Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: service in the military, local, or federal gov't  (Read 26872 times)

mtncop73

• Senior CVO Member
  • Without the wind in my face I woulda gone crazy
Re: service in the military, local, or federal gov
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2007, 11:15:52 AM »

That "thing" in your left hand..........haven't seen one of those in eons. 8)  I am getting old!  Oh, and the M151s behind you guys, WOW!  Those were the days.

You know Bagger, we got the CUCV (Chevy Blazers) while I was still in germany. What a piece of crap! It was then that I realized that the M151A2 was cold,loud, all over the road, uncomfortable, ugly, etc... BUT it climbed like a mountain goat and never left me stuck anywhere. I sure miss those days.
Rick

BTW, Whatever happened to all those old jeeps...did they get sold or passed on to the guard? Maybe just scrapped?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 11:17:26 AM by mtncop73 »
It's not how a man dies that makes him a hero, It's how he lives.

Bagger

« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2007, 09:50:44 PM »

You know Bagger, we got the CUCV (Chevy Blazers) while I was still in germany. What a piece of crap! It was then that I realized that the M151A2 was cold,loud, all over the road, uncomfortable, ugly, etc... BUT it climbed like a mountain goat and never left me stuck anywhere. I sure miss those days.
Rick

BTW, Whatever happened to all those old jeeps...did they get sold or passed on to the guard? Maybe just scrapped?

I remember those CUCVs........and the M880s (Dodge Rams)..........but those jeeps rock.  I'm pretty sure if you roam a DRMO yard, you'll find a few.  DRMO bids lot sales tho', so if you want one........you gotta buy a lot........by sealed bid.  There were some on Ft. Campbell a few years back.  They're out there; most of them are in DRMO yards.  I'd love to have one to restore.  When I was in 2/11 ACR in Bad Kissingen (84-86), we had the border mission.  Always loved doing border patrol in a jeep.  That was a treat compared to squad and platoon foot patrols.  I really do miss my CAV days..........EAGLEHORSE!

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
Re: service in the military, local, or federal gov't
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2007, 10:00:20 PM »

United States Navy - 4 years including the first Gulf War - Desert Storm / Desert Sheild and the first Somalia adventure. Met a lot of great guys. Just got setup with the VA hospital yesterday along with my girfiends father (WWII Vet) and wanted to say thanks to Coolbreeze and any others that volunteer or work with the Vets at the VA or the DAV- its a great way to still serve your country if your interested, especially with the new guys coming home now that are gonna need a hand and a lil love.
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)

mtncop73

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2007, 08:19:14 PM »

I remember those CUCVs........and the M880s (Dodge Rams)..........but those jeeps rock.  I'm pretty sure if you roam a DRMO yard, you'll find a few.  DRMO bids lot sales tho', so if you want one........you gotta buy a lot........by sealed bid.  There were some on Ft. Campbell a few years back.  They're out there; most of them are in DRMO yards.  I'd love to have one to restore.  When I was in 2/11 ACR in Bad Kissingen (84-86), we had the border mission.  Always loved doing border patrol in a jeep.  That was a treat compared to squad and platoon foot patrols.  I really do miss my CAV days..........EAGLEHORSE!

The M880's bring back memories...what about the Gamma-Goats. Six wheels, six drive shafts and and a D.D. 671 pushin it...sounds like 666 to me. We actually tried to float one like they say you can...It was my first experiance as a submariner. :o

Bagger

« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2007, 09:29:18 PM »

The M880's bring back memories...what about the Gamma-Goats. Six wheels, six drive shafts and and a D.D. 671 pushin it...sounds like 666 to me. We actually tried to float one like they say you can...It was my first experiance as a submariner. :o

Gamma Goat........ :huepfenjump3:GAWD!  I am old.  I have vivid memories of a 1985 trip to Graf......rolling down the autobahn driving a deuce and a half behind a commo goat.........left center wheel came off........bounced across the median and collided with Johnny Rad's 1970 VW K70.  The goat survived, but was broke roadside for a day.  What about GOERs?  And then there is my all time favorite, the old M548.  What an awsome vehicle.  It was like having an off-road pickup truck with tracks.  Do you remember the transistion from C-rats to MREs?  Fatigues to BDUs?  Steel pot to Kevlar?  Guard mount?  Flankin' the motor pool with live ammo?  The introduction of the M923 series trucks with that awesome powerhouse of a motor known as a Cummins Turbo Diesel?  What about nicely asking your old lady to fix breakfast for you while you are at PT............and she gives you 50 cents and tells you to grab some breakfast in the chow hall?  Do you remember being able to have a beer with your lunch?  Maxing out your DPP when the PX got a new gadget?  Were you ever concerned about Jody when you went to the field?  The advent of drug testing.......and your buddy just couldn't resist the hashish so readily available in Frankfurt..........and ended up pissing hot and getting chaptered?  Mickey Mouse boots?  MOPP Gear?  The M17 mask?  CTT?  SQT?  Shakey Jake cutting your hair?  Mail call?  Fart sack?  Having a case of the ass?  Birth control glasses?  SHOTS :nervous:?  Going to the range?  The gas chamber?  Clearing and trying to get those spots off your canteen cup just so you could get your TA-50 turned in and clear CIF?  Short timer?  Tanker boots?  Finally getting back to the "world?"  Man I could on and on and on.  I had a wonderful career, and I still love my United States Army.  Wouldn't trade it for the world, and if I could..........I'd do it all over again.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2007, 06:02:11 AM »

Former Marine here ('75 - '78),
and currently Firefighter/EMT (24 years in July).

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Whats happening ROOKIE!!!!!!lol Sorry DOOD I just had to do it!!!!! Be Safe My Brother

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

mtncop73

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2007, 10:56:14 AM »

Gamma Goat........ :huepfenjump3:GAWD!  I am old.  I have vivid memories of a 1985 trip to Graf......rolling down the autobahn driving a deuce and a half behind a commo goat.........left center wheel came off........bounced across the median and collided with Johnny Rad's 1970 VW K70.  The goat survived, but was broke roadside for a day.  What about GOERs?  And then there is my all time favorite, the old M548.  What an awsome vehicle.  It was like having an off-road pickup truck with tracks.  Do you remember the transistion from C-rats to MREs?  Fatigues to BDUs?  Steel pot to Kevlar?  Guard mount?  Flankin' the motor pool with live ammo?  The introduction of the M923 series trucks with that awesome powerhouse of a motor known as a Cummins Turbo Diesel?  What about nicely asking your old lady to fix breakfast for you while you are at PT............and she gives you 50 cents and tells you to grab some breakfast in the chow hall?  Do you remember being able to have a beer with your lunch?  Maxing out your DPP when the PX got a new gadget?  Were you ever concerned about Jody when you went to the field?  The advent of drug testing.......and your buddy just couldn't resist the hashish so readily available in Frankfurt..........and ended up pissing hot and getting chaptered?  Mickey Mouse boots?  MOPP Gear?  The M17 mask?  CTT?  SQT?  Shakey Jake cutting your hair?  Mail call?  Fart sack?  Having a case of the ass?  Birth control glasses?  SHOTS :nervous:?  Going to the range?  The gas chamber?  Clearing and trying to get those spots off your canteen cup just so you could get your TA-50 turned in and clear CIF?  Short timer?  Tanker boots?  Finally getting back to the "world?"  Man I could on and on and on.  I had a wonderful career, and I still love my United States Army.  Wouldn't trade it for the world, and if I could..........I'd do it all over again.

Talk about memories....I was so mad when they gave us Kevlar helmets,(How do you cook, shave, or sit on this thing? You CAN'T SOLDIER!!!) I actually got to the point that I bought a complete set of TA-50, so I never had to take my issue out of the bag. (CIF still said it was dirty??) Has
h was huge in Nurnberg. One of my buddies, Pete Kansey, got caught by CID downtown and swallowed 8 grams of Hash. It was so big they couldn't pump it from his stomach. (He was stoned for about 3 days, said he "saw God" and was never the same again) I also loved my time in the Army....I mad some of the best friends and had some of the greatest adventures.....my father, career military gave me one great truth about military service..."If you haven't been through it, you wouldn't understand.  ;)
Rick

Fla_Eagle

• My Harley Hot Rod
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2007, 04:37:49 PM »

Spent 41/2 years in USMC  1961-66. Back when the ships where wood and the men where iron!!
Regards,Fla Eagle

rbmntx

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2007, 06:19:05 PM »

Spent 41/2 years in USMC  1961-66. Back when the ships where wood and the men where iron!!

HOO-RAH!! Eagle 
some days you gets da bear, other days da bear gets you...

SixGun

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Life is too short to drink out-of-date beer"
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2007, 08:40:25 PM »

The reason we don't have more Marines is that they're too hard headed to believe that it's cheaper to buy a CVO than to upgrade from stock!!!!!

I work with a Marine everyday and we poke fun the whole time...Semper Fi
Unapologetically American!

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2007, 09:11:25 PM »

Former Marine

d00d, I thought it was "once a marine, always a marine" :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Tros

« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2007, 09:12:45 PM »

I retired from the USAF in 1994.  My last two tours were back to back in Germany.  :drink:  Man, it just doesn't seem like it's been 13 years since we left Germany for the last time or almost 21 years since I first set foot there.  Time flys when yer havin' fun. :bananarock:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2007, 09:19:41 PM »

d00d, I thought it was "once a marine, always a marine" :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:
That's what they would have you believe. I'm happy to be former.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Bagger

« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2007, 09:18:30 AM »

Talk about memories....I was so mad when they gave us Kevlar helmets,(How do you cook, shave, or sit on this thing? You CAN'T SOLDIER!!!) I actually got to the point that I bought a complete set of TA-50, so I never had to take my issue out of the bag. (CIF still said it was dirty??) Has
h was huge in Nurnberg. One of my buddies, Pete Kansey, got caught by CID downtown and swallowed 8 grams of Hash. It was so big they couldn't pump it from his stomach. (He was stoned for about 3 days, said he "saw God" and was never the same again) I also loved my time in the Army....I mad some of the best friends and had some of the greatest adventures.....my father, career military gave me one great truth about military service..."If you haven't been through it, you wouldn't understand.  ;)
Rick

I had a basic training buddy with whom I was stationed in BK.  He used to live somewhere between Frankfurt and BK.  I say that in jest, because everytime the opportunity presented itself, he'd head to sin city for that bubble gum hash.........wrapped up in aluminum foil.  He got busted on a piss test, and was promptly returned to his native Oklahoma.......seeing as to how he pissed hot again on the retest.  STOOPID.  You're right tho'.  There aint no story telling gonna give anyone the full experience unless the audience has worn those muddy boots.  Wouldn't trade my memory bank for anything.  There aint NOTHIN' "former" about me.  Once a Soldier, always a Soldier!

mtncop73

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2007, 04:57:25 PM »

I had a basic training buddy with whom I was stationed in BK.  He used to live somewhere between Frankfurt and BK.  I say that in jest, because everytime the opportunity presented itself, he'd head to sin city for that bubble gum hash.........wrapped up in aluminum foil.  He got busted on a piss test, and was promptly returned to his native Oklahoma.......seeing as to how he pissed hot again on the retest.  STOOPID.  You're right tho'.  There aint no story telling gonna give anyone the full experience unless the audience has worn those muddy boots.  Wouldn't trade my memory bank for anything.  There aint NOTHIN' "former" about me.  Once a Soldier, always a Soldier!

Amen to that!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 24 queries.