Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: 2016 heated grips. . Don't like em at all. .  (Read 7901 times)

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
2016 heated grips. . Don't like em at all. .
« on: August 18, 2016, 12:14:12 AM »

Anyone change the heated grips on their ultra? I'm no fan of these at all.. . Both hands fall asleep easily. .  I have raised bars..  Had them in the past but never any issues.  I didn't see anything in the parts catalog that seems OK to use on our bikes. . Please let me know if anyone has changed them out.  I do want to keep the heated. . Thanks.  Stuart. 

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: 2016 heated grips. . Don't like em at all. .
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 01:24:57 AM »

Anyone change the heated grips on their ultra? I'm no fan of these at all.. . Both hands fall asleep easily. . I have raised bars..  Had them in the past but never any issues.  I didn't see anything in the parts catalog that seems OK to use on our bikes. . Please let me know if anyone has changed them out.  I do want to keep the heated. . Thanks.  Stuart.

Just my $.02 but....   ....   Why would you think the problem is your heated grips?   :confused5:   If you search, I don't think you'll find anyone who has complained of the Rushmore heated grips.  Raised bars, however, will certainly lead to hands falling asleep.  Any time you raise your hands above your heart (I don't have a heart) you risk losing circulation.  How high did you raise your bars?   :nixweiss:  Just something to consider, especially since that is what you changed. 

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 01:29:51 AM »

Hey Greg. . Only 12" not that high really. . I'm. Just thinking that hard rubber know by texture could be the problem. .  I have always changed to taller bars for many years. . I didn't have this issue before. . Thanks. 

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 01:36:50 AM »

Hey Greg. . Only 12" not that high really. . I'm. Just thinking that hard rubber know by texture could be the problem. .  I have always changed to taller bars for many years. . I didn't have this issue before. . Thanks.

Sure but we're all getting older.   :oops:   I just don't know of any other complaints about the grips.  Do you wear gloves?  Even when hot, I wear Mechanics' All Purpose Gloves for just a little padding and never have an issue.    :nixweiss:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 01:52:56 AM »

I actually swapped my heated grips on my 12 to the 16 grips. Just like Greg I always wear gloves and love the grip on them.
Alan

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 06:42:58 AM »

You guys wear full gloves.?..i don't wear them when I ride.  I was thinking about it tho. . They are very grippy. . I'm thinking that's my problem. . . There I go thinking again.  😩

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 12:14:17 PM »

You guys wear full gloves.?..i don't wear them when I ride.  I was thinking about it tho. . They are very grippy. . I'm thinking that's my problem. . . There I go thinking again.  😩

If you ever go down, the first thing that will hit the ground is your hands. I happen to like playing guitar. I don't ride around the block without my gloves.

Sawyer Brown

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2016, 01:15:42 PM »

The grips, in my opinion, are great. Don't use the heated feature much, but when I do it works. Not sure how the grips could be causing numbness in the hands, but then you ride without gloves which is TOTALLY beyond me. I wear gloves every time I ride the bike and have over the years spent more on them every time I buy a pair. I am currently wearing Held Air Stream (four years old) and they are the best I have ever had.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2016, 01:23:19 PM »

I put gloves on before I ever start the bike.  I remember a time.....many years ago.......that I didn't wear gloves.  Slipping an falling at a stop, in the gravel, taught me that lesson.

Kind of like riding with a half helmet......a shattered jaw convinced me that I want to be wearing a modular helmet.  I'm pretty hard headed so I have to learn lessons the hard way.....but I try to learn them the first time.  :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2016, 06:50:06 PM »

OK. That's what I'll do then. . Do you guys wear  half gloves where the fingers are Exposed? . I'm in Florida. . Kinda hot here. . . But I'll try it.  Thanks.  Stuart

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2016, 06:58:39 PM »

I wear the half gloves when I ride unless it's in Maggie Valley and cold.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2016, 08:32:00 PM »

Stu I share your dislike for the new ones, they changed the style in 2015, I like the feel/texture of the pre-15's much better.

The rubber on mine is peeling loose and tearing at the edges, going to get them replaced before the warranty runs out.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2016, 09:33:44 PM »

Know a guy in St Pete who wore fingerless gloves every time he rode. Made fun of us for always wearing full gloves. Went down in traffic at less than 30 MPH and had almost 100 stiches in his fingers, NO stiches in his covered palms.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2016, 09:41:27 PM »

Stu I share your dislike for the new ones, they changed the style in 2015, I like the feel/texture of the pre-15's much better.

The rubber on mine is peeling loose and tearing at the edges, going to get them replaced before the warranty runs out.

I changed the grips on my '15 SESG after 100 miles......then I added heated grips and used the ones from the 2011 CVO which I like much better.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2016, 11:47:25 PM »

I am told the 16 and the 15s at different. . The ones in the parts catalog say won't fit on the cvos.   :'(
Dave.... Mine are peeling off too already. . Maybe Mike knows what will work.  Thanks. Stuart
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 25 queries.