Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: LETS SEE YOUR BIKES AND TRAILERS. PULL BEHIND!!!  (Read 42982 times)

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
Re: LETS SEE YOUR BIKES AND TRAILERS. PULL BEHIND!!!
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2008, 12:28:00 AM »

Just pack his cooler when he isn't looking and try to keep up.

Iski, please stop changing your avatar photo so much it makes me think you're in the Federal Witness Protection Program.....

And we aren't supposed to know.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2008, 12:28:37 AM »

Iski, please stop changing your avatar photo so much it makes me think you're in the Federal Witness Protection Program.....

He at least needs to change the aspect ratio and the Eagle that's in there now.  Makes it look like the bird needs to go to Jenny Craig :huepfenlol2: !

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2008, 12:45:39 AM »

Actually I am in the witless federal program of those who need protection from themselves but don't get it. ;D

And if I understood aspect ratios, I'd change my avatar daily mebbe.  Gotta go Goggle stuff to figure that out........
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2008, 12:50:40 AM »

And if I understood aspect ratios, I'd change my avatar daily mebbe.  Gotta go Goggle stuff to figure that out........

You can't Google an Eagle.  They're protected dammit.  And it'd be gross anyway!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2008, 01:05:44 AM »

You can't Google an Eagle.  They're protected dammit.  And it'd be gross anyway!

There is a website somewhere selling pictures of that, but I've never been there.  Honest.

:)

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2008, 08:37:26 AM »

In combination.

Nice trailer mi amigo Don......Martha has begging me to get one but I have refused her arguments...........she wants to carry the whole closet in the bike >:(

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2008, 09:40:06 AM »

Nice trailer mi amigo Don......Martha has begging me to get one but I have refused her arguments...........she wants to carry the whole closet in the bike >:(

Don's trailer looks great.  Like the SE logo on the side especially.

My wife doesn't really care about a trailer - no reason for me to.  (The old: 'if Mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy' is true).  She can pack down as well as I can - we camped for years.  Plus we ride sometimes with others who have trailers.  They always have empty space & are kind enough to offer it.  Plus they have coolers with cold  :drink: .   

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2008, 10:54:20 AM »

Quote from: Twolanerider link=topic=155een 85.msg318212#msg318212 date=1201064177
This thread came up refreshed.  Like I need an excuse to put up a picture or three.  Or five.

How it started:

Great pics Twolane. :2vrolijk_21: I've been looking for a used one myself and found that website and discussion board. Who would of thunk there would be that much interest in touring trailers. It looks like riders hold on to them cause you don't see too many for sale. Doc

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2008, 11:01:37 AM »

Don's trailer looks great.  Like the SE logo on the side especially.

My wife doesn't really care about a trailer - no reason for me to.  (The old: 'if Mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy' is true).  She can pack down as well as I can - we camped for years.  Plus we ride sometimes with others who have trailers.  They always have empty space & are kind enough to offer it.  Plus they have coolers with cold  :drink: .   

Iski (and Jorge), I used to have no problem being gone for a long time and packing in minimal space.  Quite frankly I'm not even sure know what I must have taken back then.  But gone for weeks on end in nothing more than a duffle lashed down was how it often worked.

As time has passed  there's more stuff I like to have with me though.  Not just clothes either.  Though it is nice to have the electric gear "just in case" and a jacket that might not get hauled otherwise and.... well, you get the picture.  It's other things to though.  I can haul the large camera kit bag.  Several lenses, attachments and film and video bodies.  By itself it completely fills the King tour pak so normally couldn't be taken.  There's room for a tripod now.  And a fuller tool set.  Conveniences.

It doens't get used a lot.  Never have hauled the trailer for a day trip or even a short one night weekender.  But for anything much longer I've become a fan.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2008, 11:07:39 AM »

Great pics Twolane. :2vrolijk_21: I've been looking for a used one myself and found that website and discussion board. Who would of thunk there would be that much interest in touring trailers. It looks like riders hold on to them cause you don't see too many for sale. Doc

Doc, the folks that have them do seem to hang on to them.  A surprisingly small used trade existed; at least when I finally gave in and started looking. 

If considering the Bushtec line the best source for used product was found at an unexpected source.  At the website for the manufacturer.  Yeap, right there as a subset of the place where they sell all their new product.  Their forum is here: http://pub38.bravenet.com/forum/3182522014

Not only does the company tolerate it they support it.  The owner is in there regularly answering questions for potential buyers about the used products (and any other question that comes up) of others.  When searching I took that as a very positive sign for the company's customer service and general outlook dealing with its consumer base. 

That turned out to be right too; at least in my limited experiences with them.  I asked them (phone and email) several questions about the used trailer I was looking at.  They weren't making a sale but took them all willingly and always said something like "good luck and welcome to the Bushtec family."  Then when it was time to buy a hitch and a few other parts they were great and fast to work with.  One of the few vendors that has been an absolute pleasure to work with.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2008, 11:26:51 AM »

Iski (and Jorge), I used to have no problem being gone for a long time and packing in minimal space.  Quite frankly I'm not even sure know what I must have taken back then.  But gone for weeks on end in nothing more than a duffle lashed down was how it often worked.

As time has passed  there's more stuff I like to have with me though.  Not just clothes either.  Though it is nice to have the electric gear "just in case" and a jacket that might not get hauled otherwise and.... well, you get the picture.  It's other things to though.  I can haul the large camera kit bag.  Several lenses, attachments and film and video bodies.  By itself it completely fills the King tour pak so normally couldn't be taken.  There's room for a tripod now.  And a fuller tool set.  Conveniences.

It doens't get used a lot.  Never have hauled the trailer for a day trip or even a short one night weekender.  But for anything much longer I've become a fan.

Don - I understand the logic behind your trailer.  It gives you the ability to take what you want & that adds to those creature comforts that get more important as we become...let's just say more seasoned than we were previously.

I ride sometimes with folks who abhor saddle bags.  So I let them use space in mine if I have any, & most always they are grateful.  But they themselves see no need for bags on their bikes.  As best I can tell, that's the same place I am on bags/TPs vs trailers now.  I like 'em when somebody has one on a trip, but have no desire to put one behind my bike as of yet.

Old days I rode for ? miles/days & never had a change of clothes.  Bedroll maybe.  Jumped in nearby lakes with some soap when I couldn't stand myself anymore or gas station folks gave me that funny "you stink!" look.  Days are long gone - now I take clothes & deodorant even.  ;D

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2008, 11:40:47 AM »

I once said that I would never pull a trailer.....didn't need one.  Wife and I could leave with a small duffel bag and stay gone for a few days just fine.
Then we got a RK with saddle bags.  She met the challenge of filling the saddle bags quickly and then decided we need one of those real nice leather t-bags to go on the luggage rack.....boy, could she pack a lot of HER stuff in that t-bag.
When we bought the 02 Ultra with a tour pak, I thought we could stop taking the t-bag...well, what was I thinking???  She showed me how you can fill the saddle bags, the tour pak, and then you put the t-bag on top of the tour pak.
We finally started pulling a trailer.  Yes, she can fill the trailer (FULL), but the saddle bags and tour pak are now used for the stuff we need handy (jackets, gloves, sun screen, etc.....)  The trailer makes trips easier. ;)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2008, 11:59:25 AM »

Old days I rode for ? miles/days & never had a change of clothes.  Bedroll maybe.  Jumped in nearby lakes with some soap when I couldn't stand myself anymore or gas station folks gave me that funny "you stink!" look.  Days are long gone - now I take clothes & deodorant even.  ;D

Exactly.  For some reason it was ok then to turn the underwear inside out for a few days at at time to keep "refreshing" the clean(er) side; then just throw them away.  Jeans could last for weeks (months!).  Riding in a rain storm washed them nicely.  A duffle and a bed roll kept me gone for literally months when I was a pup a few times.  "Seasoned."  Yeah, that's what we are now....  :huepfenlol2:

We may be old farts but we still ride our motorcycles.

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2008, 12:05:55 PM »

I miss the rig, traded her in with 186k on the dial!
But I love my new Duracell!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 12:09:42 PM by Grizzly »
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2008, 12:09:30 PM »

Here's Mine -- not missing a chance to increase my post count as I'm way behind  ;D

Black and chrome goes with everything  :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 25 queries.