Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10  All

Author Topic: Anyone put the new IDS on a 07 SE ?  (Read 26844 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Anyone put the new IDS on a 07 SE ?
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2007, 08:53:14 AM »

I should be getting my SEUC back from the shop soon....had the rear tire replaced, 5K done, and IDS installed.  I also had to have the automatic latching mechanism in the tour pak replaced, but that was on national back-order. They should have received that on the 12th, so hopefully, the bike will be ready to be picked up when I get back from my business trip.   Will give everyone my impression of the IDS when I pick the bike up.
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

Getting IDS on Friday.  Appears to be well worth the investment.

Latch on my tour pack also failed - apparently there are at least a few of these & the fix for mine was a sawzall & then a new tourpack.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2007, 09:05:32 AM »

Getting IDS on Friday.  Appears to be well worth the investment.

Latch on my tour pack also failed - apparently there are at least a few of these & the fix for mine was a sawzall & then a new tourpack.

I already had the tour pak replaced about 3 months ago, when it was wearing in places where it shouldn't have...I think the tech that installed the tour pak, stripped out the automatic locking mechanism, because it kept falling down and disconnecting everytime I hit a bump.  So they are replacing that under warranty.

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2007, 09:07:31 AM »

Good morning Red, that's exactly what I'm having done to mine this week (except the TP lock).  Mine has 6K and the rear tire is nearly a racing slick.  I'm looking forward to riding it when it comes back.

I had almost 5K on the rear tire, but it still had well over half of it's tread left.  Unfortunately, I took a nail in it, but because I had the tire and wheel hazzard warranty, it didn't cost me a dime to have the tire replaced.  I'm looking forward to riding the bike with the IDS when I get it back too.

2012 FLHXSE3

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2007, 09:08:01 AM »

I already had the tour pak replaced about 3 months ago, when it was wearing in places where it shouldn't have...I think the tech that installed the tour pak, stripped out the automatic locking mechanism, because it kept falling down and disconnecting everytime I hit a bump.  So they are replacing that under warranty.

Locking mechanism froze on mine - no fix so it had to be cut.  Let us know how you like the IDS.  Considering asking the local HD store for a commission on these if it works as well as everyone says it does......  ;D

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2007, 09:09:21 AM »

I'm sure you'll like it!  :huepfenjump3:  Two friends rode mine after I added it, and both were so impressed (as was I!) that they ordered it for their own bikes straight away!

Jim
Jim,
Thanks for the info.  I'm looking forward to riding the bike soon.  I'm sure, based on all the good reviews so far, that I'll be equally impressed with it as you were.

2012 FLHXSE3

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2007, 09:12:12 AM »

Locking mechanism froze on mine - no fix so it had to be cut.  Let us know how you like the IDS.  Considering asking the local HD store for a commission on these if it works as well as everyone says it does......  ;D
LOL, maybe you should.  ;)  Fortunately, my locking mech didn't freeze, it just didn't work... :-\  Hopefully, they'll get it right this time and it will work like it did from the factory...can only wait and see.

2012 FLHXSE3

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2007, 09:16:45 AM »

LOL, maybe you should.  ;)  Fortunately, my locking mech didn't freeze, it just didn't work... :-\  Hopefully, they'll get it right this time and it will work like it did from the factory...can only wait and see.

I really should.  I figure there are more than a few dozen Rineharts & who knows how much chrome riding around on lotsa bikes from folks asking questions on why/how much/do I like this or that.  LOL

Best of luck on the T/P.   :2vrolijk_21:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2007, 02:53:45 PM »

Just rode the Jester with the IDS for the first time.  Smoothed out the ride noticeably especially in first gear/lower rpms/low speed. 

Appeared to smooth out all the shift patterns some as well.  Less surging.  So far so good and the labor was almost free but not quite.   ;D

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2007, 04:45:03 PM »

Just got a call from my dealer and my Jester's finally done...so it looks like I'll be picking it up Friday morning...can't wait to try out the IDS.
cheers :2vrolijk_21:,

2012 FLHXSE3

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2007, 05:54:18 PM »

Picked up the Jester today and got a chance to try out the IDS.  I really like it.  It smoothed out the ride considerably and the lack of torque pulses to the rear wheel is nice.  Normally when I take the initial corner into my neighborhood, I take the corner at about 20 mph.  Before I had to downshift to 1st to smooth the ride out...today, I took the corner in second and it was smooth sailling all the way to the house.  The 5th gear whine is still evident, but not as bad as before, but I really didn't expect the IDS to eliminate gear whine.  Well worth the money to have it installed...I can see why they made it standard on the '08 touring machines.

2012 FLHXSE3

WVULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2007, 11:20:25 PM »

After the IDS, this was the icing on the cake to eliminate 5th. gear whine:

'07 Ultra Classic
Axtell Mountain Motor 107" 
Baisley Stage II Heads
HPI 48 Conversion TB
SE Intake w/Zippers Max-Flow
Rinehart Tru Duals
TTS MasterTune
'08 Brembo Conversion

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2007, 09:22:04 AM »

After the IDS, this was the icing on the cake to eliminate 5th. gear whine:

Although I don't notice the 5th gear whine like a lot of folks do (don't hear so good from the right ear & the Rineharts drown out lots of stuff) but I may just try some of this stuff.  Thanks for posting.

My experience at low speed w/IDS is the same as Red Devil described - he just describes it much better than I do.  Also, I figure it made my bike faster.   Cuz after all the Jester's red and red is the fastest color......  8)

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2007, 09:07:38 AM »

Although I don't notice the 5th gear whine like a lot of folks do (don't hear so good from the right ear & the Rineharts drown out lots of stuff) but I may just try some of this stuff.  Thanks for posting.

My experience at low speed w/IDS is the same as Red Devil described - he just describes it much better than I do.  Also, I figure it made my bike faster.   Cuz after all the Jester's red and red is the fastest color......  8)

True dat bro!    :cherry:
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2007, 09:44:56 AM »

True dat bro!    :cherry:

Zactly!  It's something like 99% proven according to surveys of red bike owners.   :cherry:

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2007, 05:32:01 PM »

I was speaking with a owner of a HD shop and he has said that many of the ISD systems are having troubles with the rubber coming apart.  They do not have a fix fo rit yet. has any one else had this issue
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 24 queries.