Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: 07 SE ULTRA RUNS ROUGH  (Read 3943 times)

DR.NEMO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • ON

07 SE ULTRA RUNS ROUGH
« on: June 02, 2015, 08:34:28 PM »

I have an 07 SE Ultra 110ci... engine starts and idles fine.. Once I start off I can feel vibration and the engine is misfiring or just running rough all thru the rev range.. I just installed a glide pro front motor mount which has helped the handlebars stop vibrating...but the engine seems to run worse the warmer or longer i ride.. any ideas..???

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

Re: 07 SE ULTRA RUNS ROUGH
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 09:37:48 PM »

I would try changing the plugs and leads to start with

DR.NEMO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • ON

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 10:14:21 PM »

I hope its plugs.. I will post later either way.   Thanx..

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 10:37:12 AM »

Plugs and wires first, but if your in the 50k mileage range... Lifters and lobes might be worn.  Mine did that.  It opens the valves enough at idle.  But when you start to twist the wrist it stumbles because the valves aren't coming all the way down restricting intake (and outflow I suppose).

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 01:57:30 PM »

I think we would need a lot more information to even make an educated guess.  First, have you checked for diagnostic trouble codes?  Has the bike been sitting for a long time with old gas in it?  Stuff like that.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 03:12:57 PM »

What's the mileage?  Could be fuel, fuel filter, 02 sensors, any number of throttle body sensors, plugs, wires, coil wires, etc...  As GRC (Jerry) mentioned - more information could lead to more informed responses...   :)
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

DR.NEMO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • ON

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 12:09:45 PM »

The bike has 40k miles on her.. No it has not been sitting, not a wreck rebuild, not old or bad gas.  Started feeling vibes in my bars last fall, so I figured front motor mount.. nope. I just rode for about an hour now with new plugs. The engine is definitely running rough when at a constant speed on hwy, especially noticeable when accelerating in all gears, but more noticeable as soon as I twist the throttle a bit and also seems to be worse as the bike gets hotter.. Still pulls like a freight train, but she is not smooth. Feels more like electrical than fuel because of the consistency of the stumbling/mis firing etc...
  What in the ignition system would get worse as it gets hotter..??  I have no check engine light on, so Im assuming there are no codes to help.. I have a scan tool for cars not bikes anyways.. Thanx for the help, and I check back often, and am washing her first, then into the garage and lift the tank to see whats up under there..

DR.NEMO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • ON

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 12:54:41 PM »

Here is a pic of her a few weeks ago.. Buffalo NY across the Niagara river..

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2015, 01:08:26 PM »

The bike has 40k miles on her.. No it has not been sitting, not a wreck rebuild, not old or bad gas.  Started feeling vibes in my bars last fall, so I figured front motor mount.. nope. I just rode for about an hour now with new plugs. The engine is definitely running rough when at a constant speed on hwy, especially noticeable when accelerating in all gears, but more noticeable as soon as I twist the throttle a bit and also seems to be worse as the bike gets hotter.. Still pulls like a freight train, but she is not smooth. Feels more like electrical than fuel because of the consistency of the stumbling/mis firing etc...
  What in the ignition system would get worse as it gets hotter..??  I have no check engine light on, so Im assuming there are no codes to help.. I have a scan tool for cars not bikes anyways.. Thanx for the help, and I check back often, and am washing her first, then into the garage and lift the tank to see whats up under there..

You don't need a scan tool to see the codes.  Can be reported through the speedometer.  Posted here many times how to retrieve. 

If you're looking for something that would be an inexpensive thing to try if it's cutting out under a load throw a set of plug wires on it.  Might fix it.  Might not.  But it's cheap and easy to try and stands a chance.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2015, 03:48:12 PM »

The 07 110 motor was the bastard child of Harley Davidson. The motor had many problems. With the mileage you have on the bike my suggestion to you would be QUIT riding it and get in the shop ASAP. There are many problems that this motor could have and few of them can and will be detrimental to the entire motor. The MOCO no longer has a rebuild program for the 110 motor. So save yourself some time and a lot of money and get it checked out.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DR.NEMO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • ON

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2015, 09:48:58 PM »

Thanx for the replies... First of all, I am not riding it at all until its fixed.. I am very worried about those expensive possibilities..
I do plan to lift the gas tank, inspect injector wires, change plug wires, and maybe the coil too.. But lifting the tank is not as easy as it was on carb bikes.. But I seen a great tutorial on this site for how to remove the tank, so when I get time I will do this..
I will post as soon as I do some work.. :'( :'(

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2015, 10:52:04 PM »

Look forward too your out come,...good luck,..hope you sort it on the low cost side.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2015, 11:12:05 AM »

In the past unless I need to remove the tank ( which really isn't a big deal) I unbolt it and slide a 2x4 up under it to raise it just enough to get under there and do what you need to do. I will bet the problem in deep inside the motor. Not to be the bearer of bad news but that 07 110 does not have a very good reputation at all!!!!!

No matter what the problem is Good Luck!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG 
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DR.NEMO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • ON

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2015, 06:29:30 PM »

Update... Still not riding my bike, haven't had time to do anything to it, however I did do the diag check, and no codes at all...
The bike seems to have the vibration/misfire at idle and throughout the rev range (possibly getting worse/more noticeable).. Raising rpm's slowly I can feel the vibes thru the bars.. and I can feel and hear what seems to be misfiring/rough running
I'm guessing the diag test showing no codes is a bad thing....meaning the problem is deeper and  more $$$$$$   :'(

Ridgerunr

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2015, 07:39:56 AM »

Or it's as simple as a fuel filter inside the tank. Hard to tell on the net. Do you have a shop nearby you trust?
2004 Roadglide 113" (sold)
2014 CVO RoadKing
2015 RGS
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 20 queries.