Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Author Topic: Another 114 M8 Bad Oil Pump  (Read 10221 times)

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
Re: Another 114 M8 Bad Oil Pump
« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2018, 05:30:01 PM »

I figured as much, what about Harleys? Are there any Harleys not experiencing any sumping problems yet? Thanks all.
^^^  Fixed that for you. 

I haven't had sumping yet on my 107 with the Stage 3/114 kit...but it's barely out of break-in and it hasn't had any high-RPM running.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Tommy1727

« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2018, 11:05:17 PM »

Hola again

Actually it gets worse, turned out that due to the oil pump problems, the whole motor is ruined.

The AD dealer in Alicante did such a bad Job and misdiagnosis, that I told them to stop work, not fix it, and had it collected and taken to the UK where the bike was purchased.

I will keep you posted how it turns out!

Ride carefully everyone!

That looks like a stock motor, yes?  Unfortunately, I’ve seen that type of damage before.

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #92 on: May 16, 2018, 11:27:39 PM »

^^^  Fixed that for you. 

I haven't had sumping yet on my 107 with the Stage 3/114 kit...but it's barely out of break-in and it hasn't had any high-RPM running.

needless to say they do not need to be RPM'nd  to see sumping .  pf  you never get any sumping you are fortunate.. enjoy the ride and have a ball/

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2018, 12:02:50 AM »

needless to say they do not need to be RPM'nd  to see sumping .  pf  you never get any sumping you are fortunate.. enjoy the ride and have a ball/
Thanks, happyman. It is a fun engine and bike, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the summer heat and more playing don't turn into a problem, especially far from home.  Feel bad for everyone who has.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2018, 12:23:33 AM »

Thanks, happyman. It is a fun engine and bike, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the summer heat and more playing don't turn into a problem, especially far from home.  Feel bad for everyone who has.
not fun even when your only  fifty miles  from home and its close to 90*  with humidity and high dewpoint. motor pukes and your out there pulled off the road because check engine light comes on and the extreme loud clattering is not something to ride when yo have traffic on top of you . so you have to wait over two hours for a tow and hand out big $$$ to get the bike home .   yes its very sad   to have to deal with this.
once again hope you have a good time riding trouble free, its what you paid for, so enjoy. 

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2018, 06:23:09 PM »

Hola again

Actually it gets worse, turned out that due to the oil pump problems, the whole motor is ruined.

The AD dealer in Alicante did such a bad Job and misdiagnosis, that I told them to stop work, not fix it, and had it collected and taken to the UK where the bike was purchased.

I will keep you posted how it turns out!
Man, that is one nasty looking piston. Hope all turns out well in the end for you.

Ride carefully everyone!

costablanca

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2018, 11:09:03 AM »

Hi everyone, yes the bike is stock apart from stage one and screaming eagle tuner-end cans.

I have done about 5750 miles or 9300 kms in the 1st year, so I am glad the issue appeared now, instead of just after the warranty expired.

Ride carefully everyone and have a great day!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 26 queries.