Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: LETS SEE YOUR BIKES AND TRAILERS. PULL BEHIND!!!  (Read 42854 times)

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
Re: LETS SEE YOUR BIKES AND TRAILERS. PULL BEHIND!!!
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2008, 12:11:15 PM »

other side

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2008, 12:11:57 PM »

Thanks for all the feedback after resurrecting this thread. Now the decision in my mind is single wheel or two wheel. The sw's seem narrower and perhaps more maneuverable in traffic. The tw'ers will pack more stuff. Any thoughts on this issue? Doc

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2008, 12:12:56 PM »

I miss the rig, traded her in with 186k on the dial!
But I love my new Duracell!

Griz,

Great looking American Legend Trailer.  I've always like them.  I really like the Harley-look fenders and lights.

Wow, 186k on the old Ultra.  What year was it....2001?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2008, 12:19:19 PM »

Thanks for all the feedback after resurrecting this thread. Now the decision in my mind is single wheel or two wheel. The sw's seem narrower and perhaps more maneuverable in traffic. The tw'ers will pack more stuff. Any thoughts on this issue? Doc

Doc, having seen inside of Mike White's N-Line trailer it "looked" much bigger than their stated 11 cubic foot capacity.  Really think that could be an understated measure they provide as find it hard to believe it's only half the volume of my Roadstar.  Whatever it is, however, it will hold a lot of stuff.  If I'd not found the Roadstar at such a bargain on the used market the N-Line was going to be my likely first choice when beginning to research new equipment.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2008, 12:23:24 PM »

Doc, having seen inside of Mike White's N-Line trailer it "looked" much bigger than their stated 11 cubic foot capacity.  Really think that could be an understated measure they provide as find it hard to believe it's only half the volume of my Roadstar.  Whatever it is, however, it will hold a lot of stuff.  If I'd not found the Roadstar at such a bargain on the used market the N-Line was going to be my likely first choice when beginning to research new equipment.

I'm impressed with the N-line also, but like you said used one's are very rare in any flavor Doc

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2008, 12:48:37 PM »

So, not that I will get one but my curiosity has perked.
1 one wheeler - how difficult is it to move around when off the bike?

Balance an issue?

Does it have a kickstand when unhitched?

When it is loaded, do you find it difficult to maneuver around unhitched?

Do you have to go uphill to get into your garage?

If the trailer weighs (just guessing here) 50-100 pounds plus 50 pounds of "stuff" I was wondering what it is like to balance that. Do you get a "free water effect"?

Those with 1 wheelers, ever had it "lay over" while wheeling it around?

I like the way the 1'rs look, rolls right along with the "in-line" bike look
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2008, 02:07:21 PM »

So, not that I will get one but my curiosity has perked.
1 one wheeler - how difficult is it to move around when off the bike?

Balance an issue?

Does it have a kickstand when unhitched?

When it is loaded, do you find it difficult to maneuver around unhitched?

Do you have to go uphill to get into your garage?

If the trailer weighs (just guessing here) 50-100 pounds plus 50 pounds of "stuff" I was wondering what it is like to balance that. Do you get a "free water effect"?

Those with 1 wheelers, ever had it "lay over" while wheeling it around?

I like the way the 1'rs look, rolls right along with the "in-line" bike look

Porthole, Look at the pics on this website and find the answers. The hitch and the "training Wheels" make sense out of all this. Doc 

n-line.com

70_GTX

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2008, 03:50:08 PM »

I have pulled the Newline trailer since 2005 and still think it is the best way to go. There are occasions when it feels like there is more effort to get the whole rig upright but not always.
 When we went to the GTG at Cripple Creek, there was another "05" owner with a red Newline that he had put a two-legged kickstand on. It was chromed and looked good and worked good. It was his own design. When the legs were up, it was almost invisible. I just have a three legged stand that collapses flat and I carry in the trailer when I'm on the road.
 Yeah, It's a little tippy feeling when it's not attached to the bike. You have to stay low with it and I always have the stand ready to slide under the frame. I don't know if it helps or not but I carry a short length of chain and a padlock to secure it to the stand and something unmoveable nearby.
 Backing it into the garage is no harder than backing any trailer.
 I don't know what you mean about the "free water" effect but it is really not noticeable when you are pulling it. I like the fact that it tracks in the same track as the bike. When you hit a bump, there is no side to side effect that is common with two wheelers.
 My biggest complaint about the Newline is way it attaches. It does not have a ball, it slides in the receiver and is bolted on. Therefore, you have to carry wrenches and lay down to bolt and unbolt it. It also has a set bolt that must be dealt with. No big deal, just something else to lay on the ground for.  My buddy has a two wheel rig and his is on and off in a flash while I'm getting down to start wrenching.
 You can see pictures of mine in the old gallery section on page two.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2008, 04:00:17 PM »

When we went to the GTG at Cripple Creek, there was another "05" owner with a red

That had to be Mike White. He had it there.  The paint job to match his red SEEG hadn't been done very long at that point.  A buddy of his came to Cripple Creek with him that was the painter.  Mike had that trailer in it's new white trim to MV05, then after paint to CC and MV06.  The trailer didn't come with him to Hot Springs last summer as they came up with truck and trailer.  His bike and trailer rig have covered a lot of miles.

hogasm

« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2008, 04:47:08 PM »

A little comparison to what my uncle tows behind his Road Glide and my old beat up pop up camper

hogasm

« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2008, 04:58:31 PM »

This is the old camper. I still have it and it works great. Doesn't look like much but it gets the job done. Oh yea Twolane I only paid $350 for it in 2003. Has over 50,000 miles on it from me.
A little quick story about this trailer on this trip to Sturgis in 04. My riding buddy Arnold, and I on the morning leaving the Buffalo Chip decided to ride straight home with no stops, 2176 miles. About 20 miles from Wall SD, 2 police cars passed us doing about 120 mph. I decided to fall in behind them and make some time. 1 mile from Wall a coyote ran across the road and into the rear quarter panel of the police car. It started to  helicopter and then BAM!!!! I hit the damn coyote at 120 mph. Well it destroyed many plastic parts on the bike, all on the right side.
If it werent for the trailer I really believe that I would not be here today. It helped keep the bike stable. Arnold was behind me and he said the bike came over a foot off the road, bounced once and then was like nothing happened.
Yes we continued the ride after the police turned around and made me lay on the pavement thinking that the coyote guts all over my body were my guts. Arnold hosed me off with a garden hose and we finished the ride, 2176 miles in 36.5 hours.

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2008, 05:53:35 PM »

This is the old camper. I still have it and it works great. Doesn't look like much but it gets the job done. Oh yea Twolane I only paid $350 for it in 2003. Has over 50,000 miles on it from me.
A little quick story about this trailer on this trip to Sturgis in 04. My riding buddy Arnold, and I on the morning leaving the Buffalo Chip decided to ride straight home with no stops, 2176 miles. About 20 miles from Wall SD, 2 police cars passed us doing about 120 mph. I decided to fall in behind them and make some time. 1 mile from Wall a coyote ran across the road and into the rear quarter panel of the police car. It started to  helicopter and then BAM!!!! I hit the damn coyote at 120 mph. Well it destroyed many plastic parts on the bike, all on the right side.
If it werent for the trailer I really believe that I would not be here today. It helped keep the bike stable. Arnold was behind me and he said the bike came over a foot off the road, bounced once and then was like nothing happened.
Yes we continued the ride after the police turned around and made me lay on the pavement thinking that the coyote guts all over my body were my guts. Arnold hosed me off with a garden hose and we finished the ride, 2176 miles in 36.5 hours.

Brian ....your :zstupid: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: 
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

hogasm

« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2008, 06:38:00 PM »

Brian ....your :zstupid: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: 

Heard that one before Dave.....

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2008, 05:15:52 AM »

That story is stranger than fiction.  It has to be true.  You can't make that ch*t up!  Glad you're still here.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2008, 09:27:17 AM »

And did Kathy "know" all the facts before you posted it on the WWW  :nixweiss:
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 20 queries.