Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: 2015 110 engine vibration  (Read 36774 times)

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
Re: 2015 110 engine vibration
« Reply #150 on: April 14, 2016, 09:11:02 AM »

I would still take all my evidence to an attorney and sue the chit out of Harley for failure to repair warrantable defects in a timely manner, loss of use, and whatever else the attorney can throw in under Canadian law.  And once they finally admitted the crank was out of spec, I'd love to know how the jerk rep could possibly justify not replacing the other components that defective crank damaged.  This rep is either a simple minded robot, totally unethical, or just has no balls and won't stand up to his bosses to do the right thing.  Or perhaps all of the above. 

Jerry

My vote is "ALL OF THE ABOVE!"

YB

2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #151 on: April 14, 2016, 09:58:22 AM »

Well Guy's here's the latest on the vibration fiasco with my 110.
As I wrote before I had to tear the engine down because Harley refused to because they (don't have problems with their cranks anymore :D ).
I took the crank to the dealer I bought the bike from and he sent it out to a engine machine shop in Montreal.
I told them I wanted to know what the run out in the V blocks was before they started any work on the crank.
Well, well, low and behold the crank had .009 thousands run out in the V blocks. Max run out in the V blocks is .005.

The dealer called the head honcho service rep in Toronto with the results. He basically said the machine shop wasn't checking it right and wanted them to measure the flywheel run out as well because I could have dropped the crank on the floor and bent it  :nixweiss:. They did and the flywheels also had .009 run out so the crank was scissored.

The dealer called the Harley Rep again. This time he admitted that yes the run out spec's would create the vibration I was talking about. Then he told the dealer that the dealer had to get the bike brought in to verify the crank came out of the bike in question and that there was no damage to the bike WTF.  :drink:

So I packaged everything up and trailered the bike and all the parts to the dealer so they could inspect it and verify the crank came out of the bike.

After almost a week I called them and they said they just got off the phone with Harley and that they will replace the crank
but they will not put in a new cam plate, oil pump, or replace the scored cylinder wall and pistons.

So I guess it's a partial victory!

But wait! the dealer tried to order a new crank and they were out of stock! go figure! So it looks like I won't be getting my bike back for a month to 6 weeks.

So as a side note what do you guy's think of putting a 117 Kit on it to replace the pistons and cylinders. The service guy says the 117 vibrate more than the 110 so he wasn't sure if I would like it.?

Yet another line of crap spewed by the clowns you are forced to deal with at a dealership.  I expect the engineering and marketing folks at the MOCO would be impressed by this technical assessment of their 117 engine package made by a "qualified" dealership service representative...  You should pass those comments on to whatever factory rep you are dealing with for confirmation of the informed technical assessment...

(Didn't the same service guy say earlier that the MOCO had fixed their crank problems?  How could the 117 still have vibration issues if the cranks have been fixed?  I'm confused...)

« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 04:27:43 PM by sadunbar »
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #152 on: April 14, 2016, 01:11:54 PM »

And so now hopefully the crank you begged them for is decent.

ultraswede

« Reply #153 on: April 14, 2016, 02:33:02 PM »

I just signed the dotted line for a 2016 CVO Limited.
As I read all this and still spend a bucket load of money, am I mad/stupid/or whatever might affecting my brain...

I don't think so, the alternative bike for me was a GL 1800, witch has a lot of faults/recalls/unsolved tech problems.
With no aftermarket support to solve them! :furious3:

I feel safe in my choice, if the turd hits the fan, there is always a fix for a Harley, all it takes is $.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 24 queries.