Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  All

Author Topic: Having Second thoughts.. SEUltra or  SERK  (Read 13729 times)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: Having Second thoughts.. SEUltra or  SERK
« Reply #105 on: January 23, 2007, 01:45:52 PM »

RBMNTX,

Thanks for the info.  I have found some great leads from the folks on this board.  Didn't get much time to follow up today as all of my regional reps are in the office this week.

I appreciate the additional lead.  I will follow up.

As for the comment someone made earlier on just paying over MSRP vs. paying travel and/or shipping costs, I would rather pay a dealer that treats me fairly and does a great job in prepping the bike (and give him as much referral business as I can muster) vs. paying over MSRP.  I know this sounds illogical, but I 'll go through the extra steps to get one out of state or area vs. paying a dealer $2K over.  [highlight]You just have to take a stand sometime[/highlight].

Just for giggles, I asked one local dealer about an Ultra today.  He said $2K over and an extremely low ball offer on my trade. :-?  Wow, I just don't get it and I am in a similar business to what Harley dealers do (automotive).

Again, thanks for all of your help so far folks.  You guys are the best.
Cobaltman,
I commend you for standing on your principles.  :)  I hope you're able to locate your ride, there aren't going to be too many of them left before they stop manufacturing them for this model year and start re-tooling for '08's.  If they follow their two-year modus operendi, 07 is the last CVO Ultra year until it comes back around in the rotation (approx 4 years by my guessing), by then it could be a water-cooled 1800cc V-Rod Ultra Classic.  At least if you don't get a SERK this year, it should be back for it's second year in '08.   Good luck.
Cheer [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif],
Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

ace4059

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #106 on: January 23, 2007, 02:12:32 PM »

I have a road king classic and an ultraSE. Rode the RK for 8 years. I thought the Ultra would be "big" and hard to handle. After riding the ultra for 5 months, I can truly say I can handle it just as well as the RK. Sure it weighs more, but IMO it handles just as well as the RK and it's a lot more comfortable on long rides. You can't go wrong either way, but I believe once you try the ultra, you won't go back!
There are no traffic jams along the extra mile.- Roger Staubach.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2007, 02:46:34 PM »

I have a road king classic and an ultraSE. Rode the RK for 8 years. I thought the Ultra would be "big" and hard to handle. After riding the ultra for 5 months, I can truly say I can handle it just as well as the RK. Sure it weighs more, but IMO it handles just as well as the RK and it's a lot more comfortable on long rides. You can't go wrong either way, [highlight]but I believe once you try the ultra, you won't go back[/highlight]!

The UC and EG ride the same. I did buy an EG in '98, and I did go back to the RK! No matter what anyone says, only Cobaltman will know which one he likes better. I swear by RK's and the '07 SERK is the Ultimate Road King!!! They nailed this bike, and can't see myself on any other Touring Bike. One guy said it here best and I agree. If you want a 2-wheeled convertible, buy a UC. If you want a touring motorcycle, buy a Road King! Nothing more I can say. it's a personal decision! ;) Hoist! 8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #108 on: January 23, 2007, 04:33:58 PM »

There are only two categories of Harley riders; those that own a glide and those that don't own one... yet!
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #109 on: January 23, 2007, 05:50:59 PM »

There are only two categories of Harley riders; those that own a glide and those that don't own one... yet!

YES, YES, YES, to what he said!

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #110 on: January 23, 2007, 06:45:04 PM »

Wait till 08 my money is on the MOTO will have a SEROADGLIDE what you think?????

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #111 on: January 23, 2007, 07:06:50 PM »

What is this? He who gets the last word in, wins. :o I don't get tired of posting, so... ::) There's only one King of the Road! That's why it's called a ROAD KING!!! ;) Hoist! 8-)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #112 on: January 23, 2007, 07:21:50 PM »

Great quote [smiley=coolblue.gif] UC all the way!

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #113 on: January 23, 2007, 07:24:34 PM »

What is this? He who gets the last word in, wins. :o I don't get tired of posting, so... ::) There's only one King of the Road! That's why it's called a ROAD KING!!! ;) Hoist! 8-)
Hoist I think you are king of the road with that small luggage rack. I have a spare leather UC tour pack if you would like to be a bigger king? ;D

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #114 on: January 23, 2007, 07:32:20 PM »

Hoist I think you are king of the road with that small luggage rack. I have a spare leather UC tour pack if you would like to be a bigger king? ;D

Thanks SC, I put a KTP on my RK in '95. Before detachables. My large SAC sissy bar bag holds more than a KTP, so I put on a rack and started using the bag for trips. I'd take off the bag, and be left only with the rack. I've grown to love travelling this way. Now with these detachables, I can remove the rack too! So, I have no need for a TP on an RK. But thanks for the offer. And remember to put the top down when it's nice out! ;D ;D ;D Hoist! 8-)

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #115 on: January 23, 2007, 07:39:09 PM »

The UC and EG ride the same. I did buy an EG in '98, and I did go back to the RK! No matter what anyone says, only Cobaltman will know which one he likes better. I swear by RK's and the '07 SERK is the Ultimate Road King!!! They nailed this bike, and can't see myself on any other Touring Bike. [highlight]One guy said it here best and I agree[/highlight]. [highlight]If you want a 2-wheeled convertible, buy a UC. If you want a touring motorcycle, buy a Road King! Nothing more I can say. [/highlight]it's a personal decision! ;) Hoist! 8-)

[smiley=confused5.gif]With the exception of the Tour-Pak (bag) & batwing fairing, the bikes' are virtually the same...."Baggers".

Since when did the MoCo install a retractable vinyl top in the tour-pak [smiley=confused5.gif]

It's kind of funny seeing a bagger guy rip on another ''Bagger''.

I once had a real cool dude drive past me on a ''custom softail" and yelled out ''Hey Bagger Boy'' w/a sh!t eatin' grin as he revved up his cool drag pipes....At the next stop sign I asked him if he wanted to run the ''Bagger Boy''....he said sure if you want to try. Needless to say I absolutely smoked his ass! I don't think he'll ever look down on a bagger again.

So I hope everyone enjoys their rides, if it puts a smile on your face that's what it's all about.

Ride Hard or Hardly Ride [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Take care, :) ;)

Grover
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 07:42:39 PM by GROVER »

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #116 on: January 23, 2007, 07:45:44 PM »

[highlight]There are only two categories of Harley riders; those that own a glide and those that don't own one... yet! [/highlight]

Added: those that have had a Glide in one form or another, and went on to something else for their own reasons. [smiley=soapbox.gif] That's why there are so many choices.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #117 on: January 23, 2007, 07:50:22 PM »

Thanks SC, I put a KTP on my RK in '95. Before detachables. My large SAC sissy bar bag holds more than a KTP, so I put on a rack and started using the bag for trips. I'd take off the bag, and be left only with the rack. I've grown to love travelling this way. Now with these detachables, I can remove the rack too! So, I have no need for a TP on an RK. But thanks for the offer. And remember to put the top down when it's nice out! ;D ;D ;D Hoist! 8-)
What would we do without detachables? I am making mine detachable as well.As far as putting top down Mine don't work I guess[smiley=beatdeadhorse.gif] When it rains If I put my face up against 6" clearview bitch and drive with one eye and I just get a couple of sprinkles. Got love that batwing :oMy first thought when I seen that small rack of yours I could strap down a deer on that thing ;D

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #118 on: January 23, 2007, 08:03:29 PM »

What would we do without detachables? I am making mine detachable as well.As far as putting top down Mine don't work I guess[smiley=beatdeadhorse.gif] When it rains If I put my face up against 6" clearview bitch and drive with one eye and I just get a couple of sprinkles. Got love that batwing :oMy first thought when I seen that small rack of yours I could strap down a deer on that thing ;D

Or a dead horse! ::) Hoist! 8-)

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #119 on: January 23, 2007, 08:15:05 PM »

Cobaltman,
I commend you for standing on your principles.  :)  I hope you're able to locate your ride, there aren't going to be too many of them left [highlight]before they stop manufacturing them for this model year [/highlight]and start re-tooling for '08's.  If they follow their two-year modus operendi, 07 is the last CVO Ultra year until it comes back around in the rotation (approx 4 years by my guessing), by then it could be a water-cooled 1800cc V-Rod Ultra Classic.  At least if you don't get a SERK this year, it should be back for it's second year in '08.   Good luck.
Cheer [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif],
Red
Red, don't know exactly how the moco plans things but when I started looking to for a possible trade of my '06 cuse for an '07 several dealers told me that the moco pushed out quite a few '06 cuse's even after the '07s were introduced.  So they said they had unsold '06s and weren't interested in a trade.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  All

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 21 queries.