Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10  All

Author Topic: Having Second thoughts.. SEUltra or  SERK  (Read 13734 times)

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Having Second thoughts.. SEUltra or  SERK
« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2007, 08:33:59 PM »

Silver-black,
   I still don't understand where your stage name comes from [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=nixweiss.gif].

Care to shed some light??????

I love that pile of scoot's.  You may be one of the twisteder members on this site..........keep up the good work.

_Beags
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2007, 08:40:44 PM »

Wait till 08 my money is on the MOTO will have a SEROADGLIDE what you think?????

Skippy

That would look good in your stable.
You gotta be getting lonely not having that street glide!

I'm still looking for an 03 Classic for Nancy and if that don't happen we are hoping for a
08 S/E Street Glide for her. You know the drill,,, 131" motor with a small rear tire!
A woman can never have too much horsepower!

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #122 on: January 23, 2007, 08:44:40 PM »

Silver-black,
   I still don't understand where your stage name comes from [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=nixweiss.gif].

Care to shed some light??????

I love that pile of scoot's.  You may be one of the twisteder members on this site..........keep up the good work.

_Beags

All I know about you is what you post and what Brian has told me.
Really glad you didn't sell the bike and do enjoy your humor!

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 08:57:50 PM by Silver-Black »

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

RATKING

• Enjoy the Ride; Get Back Safe!
« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2007, 09:06:00 PM »

I agree with Hoist on this one.  My Harley lineage dates back to the old Pans and Shovels.  I still have a couple of these old guys.  Love 'em.  At that time, a fully dressed out FLH is equivalent to todays Road King.  The old FLH's were called the Kings of the Road.  It had the storage ability of sidebags and tour paks (if youwanted it), as well an easily removable fairing.  In the old days, even the Batwing fairing was easily removed, as simply as the Road King fairing of today.  To me, the beauty of a Harley is the engine, not only the way it looks, but the way it sounds.  The bikes were much simpler then.  I like a clean looking motorcyle (key is motor) with nice clean lines and lots of visible motor.  That is what makes a harley in my mind.  With the Road King, you can have that clean look.  If you want to add a shield for a trip, go ahead, slip it on, its detachable.  Personally I like the wind in my face and hair.  I want to enjoy the biking experience.  Sitting in a plastic cacoon doesn't do it for me.  I do not want to be hidden by a lot of peripheral BS'ng plastic.  The key is clean lines, emphasis on motor.  By the way, is there really anything on the radio that sounds better than a Harley anyway.  Listen to the motor, that is where it is at.  Attached is a picture of my 1981 Heritage.  I like the old chit, although I am enjoying my Screaming Eagles, 2003 SERK and 2005 SEFB.

ido911s

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2007, 09:25:32 PM »

Here's a topic with no real answer. Who is better Mantle or Mays?...Did I date myself with that one? They're both great of course. I personally could never go back to a bike without the Stereo and Nav, cell phone, heated seat, heated grips, XM radio...Yes, I am getting old and like the longer rides rather than bar hopping. Once you have all of these items and realize you really don't need to impress the other riders at your local watering hole you'll appreciate the bigger bikes. Could one of you younger members help an old fella down from his soap box??? [smiley=soapbox.gif]

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #125 on: January 23, 2007, 09:32:45 PM »

Well I s'pose you could do what I do. I have the Ultimate Screamin Eagle Road King in Elvis and the Ultimate non Screamin Eagle Road Glide in Los Dragon.

Chip and Hogasm taught me this one

If one is good, two are better and three is orgasmic  8-)

Since Beagle's got the classiest SEEG in the known universe and we share everything but wives and toilet paper, it's like we've both got three bikes anyway. Four actually when you toss in Hank's.

B B
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 09:34:41 PM by SPIDERMAN »

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #126 on: January 23, 2007, 09:35:42 PM »

Here's a topic with no real answer. Who is better Mantle or Mays?...Did I date myself with that one? They're both great of course.

Actually I thought Mantle and Mays were great but I think Roberto Clemente was the best all around ball player I ever saw ....

Dude
" Why Johnny Ringo ...you look like somone just ..walked across your grave"

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #127 on: January 23, 2007, 09:39:37 PM »

Actually I thought Mantle and Mays were great but I think Roberto Clemente was the best all around ball player I ever saw ....

Dude

Teddy Ballgame fellas, hands down the best ever. Let's not even waste posts arguing about it cause there just ain't no argument can be made.

B B

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #128 on: January 23, 2007, 09:44:30 PM »

Red, don't know exactly how the moco plans things but when I started looking to for a possible trade of my '06 cuse for an '07 several dealers told me that the moco pushed out quite a few '06 cuse's even after the '07s were introduced.  So they said they had unsold '06s and weren't interested in a trade.
You're not the first person I've heard that from.  I've heard that there were some dealers that still had new 06 SEUC's available...don't know where, but I seem to remember I read some one in the forum mentioned that.  My dealer told me that's not uncommon when a new engine is introduced.  Supposedly that happened to the EVO when the TC88 was first introduced.  Personally, I think it's so the dealership can offer you less in trade...I guess that's why dealers around here are offerning up to $2000 off MSRP for their leftover 06's
Cheers [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif],
Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2007, 09:54:50 PM »

The UC and EG ride the same. I did buy an EG in '98, and I did go back to the RK! No matter what anyone says, only Cobaltman will know which one he likes better. I swear by RK's and the '07 SERK is the Ultimate Road King!!! They nailed this bike, and can't see myself on any other Touring Bike. One guy said it here best and I agree. If you want a 2-wheeled convertible, buy a UC. If you want a touring motorcycle, buy a Road King! Nothing more I can say. it's a personal decision! ;) Hoist! 8-)
There's definitely nothing wrong with an RK, they are sweet looking rides.  It all boils down to taste and personal preference...The Ultra's no better than the King if your a King rider and vice versa, we ride what we ride cuz it fits our wants and desires.   Makes no never mind to me, I'll ride with anyone no matter what you ride, as long as you want to share the experience of riding two wheels in the wind.  :D
Red

2012 FLHXSE3

RATKING

• Enjoy the Ride; Get Back Safe!
« Reply #130 on: January 23, 2007, 11:25:41 PM »

[smiley=soapbox.gif]   Just realized that the picture did not show up, I am trying again.  This is of my 1981 Heritage, the first in the Heritage line.  Farley

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #131 on: January 24, 2007, 08:10:31 AM »

'
If you want a convertable on two wheels go with the Ultra .... if you want a motorcycle then go with the SERK ...JMHO

Bama

That's a strange comment coming from a man with a Ultra as his avatar!
But,, truth is stranger than fiction!

[smiley=nixweiss.gif]

« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 08:11:24 AM by Silver-Black »

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #132 on: January 24, 2007, 08:20:33 AM »

'
If you want a convertable on two wheels go with the Ultra .... if you want a motorcycle then go with the SERK ...JMHO

Bama
I think I have a warranty claim with the MoCo, my SEUC didn't come with the "rag-top", and if I've got a convertable on two wheels I want the rag-top for when it rains.  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] Where the heck is the rag-top stowed anyway?  In the Tour Pak?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Red

2012 FLHXSE3

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #133 on: January 24, 2007, 10:35:52 AM »

Yes RedDevil, on the 2007 Ultras that is why you have the loose looking leather TourPak. it's cleverly concealed in it. You just yank real hard on the pack leather and it stretches over you and you attach it to the windscreen! With the optional chrome harware available for $100 at your dealer.  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #134 on: January 24, 2007, 10:39:48 AM »

Yes RedDevil, on the 2007 Ultras that is why you have the loose looking leather TourPak. it's cleverly concealed in it. You just yank real hard on the pack leather and it stretches over you and you attach it to the windscreen! With the optional chrome harware available for $100 at your dealer.  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Yeah, I think You gotta push the Automatic trunk opener button on your dashboard 3 times, twirl in a circle, hop on 1 leg for 30 seconds, and push the button again! ;D ;D ;D Hoist! 8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 21 queries.