Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Author Topic: For SPRINGERS only ? (MOTORKOTE)  (Read 37441 times)

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: For SPRINGERS only ? (MOTORKOTE)
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2015, 07:39:53 PM »

So, aside from the annoying repeated posts from the OP, has anyone tried it or heard of it or know someone who has? Just because his repeated post are annoying to most everyone doesn't mean the product doesn't work. Or are we all that far down the MOCO rabbit hole?   :drink:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2015, 07:48:08 PM »

So, aside from the annoying repeated posts from the OP, has anyone tried it or heard of it or know someone who has? Just because his repeated post are annoying to most everyone doesn't mean the product doesn't work. Or are we all that far down the MOCO rabbit hole?   :drink:

I'm sorry Rob, it never occurred to me to actually really try the stuff.  My bad.  All the (badly done) infomercialposts to begin with were enough to convince me if someone felt the need to pitch it that hard the product must be bupkus in real life.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2015, 07:59:23 PM »

I'm sorry Rob, it never occurred to me to actually really try the stuff.  My bad.  All the (badly done) infomercialposts to begin with were enough to convince me if someone felt the need to pitch it that hard the product must be bupkus in real life.

Understood Don. The first video seemed to give it merit (I didn't watch the 2nd) so I thought I'd ask. Hate for us all to miss the greatest thing since sliced bread...  :P

EDIT: maybe you can get some and change my oil on the way back from Sturgis!!!  :huepfenjump3:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2015, 08:33:27 PM »

Understood Don. The first video seemed to give it merit (I didn't watch the 2nd) so I thought I'd ask. Hate for us all to miss the greatest thing since sliced bread...  :P

EDIT: maybe you can get some and change my oil on the way back from Sturgis!!!  :huepfenjump3:

If having a little SnakeOyl or cold beverage on hand is all it takes for a stopover on your way home consider it done.   :2vrolijk_21:

You know you're always welcome and there's always room in the shop or just a spare room for travelers.

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2015, 09:30:04 PM »

I Google'd this stuff and way down in the very fine extra small, almost invisible print, under a semi-colon I found a disclaimer.
" Use Playtex gloves when using this product. Side effects include : The growing of little green hairs on the palm and back of the hand if the product contacts the skin on your hand. Not for internal or external use on or in the human body. If contact of the skin with this product occurs, notify the EPA, the Emergency Hazmat Response Unit in your area, and call your local Fire and Police Departments for safe passage to the nearest  Hospital. Do not inhale the vapors and only use in a well ventilated area to avoid risk of death or worse!"
Seams like good chit to me.
Mike
 :drink:

Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2015, 10:46:34 PM »

:oops:

Want to see how to get a thread locked? Talk about NASCAR or The Battle Flag.
Remember Rule of Posting # 10.
Not that I would ever do that, But!
 ;D
Mike
 :drink:
I remember!! :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2015, 10:53:21 PM »

does motorkote replace kryptonite!! ???

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2015, 09:06:05 AM »

I remember my first direct experience with one of the early oil additives that also promised great and wonderful things, and you may have heard of that one.  It was called STP.  In a fuels and lubricants class we did a little experiment with that product that showed why believing the ads and just throwing additives into your motor oil might not be a great idea.  We took a measured amount of motor oil in a beaker, checked the viscosity at the standard temps of 0°C and 100°C, then added the STP in the ratio called for on the can, and tried to run the viscosity tests again.  At 100°C the thickening agents did in fact increase viscosity as you would expect.  At 0°C we were unable to run a viscosity test, since the oil/STP mixture had turned into a lump that wouldn't flow at all.  As we cooled the mixture in an ice bath while stirring, we reached a point where we could no longer stir the mixture, and we could pick the beaker up with the stirring rod.  Guess how great that would work in your car on a cold winter morning.

My point is that unless you're a scientist with a very good understanding of the chemistry and the requirements and operating conditions, it's probably better to leave the blending of your motor oil to the experts.  If this or any other additive was really even half as good as the adds claim, I'm quite certain at least one or two of the motor oil companies would incorporate it in their product from the git-go, since the business is rather competitive.  Other companies that offer similar snake oil have been successfully sued over the years for false advertising, like Slick 50 for instance, and I wouldn't be surprised if this Motorkote product becomes popular enough to come to the attention of the FTC that it wouldn't be another pelt added to the belt of an FTC lawyer.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2015, 10:53:09 AM »

Seems like somebody, somewhere, would someday actually make snake oil out of actual snakes, & then sell & publicize that.   :nixweiss: 

If you read it on the internet, it must be true.  Also, I have won the Australian Lottery 8 times without even buying a ticket & have about $500,000 on deposit in Bank SA Nairobi of in all honorable truth US monies & it is mine if I send a good faith cashiers check to verify the amount & pay the customary transfer fees of all due haste. 

Q:  Why are most people's golf games like masturbation?

A: Both can be a lot of fun, but nobody wants to watch either one.

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2015, 01:53:23 PM »

That's a good point Jerry. That would be an even better video.... Mix the oil and the additive together and THEN apply it to the 300 pound test. Wonder why they didn't do that?

Rob

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2015, 03:23:10 PM »

Despite all the amazing things and wonderful enhancements we have discovered that can come from Motorkote there has begun to be a backlash.  Apparently some have used it to gain an unfair advantage.  Society's response was so outraged that vigilantes went all Nathaniel Hawthorne on their asses.  Puritan justice is the worst.

It's not like we never suspected though.....

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2015, 03:23:54 PM »

....and the scandal spread.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2015, 03:24:54 PM »

Then it jumped from the realm of sports to politics!  Oh my.....

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2015, 03:26:32 PM »

Finally even the mainstream media couldn't avoid the story when the scandal reached the White House itself.  Seems Mrs. Potus was a fan of the "enhancements" but the citizenry revolted!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2015, 03:28:18 PM »

Then, finally, with a great hue and cry even what was supposedly divine creation was proved to be not above the scandal....   and the nation wept.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.