Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Any feedback on rekluse 'auto' clutch?  (Read 11235 times)

resqdoc

• Full CVO Member
  • de oppresso libre
    • MT

Re: Any feedback on rekluse 'auto' clutch?
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2016, 09:59:50 PM »

I run one on my KTM 690. It's a great idea and well executed. There are always some concerns and "mis-information" about them.

Problem 2: Not a problem. There is a slave cylinder where clutch engagement is adjusted. Bottom out the adjustment and you're back to a normal clutch. I ride my KTM on extended trips in the middle of nowhere, being able to roll start is a BIG deal to me.

Folks also think they'll lose engine braking, not true. Since the RPM's are up when you downshift engine braking is the same as always.

As far as keeping the bike upright when chugging along at stop lights in town. Engagement is SO SMOOTH (and adjustable) that it's better than most riders. I've been riding for decades, I would swear I am a master of feathering the clutch. I find in rough, steep, loose, rocky terrain the Rekluse is definitely better than I am.

I have not found a downside on that bike.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 06:32:36 PM by resqdoc »
2007 FLHRSE3 with D&D Fatcats, SERT, AK-40 & Bitubo 330 mm, Glide-Pro, Clearview windscreen

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2016, 08:54:00 PM »

Why not go all the way automatic? I think Yamaha sells a fully automatic trans bike.

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2016, 11:40:01 PM »

I run one on my KTM 690.There is a slave cylinder where clutch engagement is adjusted. Bottom out the adjustment and you're back to a normal clutch
That would be nice.  Does the Rekluse for HD CVOs have that same adjustment, since CVOs already have a hydraulic clutch system?
If you want peace, prepare for war.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2016, 06:57:39 AM »

Why not go all the way automatic? I think Yamaha sells a fully automatic trans bike.

i want to shift when i want to shift, not when the bike thinks i should shift.  and you can still use your clutch when you want to,  but when you're in stop and go traffic, you can save your forearm....
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2016, 05:47:29 PM »

I was being sarcastic, I don't mind shifting or see a need for this, just another waste of money to me.

Para Bellum

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2016, 05:53:36 AM »

I was being sarcastic, I don't mind shifting or see a need for this, just another waste of money to me.
If you don't have any injuries to your arm, I guess this could be called a waste of money.  OTOH, I have injuries to both arms from military service, and this may be the only way I can continue to ride if surgery isn't successful.  It also might apply to others in this thread.

Have you made any mods to your bike to make it suit you?

resqdoc

• Full CVO Member
  • de oppresso libre
    • MT

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2016, 04:12:20 PM »

That would be nice.  Does the Rekluse for HD CVOs have that same adjustment, since CVOs already have a hydraulic clutch system?

I can't say for the H-D. The KTM also starts life as a hydraulic clutch.
2007 FLHRSE3 with D&D Fatcats, SERT, AK-40 & Bitubo 330 mm, Glide-Pro, Clearview windscreen

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2016, 08:05:06 PM »

Just read this from beginning to this point.  The loss of any braking/stopping function when parked would be enough to keep me from trying this out.  You might think you can get by without that just fine; right up until the time you don't.

Think I have to agree with you there. It sounds really nice for the in town stuff but what about the first time you hit the twisties? There is a huge amount of engine braking that goes into the ride and without it I think it would be a short and scary ride
Most great stores start with a bad decision

Para Bellum

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2016, 09:22:02 PM »

Think I have to agree with you there. It sounds really nice for the in town stuff but what about the first time you hit the twisties? There is a huge amount of engine braking that goes into the ride and without it I think it would be a short and scary ride
2LR was talking about parking, not riding.  No connection there; the auto-clutch is not a factor in riding.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2016, 10:20:31 PM »

read resqdoc's post up above.  he has a pretty good summary of how it works.  and engine braking is not affected since when you're engine braking, your rpms are much higher than 1k rpm.  from what I've been able to glean from posters on this thread, and other places, is that other than when you're completely stopped, the auto clutch is virtually transparent.  you can ride just as you normally would and not really notice any difference.  until you come to a stop light and don't have to sit there with the clutch pulled in.

hey, there's one benefit I haven't seen mentioned, you can be sitting at a stop light or stop sign, basically in neutral, and if the car coming up behind you doesn't look like it's going to stop in time, you don't have to worry about shifting into first before you hammer it to get out of the way...... could save someone from getting rear ended  :2vrolijk_21:
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

msemersky

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2016, 12:51:43 PM »

Everything is totally normal when you are above 1000 RPM. Engine braking is the same and you still have to rev match shifts. It really comes in handy in any low speed stuff. It basically feathers the clutch perfectly at low RPM. I think you have to drive a bike with it to completely understand how it works. I love mine.

OakleyFreak

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Amber/Citrus
Rekluse EXP clutch (Auto Clutch) Who has it?
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2016, 04:39:40 PM »

Rekluse EXP clutch 
those that have installed it
Feedback needed please

Worth the extra $250.00

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2016, 06:19:54 PM »

:-\
I was not aware of this clutch mod.  My current issue of American Iron (issue #334),  has a full article describing the installation of this setup.

Regarding very low speed manuevering,  such as seen in videos where they slip the clutch and ride the brakes and make real tight turns around a series of traffic cones............does this setup enable one to more or less duplicate those tight turning drills. :nixweiss:

3mcam

• Junior CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: 2021 FLHTKSE Bronze Armor
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2016, 10:11:06 AM »

Just installed the Rekluse Auto Clutch EXP 3.0. This thing is Awesome. I LOVE IT. Very easy install. Love how this works.
just twist and go.

shoalsgary

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2016, 09:39:47 PM »

Just installed Rekluse on our 2016 Ultra trike. If I'd known about this, I would never have sold my 105th Road King and bought a Spyder. Now I need to put one on my Heritage with the Landing Gear kit. It kills my thumb reaching for the buttons while holding the clutch. Expensive, but worth every penny!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 20 queries.