Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Tour Pack luggage  (Read 9812 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Tour Pack luggage
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2007, 05:49:22 PM »

Different timing and we'd already be there.  We talked to some very good friends of ours this past weekend and they just put it in perspective.  Instead of going up, you just pull it behind.  Carol told how they pull into any hotel, they each reach in and grab their respective roll along suit cases and wheel right into the hotel.  No hooking up and yet one more bag, taking one more off, when you are tired - lets not even talk about bad weather.  We want to be able to carry our leather coats and our full faced helmets, that really means planning for where they will fit.  If we had the trailer it would be of no concern.  Wayne, I think you got us convinced, now it is only timing and financing that we will worry about.  Maybe this winter in the down time we will look into it more seriously. 

Mrs.WeCVO - 2 couples we are good friends with bought trailers this year.  Bushtecs - they are going to Arizona and parts west from NW Florida this summer.  Appears to be a good deal for them for the reasons you mention.

When we cannot figure it all out, on the RK we have taken our trailer - but the bike gets pulled behind the truck in it and the luggage goes in the truck.  I will admit, last year, mid July, when it was about 107 in Wyoming, the air conditioning felt great on that on trailer day there.   ::) ;D ::)
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2007, 05:55:53 PM »

So why do you need the larger bag if not to bring more STUFF

SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHush!! ;D  Maybe a comfortable pair of shoes, but only if she stuffs socks and panties in them  ;)
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

charlie

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2007, 09:55:18 PM »

nice bag, looks like it fits better then the tbag.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2007, 10:26:26 PM »

Got my bag today and will pack it up and carry it on the 9 day trip we are about to embark on.  The bag is nicely made...nice Codura Nylon on the exterior and a slick nylon on the interior.  Nice fit on the TP rack....width is perfect.  With the bag sitting towards the seat side of the rack, it sits about 3 inches behind the passenger backrest, maybe a bit less.  Straps work very well and once adjusted are literally a snap to get on and off.  Bag is not rigid, but holds it shape with some dense foam (ensolite...stuff they make sleeping pads out of for camping) and provides a nice cushion between things in the bag and the TP rack.  I think this bag will be the ticket...full report when we return. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2007, 10:50:58 AM »

OK, here we go again...just ordered the medium bag for the Ultra....When will it stop?
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2007, 01:17:37 PM »

Got my bag today and will pack it up and carry it on the 9 day trip

Gee, I suddenly seem to have lost interest in a bag to fit on the pillion in front of the tour pak.  That had seemed like a good and convenient idea too.  Maybe OCD actually fades a bit or wears off?  Could it be.....  :nixweiss: ?

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2007, 09:21:35 PM »

Gee, I suddenly seem to have lost interest in a bag to fit on the pillion in front of the tour pak.  That had seemed like a good and convenient idea too.  Maybe OCD actually fades a bit or wears off?  Could it be.....  :nixweiss: ?

Kiss my... ;D

I glad we could help spend your money though.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2007, 09:33:56 PM »

Kiss my... ;D

I glad we could help spend your money though.

Unfortunately OCD isn't dead AJ.  It just rides the detours.  Got a big multi colored brochure in the mail today from you know who.  Mine has about everything on it they could offer that I'd be interested in.  Except.....

There's a very cool lid organizer.  Kind of the large economy version of what we do inside the tour pak lids.  And a tubular rear bumper I really like the looks of.  The hitch is already on the way.  But I may have to call them back Monday.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2007, 10:20:09 AM »

OK, here we go again...just ordered the medium bag for the Ultra....When will it stop?

On the 02 RK it stopped after about 2 years for the most part.  Now its just replacing stuff that's old or busted - need a new passenger board since the rubber is shot on one side, and getting a new windshield since the old one (OE) is scratched up.  May get it painted someday - no hurry though.

With the Jester I noticed the mods were more to do with comfort and less to do with shiny bling bling.  Occasionally I see something purty and reach for the phone and credit card simultaneously but a little voice inside my head says - its just shiny, never mind.  So far I have listened to it instead of the other chrome shiny bling bling voices who are legion.......

Bike trailers are nice but since my BSR can pack as well as I can and we don't mind laundry on the road, doubt a trailer is in my future.  Should never have posted that since, well, you know....  :huepfenjump3:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2007, 10:25:36 AM »

On the 02 RK it stopped after about 2 years for the most part.  Now its just replacing stuff that's old or busted - need a new passenger board since the rubber is shot on one side, and getting a new windshield since the old one (OE) is scratched up.  May get it painted someday - no hurry though.

With the Jester I noticed the mods were more to do with comfort and less to do with shiny bling bling.  Occasionally I see something purty and reach for the phone and credit card simultaneously but a little voice inside my head says - its just shiny, never mind.  So far I have listened to it instead of the other chrome shiny bling bling voices who are legion.......

Bike trailers are nice but since my BSR can pack as well as I can and we don't mind laundry on the road, doubt a trailer is in my future.  Should never have posted that since, well, you know....  :huepfenjump3:

Yeah but iski, you can never have enough HP or performance mods! (right Chip?) ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2007, 10:40:22 AM »

Yeah but iski, you can never have enough HP or performance mods! (right Chip?) ;) Hoist! 8)

Hoist - told myself prior to getting this 110 (still an 07 although for a day it appeared to have been an 08  :2vrolijk_21: )that if the motor cratered for any reason, I would do some mods.  From what I had been reading here this winter, it appeared almost likely.  So far, nuttin'. S'ok.

Will rebuild the RK someday when it needs it - still going strong at 50k.

A hundred years back both would have been stoked and stroked and I would be spending lots of time keeping them running and tinkering and stuff.  Don't go as fast I used to, but still like to ride fast.  Admire the bikes with power mods and love to watch 'em go though.   :pepper:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2007, 10:51:34 AM »

Hoist - told myself prior to getting this 110 (still an 07 although for a day it appeared to have been an 08  :2vrolijk_21: )that if the motor cratered for any reason, I would do some mods.  From what I had been reading here this winter, it appeared almost likely.  So far, nuttin'. S'ok.

Will rebuild the RK someday when it needs it - still going strong at 50k.

A hundred years back both would have been stoked and stroked and I would be spending lots of time keeping them running and tinkering and stuff.  Don't go as fast I used to, but still like to ride fast.  Admire the bikes with power mods and love to watch 'em go though.   :pepper:

Yeah, I said the same thing. But I can't seem to outgrow it! My childish need for speed has followed me my whole life. Can't seem to shake it, nor do I want to. I enjoy the thrill too much. Not ready to slow down yet. It keeps me young. Peter Pan's an old pr*ck! I'll never grow up!!! ;D Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2007, 10:58:35 AM »

Yeah, I said the same thing. But I can't seem to outgrow it! My childish need for speed has followed me my whole life. Can't seem to shake it, nor do I want to. I enjoy the thrill too much. Not ready to slow down yet. It keeps me young. Peter Pan's an old pr*ck! I'll never grow up!!! ;D Hoist! 8)

:huepfenjump3: :pepper: :huepfenjump3: :pepper:

Hell yeah!  No reason to grow up.  If I had a track anywhere around to play on it would be a helluva lot more fun.  I-10 is a flat slab for miles but the Florida HP keeps the bikes with HP & the cages with HP (got a couple of cages that run ok) somewhat subdued due to multiple radars.  I need to keep my D/L so its just occasionally that I air it out now, instead of each and every trip. 

Tinkerbelle has a cute a$$ but I was never much into fairies.  ;D

REGGAB

« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2007, 02:06:24 PM »

My Dad gave me one of those King Tour Pak Duffle Bags........which technically doesn't fit the Tour Pack rack on the SEUC.  I made it fit, and it works well.  I'm glad I hung onto it and made it work.  I can stuff alot of stuff in that thing.

ICMCGeezer

• Grateful to Be Ridin' Clean
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2007, 03:44:38 PM »

Thanks once again to the members of the CVO website! Hey, I've been looking for a tour pack bag to fit the weird rack on our beloved scooters.
Seems like a few of you are hittin' the road soon.
Please ride safe, and if you would, report back on the performance of the product (good, bad, the ugly, etc.).
I'm ready to order!
Thanks Again to you all.
ICMC Geezer.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 24 queries.