Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Author Topic: Hoist's SERK Maiden Voyage  (Read 16836 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: Hoist's SERK Maiden Voyage
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2007, 08:26:13 PM »

[highlight]I know you meant me, B B.[/highlight] Thanks man. Coming from you, that means a lot. That's HD's 2-up luggage rack. It's my answer to the TP. I just got the bike home from picking it up. It came off immediately after. It holds the largest SAC sissy bar bag they make. We have room for 3 weeks on the road. It's only for trips. And because of that, you can save a saddlebag for the beer! ;) Hoist! 8-)

Howie,
          Sorry Dude, I got off on the Bert and Ernie trip when you two had your little love-in the other night. Sheesh  ;D ;D ;D

B B

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2007, 08:34:10 AM »

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

jclark3603

• 07 Black Ice Road King
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2007, 10:33:49 AM »

[smiley=orange.gif]
Hoist it has been great following your adventure I have the exact same bike comming - It was supposed to be in this week but hasnt shown up yet - I have been soaking up every last bit of info from you guys and any problems that you have incountered - Of course I dirve my dealer crazy checking to see if they are encountering any of the problems I read about - LOL Its been great following your adventure

Bagger

« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2007, 10:39:25 AM »

Howie,
          Sorry Dude, I got off on the Bert and Ernie trip when you two had your little love-in the other night. Sheesh  ;D ;D ;D

B B

Whatsa matta SPIDERMAN?  You just a little upset because the focus is on Hoist's scoot, thus knocking you out of the limelight?  Too bad, Brother.  But if it makes you feel better, you have a nice set of scoots as well.  There, you feel better now?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2007, 12:06:54 PM »

[smiley=orange.gif]
Hoist it has been great following your adventure I have the exact same bike comming - It was supposed to be in this week but hasnt shown up yet - I have been soaking up every last bit of info from you guys and any problems that you have incountered - Of course I dirve my dealer crazy checking to see if they are encountering any of the problems I read about - LOL Its been great following your adventure

Hey JC welcome aboard! I glad my escapades are able to help you understand what we face with these new bikes. i spent 2-1/2 months here, learning what I know now about these new SE bikes. You're gonna love this place too! ;) Hoist! 8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2007, 12:56:22 PM »

Hoist,

Thought you might be posting some more pics by now.  Don't let these guys give you a hard time... ;D Post away my man.  We need to see some more shots of that baby.

Have you put anymore of your "stuff" on it yet, i.e. true-track, etc.?
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2007, 01:08:12 PM »

Hoist,

Thought you might be posting some more pics by now.  Don't let these guys give you a hard time... ;D Post away my man.  We need to see some more shots of that baby.

Have you put anymore of your "stuff" on it yet, i.e. true-track, etc.?

Hey John, I'm not easily intimidated and have not become post-shy! [smiley=nixweiss.gif] I take it as good-natured ribbing, not malicious anyway. It's been a frozen tundra here after I got the bike. Yesterday was 10 deg F. My friend's shop was closed last week, as they were in Vegas at PC training. I'm hoping it's nice enough to bring it in next week. When I do, you know there'll be a new thread showing all the mods. Next week is Doherty PP with S&S Teardrop Cover, S&S SPO's, PC w/ O2 elims, True-Track, SS Fuel lines w/ chrome tank hardware (look d00d, chrome!) and my Chromedome sculpted eagle polished alum (sorry d00d, not chrome) horn cover.

Hopefully next week will be another good one in the life of Hoist's SERK! ;) Hoist! 8-)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2007, 08:59:19 PM »

just talked to the tech at my dealer today,, asking him about the differences  between the PC111, and the sert.  he recommended that before I go to Daytona, that I have the PC installed.  he figures all the stop & go traffic I'll hit down there,will not be good for the bike with such low miles on it.  he prefers the PC over the sert,  specially the way I ride.  

SO, it goes in Monday to get dynoed. then the PC installed and redynoed and set up. he says the PC is just as good as the sert at way less cost.  his word is good for me, they have always treated me right. hope the weather changes soon. its freaking cold. [smiley=coolblue.gif] [smiley=coolblue.gif] [smiley=coolblue.gif] [smiley=coolblue.gif]

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2007, 10:17:22 PM »

has anyone seen that the breakin RPM is up to 5000 on the SERK 07, My 05 deuce book said 3000 for the first 500 miles. Why the change in RPM  Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2007, 01:19:25 AM »

just talked to the tech at my dealer today,, asking him about the differences  between the PC111, and the sert.  he recommended that before I go to Daytona, that I have the PC installed.  he figures all the stop & go traffic I'll hit down there,will not be good for the bike with such low miles on it.  he prefers the PC over the sert,  specially the way I ride.  

SO, it goes in Monday to get dynoed. then the PC installed and redynoed and set up. he says the PC is just as good as the sert at way less cost.  his word is good for me, they have always treated me right. hope the weather changes soon. its freaking cold. [smiley=coolblue.gif] [smiley=coolblue.gif] [smiley=coolblue.gif] [smiley=coolblue.gif]

How many miles you got on now Dennis? I'm putting my PC on next week also. I'm only gonna Dyno to 4K RPM with only 70 miles on it. Did you do any exhaust yet? I'd be curious to compare maps after they're both Dyno'd. Hoist! 8-)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2007, 01:24:38 AM »

has anyone seen that the breakin RPM is up to 5000 on the SERK 07, My 05 deuce book said 3000 for the first 500 miles. Why the change in RPM  Billy

Not sure on that Blly, but I wont bring it past 2500 RPM first 50 mi., 3000 gradually to 4000 until 500 mi., then gradually to 5000 to 1000 mi. Then 1K mile  service and WOT Dyno-tune. Look out! ;) Hoist! 8-)

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2007, 03:56:15 AM »

Morning jclarck3603 !

Welcome on this site from the other border : FRANCE. :)
It'll be nice for the other members if you presente you in the thread "New Members Introduction" [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
When you receive your bike, do'nt hesitate to finish your presentation with a pic. ;)
Best regards
Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2007, 11:51:05 AM »

Hoist,
put some mufflers on after 14 miles.  got them new on ebay for $100 w/ship included.
they are called Max performance.  basically stock touring mufflers that have been proffesionaly hollowed out and had baffles reset in 3 different grades. I'm using the Max 3's.  Love em. sound great. used the Max 2's on the RK I traded in. Those also sounded good.
have 277 miles on right now. Guess I'll have to wait till Daytona to truely test everything. [smiley=apple.gif]

Red Knights NY21 - PGR

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2007, 11:55:02 AM »

Hoist,
put some mufflers on after 14 miles.  got them new on ebay for $100 w/ship included.
they are called Max performance.  basically stock touring mufflers that have been proffesionaly hollowed out and had baffles reset in 3 different grades. I'm using the Max 3's.  Love em. sound great. used the Max 2's on the RK I traded in. Those also sounded good.
have 277 miles on right now. Guess I'll have to wait till Daytona to truely test everything. [smiley=apple.gif]

Cool Dennis, let's compare tuning then, since I'm only doing mufflers right now also. They should come close to each other. Can't wait to get those SPO's on already! It's already 40 today. I might catch your mileage by the end of the day! ;) Hoist! 8-)

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2007, 02:01:33 PM »

we just got a few inches of snow here and the roads are white with salt.I won't be doing any riding soon. temps are in 20's(low).

have a good ride. [smiley=apple.gif]

Red Knights NY21 - PGR
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Page created in 0.336 seconds with 25 queries.