Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 37

Author Topic: Dealer Can't Handle Hoist's Abuse Either!  (Read 71286 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Dealer Can't Handle Hoist's Abuse Either!
« Reply #105 on: July 04, 2007, 06:47:24 PM »

July 4th.....

HAPPY 4th to everyone......

Hoist.....

Here is my take on this.....first of all you are an excellent communicator......and it's obvious that you are passionate about riding....I throughly enjoy reading your posts....because you are willing to provide detail and descriptions....No one wants to see anyone have a bad experience with their ride....it's a very isolating experience....and to know you are down with your bike during the time of year when riding is available to us all is disheartening....but on the other hand....because this has happened to you...the positive is that we all can read about what your experience has been like....and to that end you have benefited us all....So personally I thank you for being as "detailed" and informative as you are....I might add you are quite entertaining as well....

In my opinion, this entire situation couldn't have happened to a better person....many will learn from your experience...I really see the benefit to many.....and yet like I said....I feel bad that you are going through it....but if I was running that 110 engine I would be very interested in your experience....heck I am interested in it now and I don't even own one.....

Anyway I just wanted to say thanks for everything you are offering with your experience....

Happy 4th to all

Regards,

FXR2evo99

Thanks so much for the kind words FXR. It makes my heart soar like an eagle! Yes, it's a well know fact how passionate I am about this. And I'm extremely vocal and don't sugarcoat anything! My intentions, as you picked up, are to educate, learn, entertain and sometimes vent about all the deficiencies of these new CVO's. Don't mistake kindness for weakness. I will not tolerate HD holding back perfecting my dream Road King!!! I know most of the things this bike needs. For me, anyway! And I'm happy to share all my experiences, both good and bad, for the benefit of others. If the things I go thru prevent others from having similar frustrations, I feel even better. The MoCo, aftermarket vendors and Service outlets are not spared anything. If you're good, you got my endorsement. If you suck or screw people, you'll bear the wrath of Hoist for all the world to hear! But believe me FXR, my bike will be everything I want it to be before my trip to Hot Springs in Sept! Thanks again for your gracious post. That's the reason I love to contribute so much!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2007, 08:29:23 AM »

Howie , I hope you a good 4th in the Big City.....I have picked up a few diddies from your posts and enjoy the verve...Keep at it, I am sure the bike will be the nuts....I'll need your advice once I grenade mine.  Have you looked at Wood cams yet? 

Miker

REGGAB

« Reply #107 on: July 05, 2007, 10:04:14 AM »

Howie , I hope you a good 4th in the Big City.....I have picked up a few diddies from your posts and enjoy the verve...Keep at it, I am sure the bike will be the nuts....I'll need your advice once I grenade mine.  Have you looked at Wood cams yet? 

Miker

Hey Miker............I've been trying to steer him in that direction......although indirectly.  Rod's Perfromance in Hanceville, AL is teamed with Woods and their Knight Prowler cams.  I'm still doing my homework, but I really do like the work I've seen come out of that shop.  Great Stuff!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #108 on: July 05, 2007, 10:19:44 AM »

Guys, I went a different direction with the cams. I'm trying a custom cam suited for this engine. We'll see how it tests out, before putting out any info on it. Trying a couple of other slick things too. If it all works out, I'll let ya'll in on it! ;) Maybe! ::) Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #109 on: July 05, 2007, 12:04:18 PM »

Howie said "Y'all"....heh...hehheh....heh.  I'll wait for his verdict before I commit to any cams set or whenst I blow mine up.  Peas, out peeps.

Miker

CHD Eric

« Reply #110 on: July 07, 2007, 03:48:30 PM »

Wish you were closer.
Our resident engine expert is making almost 100hp/100lb-ft (at the wheel) out of stock 88" motors with intake, full exhaust, sert, stock cam and head work. Once we get production in motion look for our custom worked tc heads on our site. (Or just stop in and talk to Mike about head work if you're close)

Oh yeah and our owner hates to hear a service customer walked without getting work done. You should have heard him the Saturday no service writers were here until 20 minutes after we opened and people couldn't get an oil change first thing in the morning.
No I don't own one, too expensive. But hey wanna buy a part cheap I'm the guy.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #111 on: July 07, 2007, 03:53:12 PM »

Wish you were closer.
Our resident engine expert is making almost 100hp/100lb-ft (at the wheel) out of stock 88" motors with intake, full exhaust, sert, stock cam and head work. Once we get production in motion look for our custom worked tc heads on our site. (Or just stop in and talk to Mike about head work if you're close)

Oh yeah and our owner hates to hear a service customer walked without getting work done. You should have heard him the Saturday no service writers were here until 20 minutes after we opened and people couldn't get an oil change first thing in the morning.

Where are you, in case I grebade mine.

Miker

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #112 on: July 07, 2007, 03:57:22 PM »

Wish you were closer.

I wish I had a dealer around here like that. I'm trying a new one that I hear is good. This is the most frustrating part of owning these things. But you gotta go where your bike's gonna get the best care regardless, and not get too hung up on the w.....ty hook! Sometimes it's just easier to pay, go where you want, and do what you want to do! ;) Hoist! 8)

CHD Eric

« Reply #113 on: July 07, 2007, 05:30:01 PM »

Where are you, in case I grebade mine.

Miker

Chicago Harley (I'm the "hey does this fit?" guy in the internet dept.) I don't want to advertise too much on here in the event somebody gets their feathers ruffled and I get tos'd. I have a few customers on here I know about (I'm tc2728's supplier of his fix every time H-D has a new color CVO Bagger  ;) )

Every dealer has their downside, ours is not having stuff in stock (International mailorder means we are always in season and can't keep stuff on the shelves).

These guys have to remember that bad service will close a shop.
No I don't own one, too expensive. But hey wanna buy a part cheap I'm the guy.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #114 on: July 07, 2007, 05:39:45 PM »

Chicago Harley (I'm the "hey does this fit?" guy in the internet dept.) I don't want to advertise too much on here in the event somebody gets their feathers ruffled and I get tos'd. I have a few customers on here I know about (I'm tc2728's supplier of his fix every time H-D has a new color CVO Bagger  ;) )

Every dealer has their downside, ours is not having stuff in stock (International mailorder means we are always in season and can't keep stuff on the shelves).

Eric,
Your store has already been recognized here as one of the H-D stores that offer 20% discount (see this post - Vendor, Mftr or Support Points of Contact) I along w/many others on this forum have purchased from Chicago H-D before. The discounts that are are offered are appreciated. Thanks.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #115 on: July 07, 2007, 10:09:13 PM »

Nice to see a dealer rep stick his head in and make it known.  Thanks Eric.  I'd bet a bunch of us have bought a lot of parts at your shop.  I certainly have. 

The fair prices get me in the door.  The easy to use online order process is a big plus.  The only bitch (and it's occasionally been a real one) is the guys and gals that handle the internet orders were born without the "follow-up gene." 

If things go great it's really great.  Smooth like butter.  But if there's a backorder or some other issue they don't let you know and it can be hard as hell to drag information out of them.  Having a rep say "it's  xxxx's order" doesn't help.  We didn't buy from XXXX or YYYY.  We bought from the company.  Most of the time things work great.  On those rare occasions they don't, however, it'd just be nice if information handling and retrieval was a little easier than it is.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #116 on: July 07, 2007, 10:53:27 PM »

Here's a guy that takes the time to log on and chat with us. Eric, job well done! I wish I had employees that took the initiative that you have. Your boss should be proud to have dedicated people like your self. I have bought items from your company in the past but you have solidified my future purchasing decisions.  :2vrolijk_21:

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #117 on: July 08, 2007, 09:39:36 AM »

Howie said "Y'all"....heh...hehheh....heh.  I'll wait for his verdict before I commit to any cams set or whenst I blow mine up.  Peas, out peeps.

Miker

Its them dam grits I tell ya.

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #118 on: July 08, 2007, 11:25:02 AM »

Well let's try this again. Just spoke to the SM at the new dealer I'm trying. As I said, I've known him for a number of years. And he has a good engine guy working there too. We shot the chit and caught up on things. I went thru everything with him. My issues with the bike, my old dealer, and the 110's in general. None of that, "I don't know what you're talking about" chit. He's aware of the issues and has also replaced 110 engines there. He's sympathetic to the problems and is on board to work with me to get my bike right. I'm dropping it off there next Sunday. The first thing they'll do is check crank runout. If it's OK we'll proceed with the top end and cams. If not, it's decision time. Do I split the cases regardless of what HD wants to do, and do the Timkin & welded flywheels, at my own expense? Or take a new engine, with more of the same issues, from HD for free? This will be a tough call. One that I'm hoping I don't have to make. I'm hoping the bike won't be there for more than a week. One step at a time, but I'm feeling better about these guys ability to get the job done correctly. We'll see how this goes. At least there's hope now! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #119 on: July 08, 2007, 11:51:06 AM »

Well let's try this again. Just spoke to the SM at the new dealer I'm trying. As I said, I've known him for a number of years. And he has a good engine guy working there too. We shot the chit and caught up on things. I went thru everything with him. My issues with the bike, my old dealer, and the 110's in general. None of that, "I don't know what you're talking about" chit. He's aware of the issues and has also replaced 110 engines there. He's sympathetic to the problems and is on board to work with me to get my bike right. I'm dropping it off there next Sunday. The first thing they'll do is check crank runout. If it's OK we'll proceed with the top end and cams. If not, it's decision time. Do I split the cases regardless of what HD wants to do, and do the Timkin & welded flywheels, at my own expense? Or take a new engine, with more of the same issues, from HD for free? This will be a tough call. One that I'm hoping I don't have to make. I'm hoping the bike won't be there for more than a week. One step at a time, but I'm feeling better about these guys ability to get the job done correctly. We'll see how this goes. At least there's hope now! ;)

Hoist! 8)

This has become such a bigger task then when you started.  See if I can remember all that's getting done.  Roller rockers, fixing the leaks, new speedo, cams, Screamin Eagle accessory fariing and radio, heads, pistons, SE accessory lower fairings (with vents), and I just don't remember what all else.  Sweet  :2vrolijk_21: .
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 37

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 24 queries.