Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Stolen Bike notice!  (Read 21375 times)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

Re: Stolen Bike notice!
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2015, 10:17:24 AM »

On a positive note, good friend that manages our Trucking Co., had his '03 Anniversary Heritage in the Showroom of our Dealership in Beckley, WV.  Theives stole a Roll-Back in for service, and the Bike.  2 years later, the FBI found the Bike, intact, and the Roll-Back, in a Warehouse in Huntington, WV.  The Roll-Back had been removed from the Truck, and the Truck was gone.  So....maybe your Scooter will turn up....maybe not.  Still, an unfortunate event.  Phucking theives........ :behead2:  Later--HUBBARD 
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2015, 12:27:28 PM »

Had my new Triumph Daytona stolen from my apartment in 1969. Broke my heart I loved that bike.  Two weeks later it was found with just the front wheel in the river laying on its side.  Turns out the theirs used my bike as transportation to steal a car.  Sheriff said car owner was woke up by a load noise and windows shook when something took off. Even though I was pissed had to smile and think that's my bike.  Insurance covered all repairs100% .  Gave me the opportunity to chop it.

Never caught the bastards. Hope you get yours back. 
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2015, 12:37:17 PM »

A very close friend from Southern Wisconsin was in eastern Tennessee with his wife and two children on vacation.  They were in the mountains with their three four-wheelers riding the trails when his wife had an accident, breaking several vertebra in her back, broke her scapula, had a concussion.  She ended up with about a week in a hospital before they could make their way home.  On the way home, they stopped at a hotel for the night just outside Indianapolis.  He parked his truck and trailer under the front awning of a major brand motel.  Plenty of lighting - in view of the front desk.  They came out the next morning to continue their journey home to find the trailer and three 4 wheelers gone.  Lock cut and laying on the ground.  Turns out the only security camera not functioning on the entire property was the camera view of his truck and trailer.  Front desk attendant saw nothing???  You have to ask, if you are a criminal, are you going to pick a trailer to steal that sits under the well lit awning in front of a large motel - almost assuredly within view of a security camera.  More than a little suspect...  This was about six weeks ago.  He called the local police, who gave him no satisfaction.  He called the state police, who agreed the circumstances were very suspicious, but said the crime was under jurisdiction of the local police.  He's not heard a word from either since returning home...  He was well insured, so at this point, he hopes he never sees the trailer or contents again.

2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

owl893

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Autumn Haze
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2015, 01:55:37 PM »

Sorry you had to lose an old friend.  "Lock cut" was that the shed lock? Was the bike locked? What time of day? Was it common knowledge that you kept it in the shed?  This is Grand Theft, the police have "ways" of obtaining leads on things like this, every town has an underground.  Stealing a vehicle, locked on private property requires knowledge of the bike, and you, and the habits of those at your home. 

OWL
1961 DUO GLIDE, 1979 FLH, 1999 FXDWG, 2001 FXSTS, 2003 FLHRCI, 2004 FLSTCI, 2005 FLHT, 2006 FLHXI, 2011 FLHXSE2

doublerunner

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO Road Glide Rio Red/Ember Black
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2015, 02:38:04 PM »

Mark if you have posted this on facebook can you post the link? I am also in Mass and can share it with dozens of people I know. I also have friends that are police and who also own bike shops
-------------------------------------
Enjoy the Journey

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2015, 02:43:32 PM »

Sorry you had to lose an old friend.  "Lock cut" was that the shed lock? Was the bike locked? What time of day? Was it common knowledge that you kept it in the shed?  This is Grand Theft, the police have "ways" of obtaining leads on things like this, every town has an underground.  Stealing a vehicle, locked on private property requires knowledge of the bike, and you, and the habits of those at your home.
OWL

My first thought when I read the OP.....somebody had to know something.  :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Alien

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2015, 03:36:21 PM »

I am not on facebook.

Shed was locked. The hasp was pried from the door. I saw the bike before I left for the Jimmy Buffet concert with my girlfriend at 11:00M Saturday. We got home from the concert about midnight and went to bed. We woke up at about 7:00AM and went to breakfast. When we got back we started to clean out the car from the concert the night before. At this point I noticed the hasp. The doors had been closed and the hasp made to look like it was still locked. If I didn't need to put some things in the shed I might not have noticed for days. My 87 year old dad lives with me but he didn't hear anything. I have talked to the couple of neighbors I know and nobody saw anything. Only a couple of people know I was going to the concert and one of them went to it with me and I trust him completely. I have lived here a long time and the bike has been seen hundreds of times. Two months ago about $2000 of tools were stolen out of my truck toolbox, I had no insurance coverage on those tools. The police also believe it is someone who knows me. For the life of me I can't think of anyone who could or would do this to me. I'm kind of a big intimidating guy?

Thanks for the kind words and offers of help

owl893

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Autumn Haze
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2015, 05:09:24 AM »

I hope you have a CCP and Dad has a piece available.  My wife has one as well and practices with me. Twice in two months.......you know them, or they know you better than you think, and they know you have nice stuff.  Be careful, be safe, a Glock in hand is better than two in the gun safe. However, if you have kids you need trigger locks and/or leave the weapons in condition three (or four).

OWL
1961 DUO GLIDE, 1979 FLH, 1999 FXDWG, 2001 FXSTS, 2003 FLHRCI, 2004 FLSTCI, 2005 FLHT, 2006 FLHXI, 2011 FLHXSE2

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2015, 10:50:32 AM »

I hope you get 'made whole' in the end!

I had a snowmobile stolen years ago....was found over a year later with the front right suspension 'folded under'/ drive train missing in a barn during a raid on an acreage on a Hells Angels chop shop / fencing operation.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

FLY-DOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • U.S. Navy (30 years); Delta Air Lines (22 years)
    • FL

• CVO1: FLHXSE3
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2015, 08:19:04 PM »

There's nothing worse than a thief!  I hope whomever stole your bike gets caught and convicted and goes away for a long time and shares a jail cell with big Bubba who's needs a new cell mate girlfriend.  I have no use for those that take what others have worked hard for and earned with their sweat.
Current Stable:
2021 BMW R1250 GSA Rallye
2016 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited w/392 Hemi
2012 CVO Street Glide
2007 Mustang GT500
2006 YZ250F

BritGuy

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2015, 09:28:09 PM »

Wrong side of North America to be much practical help, I just hate the fact that some feel they can just help themselves to what is not theirs. Just don't care you have saved, borrowed, worked hard to get something special. I hope a miracle happens and you are both reunited or something comes of the insurance pay out that will begin to fill the gap. So sorry to hear this.

jachd17

• Elite CVO Member
  • 1*
    • MA

• CVO1: 08 FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2015, 10:02:16 PM »

I am not on facebook.

Shed was locked. The hasp was pried from the door. I saw the bike before I left for the Jimmy Buffet concert with my girlfriend at 11:00M Saturday. We got home from the concert about midnight and went to bed. We woke up at about 7:00AM and went to breakfast. When we got back we started to clean out the car from the concert the night before. At this point I noticed the hasp. The doors had been closed and the hasp made to look like it was still locked. If I didn't need to put some things in the shed I might not have noticed for days. My 87 year old dad lives with me but he didn't hear anything. I have talked to the couple of neighbors I know and nobody saw anything. Only a couple of people know I was going to the concert and one of them went to it with me and I trust him completely. I have lived here a long time and the bike has been seen hundreds of times. Two months ago about $2000 of tools were stolen out of my truck toolbox, I had no insurance coverage on those tools. The police also believe it is someone who knows me. For the life of me I can't think of anyone who could or would do this to me. I'm kind of a big intimidating guy?

Thanks for the kind words and offers of help
If your dad lives with you and was home, I would have to agree it is someone you know (this includes neighbors) OR someone who knows your friends who may have let slip about you being gone for the day. Keep an open ear out. What sinks most criminals is their inability to keep their mouth shut. The guilty party WILL tell someone, somewhere. The trick is to get those who know to spill it.

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2015, 09:07:28 PM »

I always lock  my fork, rear wheel lock, industrial hardened chain and lock to a post 6" post that supports the roof center  burglar alarm that calls my phone custom made by me , and the garage has a alarm. Two pistal's and a 12 Guage home defender shotgun with thee #4  three inch shells and 3 slugs. We have shoot the burglar laws that protects us from being prosacuted for killing a person in our home. I would not Hesitate to pull the trigger ad many times as needed!

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2015, 09:30:47 PM »

Forgot. Semi Auto 308 Deer rifle and scope.

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited "Wicked"
Stolen Bike notice!
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2015, 03:44:09 AM »

A good dog trumps everything. Noise alone with wake you or chase off people.

Not kidding 26 years LE. Never took a report of house burglarized with a big dog. One time with medium dog. And 90 percent happen during working hours. Other 10 percent were friends family or hired help knew they weren't home. Only one time middle of the night and some stabbing happened. Think this was gay prostitute thing gone bad or came back. Nothing taken.
Either way sucks to have anything taken you try to keep nice.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 03:48:53 AM by bakon »
Will
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 24 queries.