Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: FLHRSE3 Seat  (Read 10075 times)

RGL

• FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '07 FLHRSE3
FLHRSE3 Seat
« on: July 07, 2007, 02:37:49 PM »

Hello - I'm in the middle of a trip from Portland, Oregon to Reno, Nevada - first long haul on the '07 FL. I'm starting to think that a different seat may be in order. I'd be interested in everyone's thoughts on after market seats for long distance touring. I need something that is either two-up or solo with an add on passenger pad. Thanks.

javascript:void(0);
2vrolijk_21

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: FLHRSE3 Seat
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 02:51:20 PM »

I've been waiting to hear from Corbin for a while. They said they were waiting on getting their hands on a 07 for the new fitments issues of the serk, I just have not ridden up to Dtona shop (because the seat is not comfy for the trip), no news yet...I think I'll bug them again...
Miker

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 02:52:11 PM »

Hello - I'm in the middle of a trip from Portland, Oregon to Reno, Nevada - first long haul on the '07 FL. I'm starting to think that a different seat may be in order. I'd be interested in everyone's thoughts on after market seats for long distance touring. I need something that is either two-up or solo with an add on passenger pad. Thanks.

2vrolijk_21

No question, the SERK3 definitely needs a new seat. I don't mind the RK studded look and have matching saddleguard bags (I have saddlebag guards on) and passenger backrest for it. So I just ordered the HD Sundowner Deep Bucket seat (P/N 51617-99C). I've had an older RK Touring Bucket for years and loved it. It's shot now so I figured I'd try this. It's got a good rep and it's only $235! I'll let ya'll know how I like it after I try it. ;) Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 03:10:44 PM by Hoist »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 03:29:59 PM »

No question, the SERK3 definitely needs a new seat. I don't mind the RK studded look and have matching saddleguard bags (I have saddlebag guards on) and passenger backrest for it. So I just ordered the HD Sundowner Deep Bucket seat (P/N 51617-99C). I've had an older RK Touring Bucket for years and loved it. It's shot now so I figured I'd try this. It's got a good rep and it's only $235! I'll let ya'll know how I like it after I try it. ;) Hoist! 8)

Seats...some of us are, I don't know....ass challenged, as in; my sizable toukus challenges every seat.  My old RK 2 up seat works OK, just looks funny.  I'm after the solo with toilet seat backrest, someday I hope.  The Duc is almost more comfy, almost.

Miker

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 07:21:41 PM »

Hello - I'm in the middle of a trip from Portland, Oregon to Reno, Nevada - first long haul on the '07 FL. I'm starting to think that a different seat may be in order. I'd be interested in everyone's thoughts on after market seats for long distance touring. I need something that is either two-up or solo with an add on passenger pad. Thanks. Mustaln seats just can't be beat. had three differnt bikes and changed to mustang on all 3 . 100 % improvement billy

2vrolijk_21
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

pete.cpa

• CVO1: 07 SERK Black Ice
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 10:58:11 PM »

I replaced the stock 07 SERK seat with a sundowner from H-D. Awesome seat and driver backrest did not have to be replaced. :orange:

Rooster452

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 SERK
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 02:58:24 PM »

I've got the sundowner from HD. Much better than the stock seat for me and the Mrs. Highly recommend.

Rooster452

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 03:07:41 PM »

That's great to hear guys! :2vrolijk_21: Looking forward to trying it! Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RGL

• FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2007, 03:34:46 PM »

Got back from Reno yesterday. Put 1400 miles on the stock seat. It was feeling better towards the end of the trip but I attribute that to a numb a$$. I'll defintely be checking into another seat option - I like the sounds of the Sundowner and being able to use the stock backrest. Thanks for the feedback.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2007, 04:41:54 PM »

I cain't figgur why I would but a hd seat to replace a hd seat?  Are they saying we sold you a 30k bike with a chite seat and it'll only cost $xxx to git er dun?  I'll give my dough to someone else...Aholes to the max they are.  Sorry for the rant...I am better now..Time for beer and stogies....and my CORBIN! If I live long enough to see it.

Miker

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2007, 07:25:44 PM »

At 6'2", I like the tallboy seat. I have it on the glide and just ordered it for the Serk. That extra reach makes a big difference for me.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2007, 07:40:16 PM »

I cain't figgur why I would but a hd seat to replace a hd seat?  Are they saying we sold you a 30k bike with a chite seat and it'll only cost $xxx to git er dun?  I'll give my dough to someone else...Aholes to the max they are.  Sorry for the rant...I am better now..Time for beer and stogies....and my CORBIN! If I live long enough to see it.

Miker

Hey mike, I usually like HD seats in general. It's the seat on the SERK that sucks. The other HD Touring RK models are pretty decent. I had my last RK Touring Bucket 9 years. Took it from bike to bike. It was great. For $260, the Sundowner's worth a shot. With my standard looking black-studded Road King seat/backrests, and the Hard Bags, we'll call it the UNSERK! ::) ;D Hoist! 8)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2007, 08:34:56 PM »

Man, the seat that came on my Anny RK was a tourture device.  When you can bend the seat pan in your hands it can't be a good thing.

For each man' s tush be unto its own....Ahhhhmen. 

Miker

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2007, 06:40:31 PM »

Extra comfy pillow look seat for me and the missus.

I bought this in a clearance sale about a year ag for less than a hundred bucks so I think it will be doing some long haul service for me over the next couple of years.

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 09:42:07 PM »

I guess today is unofficially "Seat Day" on the ole CVOHarley site. Every other post seems to be about seats. So us SERK guys need a seat post (not the one on the 4-speeds! ::) ). I received my Sundowner Touring Bucket today. I'll get you guys a pic tomorrow or Sat. This thing looks even nicer than the HD Touring bucket I've been using since '99 on my RK's. I think this seat will do the trick. And like I said earlier, how could you go wrong at only $250, brand friggin' new! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 24 queries.