Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Hoist's SERK Maiden Voyage  (Read 16840 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Hoist's SERK Maiden Voyage
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2007, 06:17:33 PM »

Last shot. I hope you enjoyed them I'm happier than a pig in chit! Just gotta thaw out now. I was so psyched to ride it, I didn't bother with the heatd gloves. No patience to figure out what to do with all those stupid wires!!! Later. ;) Hoist! 8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2007, 06:19:03 PM »

That's great news man.  Glad it was everything you'd hoped it would be.  Even better is next you even get to make it just a little bit more.  Great read of a great post.  Congrats all over again Howie.

[highlight]Hey, that windshield looks perfect on there too[/highlight]!

Thank you very much Don! and yes, that windshield is perfect for me! ;) Hoist! 8-)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HarleyBee103

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTK
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2007, 06:24:01 PM »

Congrats Howie, looks absolutely great.  Also good to hear your weather was nice enough to ride her home.
Nelson, BC (2007)
Sedona, AR (2008)
Hood River, OR (2009)

hogasm

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2007, 06:26:42 PM »

I guess all that furniture that was in your garage had to find a new home [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Looks like you might need an addition to the garage. They look cozy in there.

After the first ride, you still think the 2 year warranty is going to stay intact ;)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2007, 06:34:01 PM »

Congrats Howie, looks absolutely great.  Also good to hear your weather was nice enough to ride her home.

Thanks HB, was it cold today? I didn't notice until after about 3 hours. I'd run the bike 5 or 10 miles and shut it down and let it cool off. I did that all afternoon.The last stint was after breaking 50 miles. Then I took on about a 25 mile run amd brougt it up to 3 grand! That last leg was cold! Most of the day I didn't notice though! ;) Hoist! 8-)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2007, 06:37:53 PM »

I guess all that furniture that was in your garage had to find a new home [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Looks like you might need an addition to the garage. They look cozy in there.

[highlight]After the first ride, you still think the 2 year warranty is going to stay intact[/highlight] ;)

I'll be in better shape when I sell my '03RK! Three bikes fit fine. Four's a stretch. The furniture's outside and stays there. I just bring the cushions in. in winter. I gotta tell you, it probably will be tough to maintain that 2 Year Warranty. But I'm determined to do so! If I can hold off on the cams for 2 years, I'll be fine! ::) Hoist! 8-)

TimBone

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2007, 06:38:24 PM »

Howie,
That bike looks great in your pics and I love the look of the Road Kings.  I just traded in my 04 Road King Classic for the 07 SE Ultra and that baby took me to Canada and back around the southern states to South Carolina.  My buddies said the Ultra was for "older fellas" and I told them the Ultra is the Caddy of HD with all the creature comforts, so I know the 07 SE Ultra should probably take me to the moon and back. And heck I am only 35 years old, I figure when I go on 5K mile plus trips, TimBone is gonna be comfy.
There looks like room for an Ultra in that garage, so no need to give up the Road King!!!
Have Fun with it.
TimBone
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 06:39:39 PM by tigertr71 »

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2007, 06:41:39 PM »

Rear end! (how do you like the custom plate. I've had it for years!)

Lookin' good my man [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  I leave for a couple hours and wham 2 pages of pics.

And we thought your post rate would drop when you got the new SERK on the road.  NOT!

Oh, for the slower members, I thought I'd help them out on your license plate too. ::)  Funny all but the T inverts.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 06:44:49 PM by Rjob749 »

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2007, 06:44:38 PM »

Howie,
Glad to see your baby made it home.  Great looking ride.  Do those moustache engine guards come standard on the SERK?  They look really nice on that ride.  

Ride safe.
Cheers [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif],
Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2007, 06:45:13 PM »

Howie,
That bike looks great in your pics and I love the look of the Road Kings.  I just traded in my 04 Road King Classic for the 07 SE Ultra and that baby took me to Canada and back around the southern states to South Carolina.  My buddies said the Ultra was for "older fellas" and I told them the Ultra is the Caddy of HD with all the creature comforts, so I know the 07 SE Ultra should probably take me to the moon and back. And heck I am only 35 years old, I figure when I go on 5K mile plus trips, TimBone is gonna be comfy.
There looks like room for an Ultra in that garage, so no need to give up the Road King!!!
Have Fun with it.
TimBone

Thanks TimBone. I hear ya on the UC. I'm a RK guy. Have been since '95. I had an EG in '98. Got rid of it and got another RK 2 months later. Liked the radio though! Don't miss it enough to get another fairing bike! 10K trips in 3 weeks are no problem at all for me on the RK (and I'm much older than you!). And this SERK is the ultimate RK! ;) Hoist! 8-)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2007, 06:46:54 PM »

Lookin' good my man [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  I leave for a couple hours and wham 2 pages of pics.

And we thought your post rate would drop when you got the new SERK on the road.  NOT!

Oh, for the slower members, I thought I'd help them out on your license plate too. ::)  Funny all but the T inverts.

Way to go Rog. You know people always ask me what it's short for. No one thinks to read it backwards. Like naitram! ;) Hoist! 8-)

Bagger

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2007, 06:49:05 PM »

Great looking scooter there, Howie.  I never noticed the way the tail light was done until you sent these pics.  I'm lovin' it.  Thanks for sharing.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2007, 06:49:17 PM »

Howie,
Glad to see your baby made it home.  Great looking ride.  Do those moustache engine guards come standard on the SERK?  They look really nice on that ride.  

Ride safe.
Cheers [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif],
Red

Thanks Red, yes that is the standard engine guard for this bike. They also match the highway pads on it to the Ironside Collection on the '07 SERK. ;) Hoist! 8-)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2007, 06:52:27 PM »

Great looking scooter there, Howie.  I never noticed the way the tail light was done until you sent these pics.  I'm lovin' it.  Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Henry. My dealer didn't want to mess the bike up with dealer logos. So he put a small round NYCHD metal label on the tail light. I've left it there for now. But I'll probably remove it. They were supposed to remove the reflectors but forgot to do so. Those have got to go too! ;) Hoist! 8-)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2007, 06:58:51 PM »

Thanks Henry. My dealer didn't want to mess the bike up with dealer logos. So he put a small round NYCHD metal label on the tail light. I've left it there for now. But I'll probably remove it. They were supposed to remove the reflectors but forgot to do so. Those have got to go too! ;) Hoist! 8-)
Howie,
Odd place to put the dealer button.  Normally they put them on the top of the handle bars in the center or the dipstick top.  Never seen it on the tail light before.  Different location.... :-?
cheers  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif],
Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 21 queries.