Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Fairings - Hoppe Design or Dragonfly  (Read 7744 times)

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
Fairings - Hoppe Design or Dragonfly
« on: June 11, 2007, 04:08:16 PM »

Right guys - which is the best fairing to buy to cconvert the SERK to a Glide.

I'd like advice as to resistance to wind, usability, accesories, practicality and ease of attachment.

Thanks

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Re: Fairings - Hoppe Design or Dragonfly
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 04:36:50 PM »

i use a dragonfly, have head unit and 2 inch gauges in it, fitcould be a ltiitle better but it is very functional for my needs
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 07:31:45 PM »

I have been doing my home work on fairings myself, last couple days. I like the look and quality of the dragon fly much better. But the options that you can get with the quadzilla are more of what I am looking for. I am not really interested in doing accesssory instalations myself, I have a way of really F%$^&*$ these things up. Another option I found was Dead Center Fairings, although the web site was not very helpful, and I didn't contact them either. Good luck with your choice, though.

SOKOOL

almost forgot...
http://www.deadcentercycles.com/default.aspx

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 07:43:53 PM »

We've had this debate on several other threads. Here's my take.

If you're good a wiring things up and more or less want to semi-permanently convert your SERK to a SEEG, then the Dragonfly is the way to go. It most closely resembles the fit and finish of a stock H-D batwing.

If you're electrically challenged like me, the Hoppe is your best bet. Now having said that, there's some other detachable fairings out there with no bells and whistles. Just a windscreen. Corbin for one, another is advertised in J&P Cycles catalogue for under $300.

I guess it all depends on what you really out of it, how talented an electrician you are and how much money you want to spend. I had a Hoppe I sold to Bubba_T. I liked it when it was on Elvis (pre-Croc bags)  Bubba_T loves it on his 03 SERK.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 02:13:50 PM »

Right guys - which is the best fairing to buy to cconvert the SERK to a Glide.

I'd like advice as to resistance to wind, usability, accesories, practicality and ease of attachment.

Thanks

I have the deadcenter.  Easy on and off, easy harness to install.  With standard windshield bag installed over the stereo it is not as ugly.  The stereo is a little weak so I am installing a little amp when it gets done at the painter.

Good luck

Miker

kng103

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2004  SE-103          ROAD KING CLASSIC
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 02:29:03 PM »

We've had this debate on several other threads. Here's my take.

If you're good a wiring things up and more or less want to semi-permanently convert your SERK to a SEEG, then the Dragonfly is the way to go. It most closely resembles the fit and finish of a stock H-D batwing.

If you're electrically challenged like me, the Hoppe is your best bet. Now having said that, there's some other detachable fairings out there with no bells and whistles. Just a windscreen. Corbin for one, another is advertised in J&P Cycles catalogue for under $300.

I guess it all depends on what you really out of it, how talented an electrician you are and how much money you want to spend. I had a Hoppe I sold to Bubba_T. I liked it when it was on Elvis (pre-Croc bags)  Bubba_T loves it on his 03 SERK.

websites spidey??

2004 flhrci se-103 pearl white
bassani true duals w/ho mufflers
se air cleaner
sert
se-251 cam
s&s reed valve
24/37 gearing
se-6 sp
rumble road speakers
2008 lincoln mark lt(silver)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 08:01:55 PM »

websites spidey??

I am soooooooo sorry Dude, but I believe I explained I am electricall challenged, which also translates into electronically challenged and as a side effect, kinda of a compudunce as well.

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 02:14:15 PM »

I have the Hoppes on my 03. Love it. Do not plan to take it off any time soon :drink: :drink: :drink:
Someday's you hit them like Jack Nicklaus and someday's like Jack Ass

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 02:16:37 PM »

You forgot "Deadcenter Fairings"  (www.deadcentercycles.com)

Miker

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2007, 06:56:36 PM »

the deadcentercycles is nice because of the locking feature,, but they are up in price.  dragonfly,, I don't care for the look of the inside,(and thats what you see the most of).  the Quadzilla(hoppe) is good,  just bought one on ebay brand new, for $1290 + $20 shipping.

purchased the harley bra,,  I'll use it a few times to see just how well I like it,,,  then may send it out and get it painted this winter.

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2007, 07:20:57 PM »

the deadcentercycles is nice because of the locking feature,, but they are up in price.  dragonfly,, I don't care for the look of the inside,(and thats what you see the most of).  the Quadzilla(hoppe) is good,  just bought one on ebay brand new, for $1290 + $20 shipping.

purchased the harley bra,,  I'll use it a few times to see just how well I like it,,,  then may send it out and get it painted this winter.
Send us a review and some pic's when you get it in, I am really leaning to the Quadzilla, myself.

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 06:42:40 AM »

I figure the leather bra will go with the saddlebags,,  but if I really like it,,, I'll look up the painter some of you guys are using for your hardbags.

still waiting to see some photos of those.

the fairings supposed to arrive Tues.,  so I should have her ready before the weekend.

Red Knights NY21 - PGR

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2007, 08:41:59 AM »

I figure the leather bra will go with the saddlebags,,  but if I really like it,,, I'll look up the painter some of you guys are using for your hardbags.

still waiting to see some photos of those.

the fairings supposed to arrive Tues.,  so I should have her ready before the weekend.

Hey Dennis, good luck with the fairing. Waiting for them to be completed. He said 4-6 weeks. It's been about 4-1/2 now. Will hopefully within the next 2 weeks. Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2007, 05:21:34 PM »

don't know if he's doing red for anyone do ya ?

I'd like to see how well they turn out (and how expensive he is)

might get some hard ones myself if I really like the fairing.

Red Knights NY21 - PGR

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2007, 10:02:16 PM »

don't know if he's doing red for anyone do ya ?

I'd like to see how well they turn out (and how expensive he is)

might get some hard ones myself if I really like the fairing.

He told me he's done the red already. He's supposed to be excellent at matching CVO paint jobs. I thnk he's fairly priced too. We'll see when I get them back, and what the final number is! :) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 24 queries.