Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: Milwaukee-Eight  (Read 62934 times)

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

Re: Milwaukee-Eight
« Reply #150 on: September 26, 2016, 12:13:13 AM »

I'm seriously impressed by the roof performance on that Jeep. The roll cage must be built right.
Rhetorical questions, who needs 'em?

2010FLHTCUSE5
Dethroned Garage Queen, Sullied 2013

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #151 on: September 26, 2016, 07:50:14 AM »

One odd thing I noticed is that while riding, I pressed the "Information" switch that displays the ambient temperature and oil pressure...... temp said 87 but the oil pressure just said "OK" instead of the actual oil pressure???

Yea, I really dislike that change.  I really liked seeing the oil pressure.  OK is useless, no information.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

ultrarider123

« Reply #152 on: September 26, 2016, 08:16:37 AM »

Yea, I really dislike that change.  I really liked seeing the oil pressure.  OK is useless, no information.

I'm with you guys.  How hard is it to post a pressure reading?  If they are cutting costs, they still have to have the sensors in place to keep an eye on the pressure, right?  What did "OK" save them?  They would have been better off with:

Oil Pressure:  Yep

Or...

Oil Pressure:  Who needs to know?

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #153 on: September 26, 2016, 03:07:03 PM »

I'm with you guys.  How hard is it to post a pressure reading?  If they are cutting costs, they still have to have the sensors in place to keep an eye on the pressure, right?  What did "OK" save them?  They would have been better off with:

Oil Pressure:  Yep

Or...

Oil Pressure:  Who needs to know?

OR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, "WE DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW"
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
« Reply #154 on: September 26, 2016, 03:21:55 PM »

I asked my Dealer it stops the the people from seeing real pressure and causing unnecessary shoppings. It's only has idiot sensor so pressure has to be below set limit to not be ok. Like the Roadkings and others have been for decades.

:bananarock: :banana rock:

Brad
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 06:07:16 PM by hdbrad03 »
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #155 on: September 26, 2016, 03:31:45 PM »

Don't need no steenkin' oil pressure readings.  Trust us, have we ever steered you wrong?

Jerry :nervous:
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #156 on: September 26, 2016, 04:05:23 PM »

Jerry that's funny....
Bill

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #157 on: September 26, 2016, 04:31:57 PM »

A service writer told me a conflict he had with a customer: The complaint was that the customer's  new car showed 28 PSI of oil pressure at idle and 55 PSI at 70 mph... The guy's neighbor happened to have a near identical car that was a year old. The neighbor's car had 35 PSI at idle and 61 PSI at 70. The customer was PISSED that his new car "showed to be worn out already".  The Service writer told me "And that, my friends is why they don't put numbers on 'em, anymore.
Rhetorical questions, who needs 'em?

2010FLHTCUSE5
Dethroned Garage Queen, Sullied 2013

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #158 on: September 26, 2016, 04:48:36 PM »

When I was service manager at a Chevy Pontiac dealership back in the mid '70s to the mid '80s, lots of cars had idiot lights.

The oil pressure light was usually set at around 6 to 7 psi.  It was assumed that 10 psi would be a safe idle oil pressure.

Anywhere above 30 psi while driving was also considered good.

This reminds me when I was a lot younger and my parents and I had a marina in mid MI area.  Starting in the late '60s we sold snowmobiles.  Most of them had no speedometer.  It was funny to listen to the bragging that went on in bars.  One guy would say that his buddy clocked him with his car while he was running down on the snow at 70 mph.  And the bragging just continued.

Then speedometers became available as add-ons.  It's funny because the guy that could do 70 could only get 45 mph out of his sled.  This brought MANY complaints because all of a sudden their sleds were not running like they did before the speedometer was installed.

Another screwing with the neighbors, I think it was in Parenthood with Steve Martin, he had a neighbor that bragged about how good of gas mileage he got with his new car.  So he and his boy went over at night and added of gas to his tank without him knowing it.  They did this for a week or so as I remember.  The neighbor just raved about his GREAT mileage.  Then the next week they sucked out gas at night and the neighbor was at the dealership complaining about losing all the mpg that he had been getting.  That's one way to screw with your neighbor...
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #159 on: September 26, 2016, 06:23:56 PM »

When I was service manager at a Chevy Pontiac dealership back in the mid '70s to the mid '80s, lots of cars had idiot lights.

The oil pressure light was usually set at around 6 to 7 psi.  It was assumed that 10 psi would be a safe idle oil pressure.

Anywhere above 30 psi while driving was also considered good.

This reminds me when I was a lot younger and my parents and I had a marina in mid MI area.  Starting in the late '60s we sold snowmobiles.  Most of them had no speedometer.  It was funny to listen to the bragging that went on in bars.  One guy would say that his buddy clocked him with his car while he was running down on the snow at 70 mph.  And the bragging just continued.

Then speedometers became available as add-ons.  It's funny because the guy that could do 70 could only get 45 mph out of his sled.  This brought MANY complaints because all of a sudden their sleds were not running like they did before the speedometer was installed.

Another screwing with the neighbors, I think it was in Parenthood with Steve Martin, he had a neighbor that bragged about how good of gas mileage he got with his new car.  So he and his boy went over at night and added of gas to his tank without him knowing it.  They did this for a week or so as I remember.  The neighbor just raved about his GREAT mileage.  Then the next week they sucked out gas at night and the neighbor was at the dealership complaining about losing all the mpg that he had been getting.  That's one way to screw with your neighbor...

Spinal Tap had amps that went to "11".

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #160 on: September 26, 2016, 07:16:54 PM »

A service writer told me a conflict he had with a customer: The complaint was that the customer's  new car showed 28 PSI of oil pressure at idle and 55 PSI at 70 mph... The guy's neighbor happened to have a near identical car that was a year old. The neighbor's car had 35 PSI at idle and 61 PSI at 70. The customer was PISSED that his new car "showed to be worn out already".  The Service writer told me "And that, my friends is why they don't put numbers on 'em, anymore.

Can still remember when I was a kid working in a gas station and had a shop later just hating to hear when some of the customers would want a set of Stewart Warner or some other gauges mounted.  For way too many the numbers were just something to worry about that they weren't even close to understanding.  Still remember like it was yesterday the guy who (seriously) asked me why his "oil psi's accelerated faster than his volts."   :huepfenlol2:

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #161 on: September 26, 2016, 09:25:02 PM »

yeah, I got one that's even better.  when I was going to school for auto mechs, we would take in 'customer' vehicles to do work on them.  one woman brought her car in and wanted a front end alignment (okay, no issue) and her valve stems in her tires lined up so they would be in the same position all the way around. 
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #162 on: September 26, 2016, 09:28:43 PM »

Can still remember when I was a kid working in a gas station and had a shop later just hating to hear when some of the customers would want a set of Stewart Warner or some other gauges mounted.  For way too many the numbers were just something to worry about that they weren't even close to understanding.  Still remember like it was yesterday the guy who (seriously) asked me why his "oil psi's accelerated faster than his volts."   :huepfenlol2:

You're going to throw that out there and then not tell us why???  WTH??    :nixweiss:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #163 on: September 27, 2016, 12:09:52 AM »

yeah, I got one that's even better.  when I was going to school for auto mechs, we would take in 'customer' vehicles to do work on them.  one woman brought her car in and wanted a front end alignment (okay, no issue) and her valve stems in her tires lined up so they would be in the same position all the way around.

Ok.  I had one who just demanded having the beads broken so he could from summer to winter air in the tires.  Not kidding....

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #164 on: September 27, 2016, 12:22:47 AM »

Sometimes if a car needed power steering fluid we would tell the driver the car was low on blinker fluid and charge them a dollar.  Full service station. Re-run oil was $.33 a quart, sold a lot of it.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 21 queries.