Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Can you ride with no hands?  (Read 6990 times)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: Can you ride with no hands?
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2007, 09:45:08 AM »

Howie rides with no hands all the time.  How do you think he gets any riding time in and maintains his high post count here?  Now if he can only figure out how to mount a camera to the front of his SERK so he can see where he's going without taking his eyes off of the laptop sitting on the tank. :huepfenlol2:
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2007, 09:47:17 AM »

Howie rides with no hands all the time.  How do you think he gets any riding time in and maintains his high post count here?  Now if he can only figure out how to mount a camera to the front of his SERK so he can see where he's going without taking his eyes off of the laptop sitting on the tank. :huepfenlol2:

You'd never be able to handle the post count then Charlie! ::) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

vagabond6542

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2007, 12:52:39 PM »

I have noticed that I can not ride with no hands for a split second. I thought the bike should be able to run  a straight line a 50 miles per hour on a good road. Not that I will plan on this but  I question is the bike aligned right. I have seen people ride for some distance like this. My bike tends to move the right no matter which lane or where I'm at in the tire tracks.  Just wondering if this is normal? Thanks Billy

Billy,
You need to check the rear axle alignment to the swingarm pivots. It only take about a 1/16 of a inch misalignment to drive the bike to the left or to the right. Wish you luck.
 :2vrolijk_21: :drink:
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 03:17:32 AM by vagabond6542 »

kazumdgc

• Senior CVO Member
  • Only Way to GO!
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2007, 10:21:15 AM »

I only ride with no hands after I have been drinking. Then I can't tell if its me or the bike leaning to the left or was that right. A :drink: :drink:ctually mine tracks perfect

rlavigna

• Elite CVO Member
  • FKA: Rich07

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: '07 SERK (retired)
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2007, 12:05:38 AM »

Not a good influence on me...ever since reading this thread I have found myself riding with the cruise on without hands a few times.  The bike tracks straight as on arrow and can take slight turns with a little lean. 

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2007, 02:14:49 PM »

Mine drifts left unless I reposition my weight to the right side of the seat, it's been this way since day 1. I still have the stock tires but I will be changing those out soon, considering switching to Metzlers since I have read countless posts on the high quality and improved ride of these tires.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2007, 02:18:29 PM »

Might check alignment between the two wheels, could be off just a bit, or maybe the tires will clear it up.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2007, 04:06:42 PM »

I can, but why would I want to? :nixweiss:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2007, 07:08:31 PM »

Billy,

Lots of good ideas listed so far, let's recap some of them:

3.  Alignment - not only horizontal but vertical as well.  Need some special tools for this, have a shop check it in conjunction with the head bearing fall away check.

Jerry

Let me know if you ever find a tool for this. HD nor anyone else will sell you one. I did hear that after market companies are on the verge of releasing some soon (if not already) though.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2007, 07:24:50 PM »

Oh yeah............... my SECUSE flys straight. My stock Road Glide veers left. :2vrolijk_21:

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2007, 03:57:29 PM »

Anyone else steer with their knees?

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2007, 04:06:29 PM »

Anyone else steer with their knees?

Yeah, an old dirt bike habit. :2vrolijk_21:

Used to ride them for miles with no hands, sometimes with my feet on the bars.

Noticed the SEULTRA had a different 'feel' when riding with no hands than the RK.  Heavier, higher gravity center perhaps. Both track straight as an arrow and make easy turns very well.

I may try riding with no hands and no feet, but that might require my riding with no head and not sure I am ready to commit to that just yet.  :huepfenlol2:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2007, 04:08:28 PM »

You'd never be able to handle the post count then Charlie! ::) Hoist! 8)

I figured your bike had a setting that allowed you to hit 'post' every time you downshift so you can split lanes in 5th instead of 6th.    ;D
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

jfscheck

• Senior CVO Member
  • also known as Da' Bear...
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2007, 10:35:58 PM »

Not that it has not already been said - but if you can't ride with your hands off of the bars then you have an issue...

:soapbox:
John "JFScheck" Scheck
H-D Screamin' Eagle CVO Electra Glide Ultra Classic in Autumn Haze & Vivid Black
"Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead."

SEEG Geezer

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2007, 11:27:07 PM »

My 2006 SEEG veers a little to the right when I'm at about 60MPH with the cruise on and no hands on the hadle bars.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 24 queries.