Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: Honest negotiating price discussion  (Read 6414 times)

PaulHog

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY
Re: Honest negotiating price discussion
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2019, 04:08:21 PM »

Just picked up a new '19 CVO Road Glide for $39k.  Stickered for $43,039.  1k miles service free.  And, 4.24% for 84 months to boot. 
'19 CVO Road Glide

Mark

• Mods: Fullsac Stage I
  • 1K CVO Member
  • "Not my circus, not my monkeys."

• CVO1: 03 SERK (retired)
    • CVO2: 10 SESG
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2019, 10:14:39 PM »

Just picked up a new '19 CVO Road Glide for $39k.  Stickered for $43,039.  1k miles service free.  And, 4.24% for 84 months to boot.
With a seven year financing time span, did you buy gap insurance?

load97

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Street Glide Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Road Glide Red Pepper & Magnetic Grey With Black Hole
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2019, 02:37:22 PM »

Nice!
2019 CVO Road Glide Red Pepper & Magnetic Grey With Black Hole
2017 CVO Street Glide Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black *Traded*

JONNIEROCK

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2019, 02:48:28 PM »

Congrats.  The 2020 models will be released in 7 weeks so I bet we see more discounting.  My dealer has  2019  3 SERGs,2 Sesgs and 3 ultras on the floor

I'm north of you. Did you buy your bike locally ?
                          Thanks Jonnierock

Haird

• Seek Ye First the Kingdom of God
  • 5k CVO Member
  • JOY is Jesus Over You
    • TN

• CVO1: SOLD...2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue/Crushed Sapphire...Beauregard
    • CVO2: Traded..."Ginger" was my 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2019, 03:04:42 PM »

I just sold a 2015 SERGU for half the price I bought it for 4 years ago...as Dean Martin sang "Ain't that a kick in the head"  :'(

Congratulations on your purchase, Paul.  May it bring you many, many smiles and miles.  Keep it between the ditches... :bananarock:
IBA # 8562
T.G.I.F.  Today, God Is First

"I know not the way God leads me but well do I know my guide" Martin Luther

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there"  George Harrison

War Eagle

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2019, 07:49:53 PM »

I just sold a 2015 SERGU for half the price I bought it for 4 years ago...as Dean Martin sang "Ain't that a kick in the head"  :'(

Congratulations on your purchase, Paul.  May it bring you many, many smiles and miles.  Keep it between the ditches... :bananarock:

Dam....how things have changed...  that is/ was a beautiful bike.  GOOD LESSON HERE..JUST SAYIN.      Haird what’s the story????    I am beginning to like Indian🤪
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 07:54:09 PM by bbrown »

Haird

• Seek Ye First the Kingdom of God
  • 5k CVO Member
  • JOY is Jesus Over You
    • TN

• CVO1: SOLD...2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue/Crushed Sapphire...Beauregard
    • CVO2: Traded..."Ginger" was my 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2019, 09:03:21 AM »

You know, every old motor suffers when a new one is introduced.  Pan to Shovel; Shovel to Evo; Evo to twin cam; twin cam to Milwaukee 8.  The '15 and '16's didn't suffer as much to start with the new M8 in 2017 as, say, the Evo did when the twin cam was introduced in 1998 and really broadened in 1999.  The Evolution was (and is) a very good motor as is the Twin Cam.  Both had issues but "new" is what we consumers like.  My '15 was worth around $27K retail last Winter (2018) and, 8 months later, was just below $20K trade.  They have it on the showroom for low $20's but I'm betting that is VERY flexible.

In keeping with the subject of this thread, I was patient on waiting for the Indian price but waited too long thinking my Harley would still carry a good trade in value.  Nothing wrong with the '15 so I wasn't in that big a hurry but trading when I did cost me money on the trade.  However, if I had waiting longer, I would have lost more specially since the 2020 models are just around the corner.  By the way, in waiting and being patient on the model I wanted from Indian, I got a significant reduction in the MSRP which helped offset the money I was losing value-wise on my Harley. 

I'm happy with the move.  With the stage II installed, it's got a lope and sound like an old Shovelhead, rides better than the '15 did even with upgraded suspension.  It's getting around 41 MPG around town and got 45.5 on a day trip to Chattanooga a few weeks ago...not too shabby...plus Vickie loves the color (she didn't care for blue) and already says the Chieftain rides better, sounds better and is smoother than the Harley ever was.

If one was looking to either move away from Harley OR purchase a new Harley, end of the model year is one of if not the best time to shop.  There are Harley dealers that still have new 2016's on their floor much less new 17, 18 or 19 models.  Shopping around does help but developing a relationship with your dealer can also help.  I tried to stay loyal to the same dealer here in Knoxville and have (except for the '12 SESG...that one came from SMHD).  In doing so, they know me and have worked with me on price. I've always received a discount on clothes and at least 20% on parts on EVERY purchase, not just a few months after I bought a new bike.  I got to stay "loyal" with the Chieftain also...the Brown family owns Indian of Knoxville, too, and that helped with the bottom line on trading.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 09:12:06 AM by Haird »
IBA # 8562
T.G.I.F.  Today, God Is First

"I know not the way God leads me but well do I know my guide" Martin Luther

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there"  George Harrison

War Eagle

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 24 queries.