Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Author Topic: Bitch of the day  (Read 10990 times)

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
Re: Bitch of the day
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2007, 06:53:33 PM »

This latest " bitch " is amusing as hell to me on a very personal level. After 15 years of 1% club membership, I hung it up on 1/10/04. Had enough. So I have to turn in everything with the club logo on it which means hats, belts, t-shirts, sweatshirts, and of course my "colors "  So I got nothin at that point but it feels good to be free. So I go out and buy a bunch of Screamin Eagle and H-D stuff. Got called a newbie and a RUB a few times by folks with no clue who I am/was/will be/whatever. Made me laugh. I loved it when I joined this site and it said newbie next to my name. I wish it still did. The other day I ran into an old friend I hadn't seen since I was still flyin colors. I had on H-D everything "B B he says, what's happened to you ? "  I'm incognito and I like it that way " LOL So maybe I am a poser, a former outlaw posing as an ordinary citizen. Does that ring true to those of you who have met me ? Or was I an ordinary citizen posing as an outlaw for 15 years ?  Seems like a long time to keep up a ruse if you ask me. Or maybe, I am who I am was and always will be and it's just clothes.

B B

Hey Big B..this is funny....

I dunno what you are...but where I come from, we'd describe you as a "good F@kah"
lol
Have a good one man

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2007, 07:30:31 PM »

:D he told me all the bullsh....I mean info he was feedin ya yesterday.... I KNOW you're much smarter than to fall for that!! Altho perfect woman for HIM would be a good call! ( I do remind him daily so he don't fergit!)  :P

I stand by my earlier statement and your posts prove it - you are the perfect woman for HB.  And BTW - 'she who yells, pokes in ribs, rides on back of our bike & sleeps, etc. etc.' is ok plus she puts up with my chit.  But you already knew that I betcha. 8)
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2007, 07:33:11 PM »

Here's one possible definition by Urban Dictionary:  A once proud brand of motorcycles that were originally only owned by legit badasses back in the day. Sadly sometime in the `80s posers got into the act and Harley Davidson began to become more concerned with merchandising rather than building decent bikes and it became acceptable for doctors, lawyers, and fat bald guys having a midlife crisis to ride Harley's.

If you own a Harley Davidson edition anything you're not a bad-ass you're a pathetic poser urinating allover the once proud name of Harley Davidson. F@$kin' (edited by me) trendys always ruin everything.

Personally, I could give a chit what someone who considers themselves NOT to be a "poser" thinks about me owning HD's most expensive bike.  While I don't understand why somebody buys a motorcycle and then puts 1K on it a year, if they are able to ride after the purchase...I guess if I had to pigeon hole people as posers, those would be the ones, generally speaking.  I owned a panhead chopper in 70-72, had hair down to my ass, dilated pupils most of the time my eyes were open, and didn't care if the sun came up the next day.  Did that make me a "biker"....?

I'm not all that fat, and not entirely bald...I'm no lawyer or doctor, and I'm sure not rich.  I wear do-rags sometimes too, to keep people from seeing how screwed up my hair is from wearing a helmet for the last 4 hours, and to keep from sweating in the helmet so much (see: fat/bald).  I buy some HD clothing, even though I know it's overpriced, but I like some of the stuff.  I quit riding HD's after the panhead not because I didn't like Harley any more, I had other priorities, like paying my way through school.  So I drove VW Bugs, Honda bikes...that's all I could afford.  25+ years later I was in a position to go in debt for a HD of my dreams.  I love my bike and riding as much as anyone who thinks they are not a "poser".  I don't have the brand tattooed on my body anywhere...don't have any tats at all, in fact, as I've never seen anything I liked well enough to have it become a permanent part of my body 'till I die.  I've not been in many bar fights, or any kind of fights for that matter.  I've never felt the need to show anyone how tough I am.  I choose my real friends carefully, and don't need colors to remind me of who they are, or why.

Am I a "poser"?  Maybe in some people's eyes I am.  I love riding motorcycles.  I'd ride anything with two wheels and a motor and love doing that too, no matter the brand.  If that makes me less than a "real" biker, so be it.  Those who might think that about me would not be my friends in the first place, so f'em and feed 'em beans.

Damn, bro!  What you said!  Only thing I would add is f'em and the dog they rode in on.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2007, 10:14:09 PM »

Damn, bro!  What you said!  Only thing I would add is f'em and the dog they rode in on.

Chi'it, it ain't the dog's fault!

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2007, 10:25:55 PM »

I find my laughs in strange places some days. Just logging on after dinner and I go to check on new posts and at the top of the list is Bitch of the day and then it says Twolanerider.  :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D 

Sorry, I'm really simple in spite of some of the more intelligent posts I make from time to time I actually plagerize those from different sources.

Mostly I'm simple  :worthless: :P

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2007, 10:39:54 PM »

I find my laughs in strange places some days. Just logging on after dinner and I go to check on new posts and at the top of the list is Bitch of the day and then it says Twolanerider.  :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D 

Sorry, I'm really simple in spite of some of the more intelligent posts I make from time to time I actually plagerize those from different sources.

Mostly I'm simple  :worthless: :P

B B

Dude, as always, happy to be of service  :drink: .

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2007, 10:47:05 PM »

Chi'it, it ain't the dog's fault!

It's an old southern saying.

Not said only by old southerners, some of the young whippersnappers also say it.

Similar to f..k me running, but different.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2007, 08:06:52 AM »

BB, I'm not sure I even know for sure what a 1%er  is. Maybe you could enlighten me.

As I've stated, I'm not a club member, nor do I care to be. If a 1%er is supposed to be badass and an outlaw, who's LAW are we talking about? I've had dealings with club members who are supposed to be badass outlaws. My business dealings with them have proven to be straight up and honest. Their word is their bond. I've dealt with other people who's word means nothing. They'd screw you out of your wallet at every chance they get. A lot of those will sit on the front pew of the local church every sunday. So who's the outlaw?

If a man will look me in the eye and tell me something, then stick to it, I'll do the same even when it hurts. If a man looks me in the eye & lies to me, I'm done. First time his fault, second time my fault.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2007, 08:50:29 AM »

I have read this post for a while and have stayed away, but all this I'm a this or that, or I am not  a this or that is laughable. I guess growing up it was about riding not what bike you had, what you wore, or if you were a badass. Maybe I see it different because I am one of those "doctors" who rides ( in reality it is what I do, not who I am), but the only motto as re: two wheelers, is  it's the journey not the destination, and I'll leave all the figuing out what someone is to so one else. John
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 09:00:26 AM by otophile »
Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2007, 09:58:09 AM »

This latest " bitch " is amusing as hell to me on a very personal level. After 15 years of 1% club membership, I hung it up on 1/10/04. Had enough. So I have to turn in everything with the club logo on it which means hats, belts, t-shirts, sweatshirts, and of course my "colors "  So I got nothin at that point but it feels good to be free. So I go out and buy a bunch of Screamin Eagle and H-D stuff. Got called a newbie and a RUB a few times by folks with no clue who I am/was/will be/whatever. Made me laugh. I loved it when I joined this site and it said newbie next to my name. I wish it still did. The other day I ran into an old friend I hadn't seen since I was still flyin colors. I had on H-D everything "B B he says, what's happened to you ? "  I'm incognito and I like it that way " LOL So maybe I am a poser, a former outlaw posing as an ordinary citizen. Does that ring true to those of you who have met me ? Or was I an ordinary citizen posing as an outlaw for 15 years ?  Seems like a long time to keep up a ruse if you ask me. Or maybe, I am who I am was and always will be and it's just clothes.

B B

BB - I re-read your post and it made me think back.  Seriously. From as early as I started riding, I have ridden with different groups.  Never worried a lot about it - just rode & ride with people who liked to ride.  I will be riding with a group of 1% ers next month, by invitation, and am really looking forward to it.

I have never met you, but of all things you may or may not be, poser is not one of them. You lay it out there straight.  Anyway, people I know & trust who ride are brothers.  Whether they are in some group I ride with or some other group is not a big deal to me.  If the phone rings and they need help, I am there.  Never had a bro genetically - had lots of bros to ride with though.  Maybe I do not understand your post - doubt the clothes make much difference in reality.  It is who is inside them that makes the difference.

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2007, 11:49:03 AM »

All of this transpired IMO because of Corporate Procedures. ( Think ISO 9001) The bean counters have taken over corperate America to the point where they've lost all sight of why they are in business. (the customer) I used to be able to go into Denny's and order biscuits instead of pancakes with one of those combo meals they advertise. Not anymore. " you take it the way we give it to you " exact quote from the waitress, then the manager. So, now I go to a little place run by a retired San Diego County Sheriif's Deputy and his family. The food's good, the service is good, I get to order what I want and the price is fair. Now if one of those cops would just give me a " get out of jail free card" I'd be all set.

B B

Hey, I've got a BITCH to add to this thread.  Can we stop calling accountants "Bean Counters," and can we stop blaming "Bean Counters" for everything that is wrong with society today!! :sauer055:

I have been doing this a long time, and never once have I heard an accountant put forth the idea of making our products cheaper, less reliable, poorer quality, or in any other way cut corners to save a buck.  I have never heard an accountant suggest that we might increase our profits by providing bad customer service.  My experience has always been around finding ways to be better at what we do.  Sales and profits only go up when we are better than our competition, and provide the best customer service in our industry.  Those "other" ideas generally come from the "executive branch."  Those people who only answer to/listen to shareholders, and have no contact with employees or customers.  And, by the way, are compensated through stock options.

Okay, now that that is off my chest, back to Ken's day at the Home Depot.  The first thought that ran through my mind was the old saying "no good deed goes unpunished."  I think it is hilarious that in the end it probably cost HD more money in lost productivity, than what they lost by not ringing up the product in the first place.

Later,
Ghost Rider, CPA

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2007, 01:24:51 PM »

Hey, I've got a BITCH to add to this thread.  Can we stop calling accountants "Bean Counters," and can we stop blaming "Bean Counters" for everything that is wrong with society today!! :sauer055:

I have been doing this a long time, and never once have I heard an accountant put forth the idea of making our products cheaper, less reliable, poorer quality, or in any other way cut corners to save a buck.  I have never heard an accountant suggest that we might increase our profits by providing bad customer service.  My experience has always been around finding ways to be better at what we do.  Sales and profits only go up when we are better than our competition, and provide the best customer service in our industry.  Those "other" ideas generally come from the "executive branch."  Those people who only answer to/listen to shareholders, and have no contact with employees or customers.  And, by the way, are compensated through stock options.

Okay, now that that is off my chest, back to Ken's day at the Home Depot.  The first thought that ran through my mind was the old saying "no good deed goes unpunished."  I think it is hilarious that in the end it probably cost HD more money in lost productivity, than what they lost by not ringing up the product in the first place.

Later,
Ghost Rider, CPA

ENRON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2007, 01:46:51 PM »

BB, I'm not sure I even know for sure what a 1%er  is. Maybe you could enlighten me

The term was coined by the AMA back in the 30's to describe people who weren't AMA members. As the Angels etc came into being it came to mean people who belonged to those types of organizations. It is a generic description intended to save the writer time and effort into explaining something that most people pre-judge. The remainder of your post would suggest you are not one to pre-judge. Thank you for that, too bad more folks weren't like you

B B

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2007, 02:05:13 PM »

ENRON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Please name one accountant at Enron involved in the SEC investigation.   :P

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2007, 02:07:59 PM »

Please name one accountant at Enron involved in the SEC investigation.   :P

There are the only ones that went to JAil - Everyone else walked  :bananarock: :carrot: :jalapeno: :cucumber:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 21 queries.