Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  All

Author Topic: Bitch of the day  (Read 10981 times)

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
Re: Bitch of the day
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2007, 02:17:32 PM »

There are the only ones that went to JAil - Everyone else walked  :bananarock: :carrot: :jalapeno: :cucumber:

Actually, Lay died, so I wouldn't say he walked.

And the answer to the question is Richard Causey.  He was the CAO and he went to jail, along with Fastow and Skilling.

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2007, 04:00:00 PM »

Actually, Lay died, so I wouldn't say he walked.

And the answer to the question is Richard Causey.  He was the CAO and he went to jail, along with Fastow and Skilling.
He's serving the Time that's waiting for all of us  ;D

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2007, 05:39:14 PM »

Hey, I've got a BITCH to add to this thread.  Can we stop calling accountants "Bean Counters," and can we stop blaming "Bean Counters" for everything that is wrong with society today!! :sauer055:

I have been doing this a long time, and never once have I heard an accountant put forth the idea of making our products cheaper, less reliable, poorer quality, or in any other way cut corners to save a buck.  I have never heard an accountant suggest that we might increase our profits by providing bad customer service.  My experience has always been around finding ways to be better at what we do.  Sales and profits only go up when we are better than our competition, and provide the best customer service in our industry.  Those "other" ideas generally come from the "executive branch."  Those people who only answer to/listen to shareholders, and have no contact with employees or customers.  And, by the way, are compensated through stock options.

Okay, now that that is off my chest, back to Ken's day at the Home Depot.  The first thought that ran through my mind was the old saying "no good deed goes unpunished."  I think it is hilarious that in the end it probably cost HD more money in lost productivity, than what they lost by not ringing up the product in the first place.

Later,
Ghost Rider, CPA

First off, I would never diss an accountant by calling him a bean counter. What I mean when I say bean counter is all of the people in corporate america who have jobs with titles like Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, or my personal favorite the QA guy with no education who quotes me a specification that wouldn't apply no matter how many beers my boss bought me at lunch. Bean counters are all those people who get hired by some mid level manager who thinks if he could just get a handle on what folks really do with their time he could manage better ( never occurs to some of em to come out of their office) Bean counters are the ones who spend all day long figuring out what it is you do only to tell your boss you don't do it very well. Bean counters are the planners who have never in their lives picked up a tool and done something but boy they can plan what you should be doing. Bean counters are the ones who produce nothing, disrespect what those who do produce something do and basically tell the guy who hired them what he wants to hear. That's what a bean counter is.

An accountant ?  They're the ones who count the money and tell the bosses when things are good and when they're bad and with any luck help me get a raise when things are good and do what's needed to keep the company running when they're bad. Somebody's gotta keep score and the guy counting the money is that guy.

Tros

« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2007, 06:12:51 PM »

Someone decided to the have accountants micro manage my dealers parts department and they are pissing customers off and seriously trying to make it FUBAR.  Who wants to order a part then wait 3 weeks to get it when it should take less than a week?  Not me.

They don't understand the showroom traffic thing either.  If you don't have the nice shiney things hanging on the wall for people to buy then they will go to another shop where they are on display and not come back. 

My parts guy is really good but they've tied his hands with their greed.  Bastards.

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2007, 10:38:30 PM »

First off, I would never diss an accountant by calling him a bean counter. What I mean when I say bean counter is all of the people in corporate america who have jobs with titles like Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, or my personal favorite the QA guy with no education who quotes me a specification that wouldn't apply no matter how many beers my boss bought me at lunch. Bean counters are all those people who get hired by some mid level manager who thinks if he could just get a handle on what folks really do with their time he could manage better ( never occurs to some of em to come out of their office) Bean counters are the ones who spend all day long figuring out what it is you do only to tell your boss you don't do it very well. Bean counters are the planners who have never in their lives picked up a tool and done something but boy they can plan what you should be doing. Bean counters are the ones who produce nothing, disrespect what those who do produce something do and basically tell the guy who hired them what he wants to hear. That's what a bean counter is.

An accountant ?  They're the ones who count the money and tell the bosses when things are good and when they're bad and with any luck help me get a raise when things are good and do what's needed to keep the company running when they're bad. Somebody's gotta keep score and the guy counting the money is that guy.

B B,

Thanks for clearing that up.  I didn't mean to go deep end on you, but for some reason that term really gets under my skin.

Later,
Ghost

JW

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2007, 10:38:43 PM »

The whole poser question.

Same thing comes up in the surfing world and I think there are alot of similarities.  Same term.  A poser is someone who rides around with a surfboard on top of their car or in their truck, but rarely or never takes in out in the water.  This implies deceiving to impress.  There just arent that many people who do this.  Sure, some guys dont feel comfortable going out on a big day.  Some just prefer the small surf of summer.  Just like motorcycling, some really dont want to ride in the rain, maybe dont want to go on 3,000 mile runs, others do.  Everybody is surfing, none the less, and I wouldnt call a guy or gal who didnt want to go out in big surf a poser, Id just say they know their limitations or they just have more enjoyment that way.  Same with motorcycling.  We're all just trying to have fun here, right.  The poser thing is really one person judging another who has no idea of what that person is all about.
2005 Cherry SEEG-

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2007, 10:43:26 PM »

B B,

Thanks for clearing that up.  I didn't mean to go deep end on you, but for some reason that term really gets under my skin.

Later,
Ghost

Your post reminded me of a conversation I had with a buddy when we were in college. He said, he wanted to be rich enough that all he had to do was count his money. I said I wanted to be rich enough to hire someone to count my money. My roomate was an economics major.

B B

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2007, 09:10:06 PM »

Hey, I've got a BITCH to add to this thread.  Can we stop calling accountants "Bean Counters," and can we stop blaming "Bean Counters" for everything that is wrong with society today!! :sauer055:

I have been doing this a long time, and never once have I heard an accountant put forth the idea of making our products cheaper, less reliable, poorer quality, or in any other way cut corners to save a buck.  I have never heard an accountant suggest that we might increase our profits by providing bad customer service.  My experience has always been around finding ways to be better at what we do.  Sales and profits only go up when we are better than our competition, and provide the best customer service in our industry.  Those "other" ideas generally come from the "executive branch."  Those people who only answer to/listen to shareholders, and have no contact with employees or customers.  And, by the way, are compensated through stock options.

Okay, now that that is off my chest, back to Ken's day at the Home Depot.  The first thought that ran through my mind was the old saying "no good deed goes unpunished."  I think it is hilarious that in the end it probably cost HD more money in lost productivity, than what they lost by not ringing up the product in the first place.

Later,
Ghost Rider, CPA

Accountants are the ones who, after the battle has been fought, come in and bayonet the wounded. *grinz*

Travis, was great riding with ya today below the speed of light.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2007, 09:32:51 PM »

I think I've got this accountant thing figured out. Are,nt they the ones we blame for everything, win or loose?  :nixweiss:

just think'in

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2007, 02:44:12 PM »

You'd think I'd have learned by now, but I haven't. Every time I have to park my truck close the quay wall on the waterfront at NAVSTA San Diego, you'd think I'd remember, but I don't. For the umpteenth time, I parked my truck right up close to a Coast Guard Cutter and for the umpteenth time the bastards ran a fire drll and covered my truck with salt spray. And I mean covered, I rolled a window down and there was enough salt for a tequilla party on the window gasket. Now Uncle Sam's Canoe Club doesn't do fire drills in port, but for some reason the Coasties do. Anyone out there in membership land that can explain this to me please do.  >:(

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2007, 02:52:39 PM »

You'd think I'd have learned by now, but I haven't. Every time I have to park my truck close the quay wall on the waterfront at NAVSTA San Diego, you'd think I'd remember, but I don't. For the umpteenth time, I parked my truck right up close to a Coast Guard Cutter and for the umpteenth time the bastards ran a fire drll and covered my truck with salt spray. And I mean covered, I rolled a window down and there was enough salt for a tequilla party on the window gasket. Now Uncle Sam's Canoe Club doesn't do fire drills in port, but for some reason the Coasties do. Anyone out there in membership land that can explain this to me please do.  >:(

They're out to get you Brian  :huepfenjump3:
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2007, 04:24:17 PM »

They're out to get you Brian  :huepfenjump3:

I can't talk now, I've gotta go wash my truck  :P

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #87 on: June 06, 2007, 04:59:05 PM »

BB
I'm no member, but I would bet on it thats it's a $$$ thing. Running those diesel srews out to sea to spray a little H2o ain't in no cookie cutters budget.
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #88 on: June 06, 2007, 09:13:07 PM »

Took my truck to the carwash. It was so crusted with salt they were afraid it would scratch the paint when the cloth strips swished back and forth over it. They sprayed soap on it, hosed it off and did it again before they ran it through the washer. All the guys at the place I go love my 100th Anniversary H-D truck and I always tip, so when they saw it come in it was like " amigo que pasa your truck ? "  Anyway, they all but detailed it for $20 - - - - cool.  :)

REGGAB

« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2007, 12:34:52 AM »

Took my truck to the carwash. It was so crusted with salt they were afraid it would scratch the paint when the cloth strips swished back and forth over it. They sprayed soap on it, hosed it off and did it again before they ran it through the washer. All the guys at the place I go love my 100th Anniversary H-D truck and I always tip, so when they saw it come in it was like " amigo que pasa your truck ? "  Anyway, they all but detailed it for $20 - - - - cool.  :)

$20?  Can't beat that.  I have a Dually, and it won't fit in one of those automatic quickie things.  I have to hand wash it myself.  When we lived in Enterprise, I managed to persuade a guy at one of those quickie joints to hand wash it for me.  $60!!!!  In ALABAMA????  Chit!  I'm moving to California!!!  Other than that, the doggone thing stays dirty. :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  All

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 21 queries.