Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Stolen Bike notice!  (Read 21372 times)

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
Re: Stolen Bike notice!
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2015, 07:52:29 AM »

The complete personal vulnerability is usually worse than the financial loss. Especially when it's stolen from your home.  It's like someone has been watching you.  Heal as fast as you can.  Look for another one.  Sorry for you and your family.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

Alien

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2015, 12:28:13 PM »

Insurance company (Mapfre commerce) offered me just under $7000 this morning. I am devastated. They don't care what I have for receipts. I turned it down but looks like I am going to get screwed!!!

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2015, 12:41:26 PM »

We shopped around for insurance recently....found a great deal..or so we thought.....CDI could not tell me what I'd get in the event of a non-recovered theft.
Beacon insurance, which I believe specializes in motorcycle insurance, will give me 40,000, as that's what I'm paying for.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2015, 06:14:20 PM »

Insurance company (Mapfre commerce) offered me just under $7000 this morning. I am devastated. They don't care what I have for receipts. I turned it down but looks like I am going to get screwed!!!

My Suggestion:   Go to arbitration and ask for them to find you a comparable replacement at the price they are offering you.

At worst you'll end up with more money.

Good Luck.

Jerry

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited "Wicked"
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2015, 07:52:56 AM »

Friend works for State Farm and does the pay outs for motorcycle stuff. She likes a nice notebook with all the receipts attached, date installed, mileage, service, ect. Just make a note on a page and staple the receipt to it for everything you pay for or add yourself.
Will

Alien

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2015, 08:36:09 AM »

Friend works for State Farm and does the pay outs for motorcycle stuff. She likes a nice notebook with all the receipts attached, date installed, mileage, service, ect. Just make a note on a page and staple the receipt to it for everything you pay for or add yourself.

I actually have all that including some pictures. Adjuster said it doesn't matter I'm only insured for actual cash value, not the extras. I then explained the receipts will show the level of care and maintenance proving the bike was
S way better than average condition. She replied fine send them but it won't make a difference. As far as I'm concerned original owner adds value?!

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2015, 08:43:09 AM »

Fight it with all you have. If you take the 7k, you lose...........can't do worse than that.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Alien

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2015, 09:03:28 AM »

I can't buy any decent bike for $7,000 I'll patiently wait them out. I do have almost $20,000 in receipts from the last few years. They can find me a well maintained one owner 2000 screaming eagle road glide in triple red and put it in my driveway. I think $15,000 in my pocket would be fair to them and I!!

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2015, 09:30:43 AM »

Good luck man, do a search for a comparable bike you like that is for same and tell them to buy it for you. $7,000 is way low but then again I don't think they will write a check to you for 15 k.

Like others have said fight hard go over the adjusters head if you have too and then even over their bosses head if need be.  They would love to settle low but don't let them.

Here's one with 17,000 miles for $12,999.  That's what they could do if you persist.

http://www.cycletrader.com/dealers/Aces-Motorcycles-2980816/listing/2000-Harley-Davidson-FLTRSE-115024522

KBB in Excellent Condition  $11,790, the offer made you is below trade in which is wholesale.

Looking at asking prices and the lack of add on coverage your not going to like the outcome unless you can get them to replace it.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 09:58:49 AM by Chains »
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Alien

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2015, 07:17:43 PM »

Thanks for the help and link. $12-13,000 would be much better than $7000? I'm sure I'll have to fight for every penny. Id settle for them putting that one in the link in my driveway?

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2015, 07:24:04 PM »

Thanks for the help and link. $12-13,000 would be much better than $7000? I'm sure I'll have to fight for every penny. Id settle for them putting that one in the link in my driveway?

Then give them that as a task. $7,000 is not even close. Tell them to get you the one in the link.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Lone Rider

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: Softail Deluxe 2014
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2015, 05:14:50 AM »

Re-birthing practices are nearly flawless and I'm sorry to say its probably being cloned.

I hope your insurance will cover the cost of another one for you.

Alien

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2015, 07:08:36 AM »

I have drafted a letter to the adjuster (professional and polite) while including copies of NADA, KBB, and the advertisement for the bike in Colorado. I am sending those documents with all my receipts not to get additional money for the updates and upgrades but to convey and justify a higher valuation of an original owner bike in excellent condition. I am sending it signature required. I will update when I hear something back. If anyone else finds similar bikes for sale please post links.

Thanks
Mark

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2015, 09:18:31 AM »

I have drafted a letter to the adjuster (professional and polite) while including copies of NADA, KBB, and the advertisement for the bike in Colorado. I am sending those documents with all my receipts not to get additional money for the updates and upgrades but to convey and justify a higher valuation of an original owner bike in excellent condition. I am sending it signature required. I will update when I hear something back. If anyone else finds similar bikes for sale please post links.

Thanks
Mark
Great first step Mark I hope you get some satisfaction  :2vrolijk_21:  If not ... you may have to re-send that same request on a Lawyer's letter head  :nixweiss: just don't give in too low  ;)

Marty
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

03Lightningrocks

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2013 Road King
    • HVAC
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2015, 11:22:53 AM »

My appologies if someone already ask this but I read through twice and did not see it. Did you have the fork locked and the ignition lock engaged? I have wondered at times if this does much to prevent theft. I feel pretty sure it would slow the average theif down long enough for me to get done if I am out shopping but if they get into my garage while I am not home, not so sure.

This is my worse nightmare. I would cry like a baby if this happened to me. Sorry it happened.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 11:24:53 AM by 03Lightningrocks »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 24 queries.