Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Hoist's SERK Maiden Voyage  (Read 16839 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Hoist's SERK Maiden Voyage
« on: January 21, 2007, 06:03:16 PM »

Well gang, I'll tell you this. IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT!!!!!

Power: For the frst 50 miles, I only had a 500 RPM range (2000-2500 RPM). There's just over 80 miles on it now, and I've been keeping it (up&down, up&down) between 2000 and 3000 RPM. The bike is much quicker and nimble with the bone stock set-up than any new HD I've ever owned. I can tell however, that you definitely need to let this thing breathe! My 89" Pro Street and '85 80" Hot-rodded FXWG will blow this thing away in stock form. But it might at least be a contest. Not like my stock '03 88" RK, which can't get out of its own way.

Handling: If HD doesn't set up every Touring Bike like this from here on in, we're getting robbed!!! The bike handles fantastic. I only have about 80 miles on it now. Too cold to get the tires good and heated and the radials take a little more break-in. With all that, you can throw this thing around like a toy! I thought I was riding the Pro Street. It feels so light and well balanced, it's like it's on Auto-pilot.

Heat: What heat! It never got out of the 20's so heat was not an issue. I was actually hoping I'd feel more of it at times. Brrr! But you can tell this thing needs to be set up properly. In the cold weather, you hear decel popping, even bone stock. Like when you added a performance exhaust and didn't rejet you carb. The mufflers are so quiet, you can barely hear it, but I know that sound! The mufflers are better than any stock HD's in recent years, but they gotta go!

Hydraulic clutch: No I didn't stall it. It's actually perfect. I keep my other bikes engagement right off the handlebars anyway. Better for quick launches. So, I like the hydraulic clutch so far! OK, you guys were right about that too!

Overall: THIS BIKE IS THE REAL DEAL. THE TOTAL PACKAGE. THE CAT'S ASS. DA BOMB. ETC! I see now why d00d thinks I won't be able to leave it alone for two years. I'm gonna need more restraint than my previous RK's, to leave it alone! The clunking is overrated. Barely noticable, but you definitely know its there. If I didn't join this site, I might have been surprised with some of the differences and noises. But you guys were right on the money with what to expect. The seating position is perfect for me. So is the new mid-low full-sized windshield I put on. Man it's like HD nailed the set-up, with some additional assistance from me, and built this bike just for me!!! Yeah, try and convince me to get a UC. Ha, Ha, Ha!!! You think Hoist is happy with this bike? ::)

Thanks for everyone's input and assistance. It certainly made knowing what to do and expect much easier. Now it's here. And I love it!!!

The following pics are from today. Enjoy them! ;) Hoist! 8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Hoist's SERK Maiden Voyage
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 06:04:24 PM »

At the dealer before getting ready to ride it for the first time.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 06:05:04 PM by Hoist »

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 06:06:11 PM »

Getting ready to ride it!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 06:06:45 PM »

Another pre-launch shot!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 06:07:20 PM »

Another

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 06:08:01 PM »

Bike at home, only 14 miles on it.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 06:08:24 PM »

Another

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 06:09:23 PM »

That's great news man.  Glad it was everything you'd hoped it would be.  Even better is next you even get to make it just a little bit more.  Great read of a great post.  Congrats all over again Howie.

Hey, that windshield looks perfect on there too!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 06:10:50 PM by twolanerider »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2007, 06:10:06 PM »

Another (if you didn't notice, I'm going around the bike)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007, 06:11:50 PM »

Rear end! (how do you like the custom plate. I've had it for years!)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2007, 06:12:24 PM »

One more

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2007, 06:13:02 PM »

Almost around

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2007, 06:13:49 PM »

Last of the 360 deg views!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2007, 06:15:01 PM »

Always room for another pony in the stable. Creative garage rearranging!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2007, 06:15:32 PM »

One more

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 21 queries.