Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: 07 alarm question  (Read 4429 times)

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
Re: 07 alarm question
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2007, 06:48:36 AM »

So in answer to the 2 previous messages - do we prefer a tracker system to a pager?   I smell a poll

REGGAB

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2007, 06:58:51 AM »

So in answer to the 2 previous messages - do we prefer a tracker system to a pager?   I smell a poll

This is just me, smiler, but I prefer REALLY GOOD INSURANCE.  Can you add that option to your poll?

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2007, 07:03:17 AM »

I'm with you for the good insurance.  A mate of mine had his Fatboy stolen, he bought another and that went out the garage the same week.  The insurance company paid out again but refused to insure him another bike.

It took me 9 months to get my SERK, for me that's something money couldn't replace. 

REGGAB

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2007, 07:08:35 AM »

I'm with you for the good insurance.  A mate of mine had his Fatboy stolen, he bought another and that went out the garage the same week.  The insurance company paid out again but refused to insure him another bike.

It took me 9 months to get my SERK, for me that's something money couldn't replace. 

I know how that goes.  Money can't replace my melon either, and they don't make 'em like that anymore................but it could get me a new bike.

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2007, 07:11:38 AM »

I know how that goes.  Money can't replace my melon either, and they don't make 'em like that anymore................but it could get me a new bike.
[/quote
Oh yes, perhaps an 08 SE Glide :P :pineapple: :pepper: :2vrolijk_21:

REGGAB

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2007, 07:20:20 AM »

[/quote
Oh yes, perhaps an 08 SE Glide :P :pineapple: :pepper: :2vrolijk_21:

There you go!  That's what I'm talking about.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2007, 08:37:29 AM »

SEUC², hands down, no more discussion.

AJ,

I was trying to bait you to tell us the Daytona story. That's one of my favorites. It's priceless.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2007, 08:54:22 AM »

Hey fired00d - what's the advantage of a the pager alarm?
It's just another security tool. If you are out of site of your bike up to a certain distance and the alarm is triggered then the pager will go off. I like it when travelling and I'm staying in motels/hotels as it gives me another way of knowing at night if my bike is being tampered with. I usually try to park the bike on the same side of building as my room and will put the pager in the window at night to assure it gets a signal. I also use a disc lock and keep bike covered at night. Also if you're at a major event w/lots of bikes and alarms start going off you would know if it was your bike if you were in range. All security devices are a deterrent for a thief something to make him pass your bike and go to one that is an easier take.

The difference between the pager and a tracker is the pager is a local device limited in range and obstructions. The tracker system would more then likely have a subscription cost and would be able to find your bike anywhere.
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
  • 07 'CUSE2 B & O ------ 09 BMW R1200GSA
    • TX
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2007, 09:05:03 AM »

Thanks very much, atleast it has the siren then. I installed the siren/pager in my 06 Heritage, had the pager for a month, then lost it somewhere on the road (got home, empty holster !?#@!)

So If I don't want the pager, I am all set, if I want the pager, have to install security system II.

I have to decide by Saturday about the 07SEUC, was all for it....until I started reading about the engine problems...called local HD, and they told me they have serviced 47 different 07 SE's, and none were anything more major than a regular service interval. (i.e. no major repairs)

So, a simple question, stick with the 06 Heritage, or go with the 07 SEUC?

Thanks again for the help guys
Mike

Mike,

Just be aware that the new model announcements are in Mid July.  No one knows for sure what CVO models are going to be produced.  If they announce a 08 CUSE3 and you like the colors, get one of those.  If they only are going to produce the Road King (would be year 2)  and some thing else ( much speculation here.. but possibly Road Glide)  then you would need to hustle to find an 07 SECU2 on the lot.  Some rumors say that they will continues with SECU3 but to my knowledge they only produce 2 years of one model before switching to something else.   

I've had my head gaskets replaced under w**y and looks like they will replace my tour pack (fitment issues -- lower tour pack has "underbite") but thats all.  You will need to replace pipes/air filter and dyno (or TMAX)  to cool off any 110 scoot you purchase.  I do love my SECU2 after I got it tricked out......

Hope this helps,

Mark

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2007, 09:48:26 AM »

AJ,

I was trying to bait you to tell us the Daytona story. That's one of my favorites. It's priceless.

Rotag, for your enjoyment, and to make sure my friend has a smile on his face for a Friday,  I'll recap the Dayton story. We go to Daytona and Gary (usa_eagle  :cucumber:) takes my bike out of his garage. After doing so his takes it for a ride around the block. He has an '06 and wanted to ride the '07. He comes back, and myself and sqrll24 ( :bananarock:) and his wife all head out for the day. About 1/2 hour later we stop for fuel. I go back on the bike and the alarm goes off!  >:( After a few minutes I realize that Gary still had my keys in his pocket! And yes, everyone is looking at me wondering why the alarm is going off. Moral of the story is: make sure you know the alarm over ride code!  :orange: :orange: :orange:

Smile Chief, it's going to be a great weekend!

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2007, 09:50:38 AM »

Rotag, for your enjoyment, and to make sure my friend has a smile on his face for a Friday,  I'll recap the Dayton story. We go to Daytona and Gary (usa_eagle  :cucumber:) takes my bike out of his garage. After doing so his takes it for a ride around the block. He has an '06 and wanted to ride the '07. He comes back, and myself and sqrll24 ( :bananarock:) and his wife all head out for the day. About 1/2 hour later we stop for fuel. I go back on the bike and the alarm goes off!  >:( After a few minutes I realize that Gary still had my keys in his pocket! And yes, everyone is looking at me wondering why the alarm is going off. Moral of the story is: make sure you know the alarm over ride code!  :orange: :orange: :orange:

Smile Chief, it's going to be a great weekend!

Thanks AJ, its a classic tale.

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2007, 09:56:34 AM »

Uh oh.... how do I find out what my override code is? 

I was in a fog when I picked the scoot up last sept and dont remember what I specified....go figure....

Mark

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2007, 10:21:04 AM »

I was in a fog when I picked the scoot up last sept and dont remember what I specified....go figure....

Mark

No idea, but someone please enlighten us.. :nixweiss:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2007, 11:13:48 AM »

Mark

Look in your owners manual under security system and will have the instructions on setting it. If you purchased the bike new it more then likely will not have one already.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2007, 02:20:07 PM »

I knew RTFM was the right answer after I posted the message!   Sorry for wasting the I/Os on the bb server.

Mark
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 24 queries.