do it for you if all else fails. Maybe there are other issues like it works great on FLHXSE, and not the other CVO's??? Not sure. Mine works.

MGCVO

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2015, 09:10:31 AM »

Update to my previous post...AVC works sometimes. Now, going down the road, running XM, it switched itself to AM band and locked up the system. Nice try Harley, maybe someday you'll figure it out.

Same thing happened to me… I was playing XM radio and it switched over to phone and started playing from that source then it switched back to XM then back to phone, all this happened within a 30 sec window. It then settled down and was ok for about 2 hrs then it did it again.
I bought this bike to relieve my stress not add to it! What a POS this radio turned out to be.

panz

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED ...GOLDEN GIRL
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO ULTRA Traded
    • CVO3: 2009 Ultra Classic Traded
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2015, 12:49:22 PM »

Circle racer...it says on the Harley website if you download the WRONG update onto your flash drive and try to update your radio with the wrong file it will say EXACTLY what came up on your radio screen. You are trying to update your radio with the wrong update.
"LIFE IS SHORT...ENJOY IT!"

CircleRacer

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2015, 12:54:06 PM »

The dealership said they down loaded 1.18.3 in my bike yesterday I checked they did not down load 1.18.3 I have 1.18.0 I was trying to down load 1.18.3 I thought I should down 1.18.3 before I down loaded 1.19.0???

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2015, 01:11:45 PM »

The dealership said they down loaded 1.18.3 in my bike yesterday I checked they did not down load 1.18.3 I have 1.18.0 I was trying to down load 1.18.3 I thought I should down 1.18.3 before I down loaded 1.19.0???

No.  You can see from the size of the downloads, that it is a complete reload of the system.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

baddyna96

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IN

• CVO1: 2015 SESG Ultraviolet/Lava
    • CVO2: 1996 FXDWG 96" Stroker 125 HP
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2015, 01:12:17 PM »

Same thing happened to me… I was playing XM radio and it switched over to phone and started playing from that source then it switched back to XM then back to phone, all this happened within a 30 sec window. It then settled down and was ok for about 2 hrs then it did it again.
I bought this bike to relieve my stress not add to it! What a POS this radio turned out to be.
And, I forgot to mention, I hit the navigation button, the screen turned bright orange and it also locked up the system. Had to stop and shut the bike off for a couple of minutes to reboot in both cases.

MGCVO

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2015, 01:20:11 PM »

And, I forgot to mention, I hit the navigation button, the screen turned bright orange and it also locked up the system. Had to stop and shut the bike off for a couple of minutes to reboot in both cases.

When this happened to me it did NOT lockup my radio it just toggled between the two sources. I also noticed that when playing music from my phone {Samsung S6} I lost the ability to do a FIND for a song or artist VIA Bluetooth. I can do a FIND as a USB drive.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 01:23:04 PM by MGCVO »

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2015, 01:24:12 PM »

I have the same bike you have... even the same color. Mine is working perfectly well after the latest update. Maybe check posts 50 and 51 above for possible solutions.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2015, 06:22:48 PM »

When this happened to me it did NOT lockup my radio it just toggled between the two sources. I also noticed that when playing music from my phone {Samsung S6} I lost the ability to do a FIND for a song or artist VIA Bluetooth. I can do a FIND as a USB drive.
This could be a phone issue. Service manager gave me a website showing the compatibility of phones to 1.18.3. I'm sure it changed again. Just checked the link, no good. Probably have to hit it from a Dealer server.

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Copyless

• GA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCU (close to a CVO)
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2015, 07:09:02 PM »

I wonder what the update numbering system actually means.  I mean, if 1.19.0 means the 1st generation system and 19th update so far, they've got a long way to go before they have to click it over to the 2nd generation.

Jerry

It should (I know it's HD so should doesn't mean anything) basically follow a software version numbering "protocol/rule/guideline" which is Major.Minor.Patch. There are no actual rules to numbering that is why I put it in quotation marks, but most do follow a basic structure. Some do use the patch section (or third numbering section) to show what version of the version it is, as in, 0 would be alpha  1-beta, 2-RC, 3-final release.  -Major version changes would make sizeable changes to the software and normally would change the API, -Minor version changes are used to show new functionality, large improvements, and such, -Patch version changes are normally used for bug fixes and so if only this number is changed you know that only a few bugs found within are being addressed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 24 queries.