Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: Stolen Bike notice!  (Read 21374 times)

Alien

• Full CVO Member
Stolen Bike notice!
« on: August 22, 2015, 08:23:57 AM »

On August 15th or 16th my Triple Red Screaming Eagle Road Glide was stolen from my locked shed. I was hoping it would be found locally maybe missing a few parts. It has been a week now so I am starting to think it is gone for good. I am offering a $1000 reward for the return or information leading to the arrest of anyone involved. The VIN# 1HD1PAC20YY952074. In the last few years it had been stroked to 117 inches. Otherwise it looked like a mint FLTSEI with stainless bolts everywhere and 18 inch PM Villian wheels. sorry I have no recent pictures but you all know what they look like.

Doing a search I haven't been able to find any for sale and the few sold ones seem to be going for less than I thought they would. If anyone has any recent sales they know of that may help me with my insurance company I would appreciate it. I have a $1000 deductible.

I am located in south eastern MA

Thank You
Mark
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 08:41:29 AM by Alien »

krypto2011

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Stolen Bike notice!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 08:33:07 AM »

Where are you located?
2011 SESG Krypto/Black Diamond, SE 259e cams, SE 5.3 injectors, HPI 58mm throttle body, heads ported and polished, V&H power duals, CFR mufflers, SE race tuner, SE high flow air filter

Alien

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 08:42:00 AM »

Where are you located?

Good catch, edited post.

mark

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 09:51:45 AM »

It would be very hard to sell, since the VIN has been entered as "stolen" and a false title would have to be produced...which would be discovered by the DMV when the unsuspecting buyer tried to register it.  Sadly, it will probably be sold off in pieces or wind up in a 3rd world country.

Alien

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 10:13:02 AM »

It would be very hard to sell, since the VIN has been entered as "stolen" and a false title would have to be produced...which would be discovered by the DMV when the unsuspecting buyer tried to register it.  Sadly, it will probably be sold off in pieces or wind up in a 3rd world country.

I know you are probably right but I still have "some" hope. I bought the bike new. I put all 105,000 miles on it. Lower end was loose a few years ago so we rebuilt it to 117. I have been to 37 states and the bike was in excellent shape. People were always surprised when I told them how old and how many miles it had. I am 54 and figured I would have the bike forever. I had even bought a full set of painted parts in case I was ever involved in an accident thinking they would never be able to match the factory graphics? I had just bought a new windshield and hadn't even put it on yet. I'm really sick over this whole experience.

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 10:24:46 AM »

Man O man!! I know all so well how bumed out you must be feeling all the things going through your head ,..how the hell did they get it, etc. In my time I've had two trucks, two vans, a car, and everything from the inside of a camper right down to the knife and fork stolen. There's no words for it

Good luck, hope you'll be back in the wind ASAP

Keep use updated,

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2015, 10:43:26 AM »

I just did a search on both Kijiji Canada and E-Bay Canada and so far only one Triple Red for sale in Quebec, but it does not look like yours, as described  :(

Marty
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

screaminCVO

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 Ultra Limited CVO Maroon / Burgundy
    • CVO2: 2013 Road Glide orange / grey
    • CVO3: 2003 Ultra with sidecar silver/black
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2015, 11:18:12 AM »

WOW - hope they find your ride.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2015, 03:48:13 PM »

Please post pics for us.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Alien

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2015, 05:29:49 PM »

These are the wheels on it but the picture is years old. Its basically stock with a saddleman road sofa gel seat and a supertrapp 2 into 1 exhaust.

Alien

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2015, 05:32:16 PM »

This was the bike when only a year old. It didn't look very different except for wheels, seat, and all 12 point stainless bolts. I did have a King Tourpack on it at the time.

Streetglide1

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MO

• CVO1: 2012 Streetglide
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2015, 06:08:11 PM »

I hope the individual that stole it reaps the harvest!

I hope you recover it.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2015, 09:17:02 PM »

Hate reading of things like this.  Best of luck on the recovery.  Unfortunately we all know it's probably already parted out making the individual pieces just more of the bits scattered across eBay, Craigslist and all the other places such things go.  As good looking as these bikes are they're still likely just too old and with too low a value to be stolen and shipped overseas.  Good luck.  Hope it was well insured and you can start again on the hunt for a replacement red SERG  :2vrolijk_21: .

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2015, 09:24:36 PM »

Sorry to hear about your ride. I'm always looking around on the computer, and I'm not that far away, I'll keep an eye out.

Ridgerunr

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2015, 09:25:41 AM »

I always hate to hear about these thefts. My friend and his son were heading back to Mich. from Daytona one winter, stopped for the night, next morning woke to find the truck, trailer and 2 baggers gone. Truck recovered outside Chicago 4 months later, trailer and bikes never found. Hope you can bounce back from this.
2004 Roadglide 113" (sold)
2014 CVO RoadKing
2015 RGS
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 24 queries.