Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: 110 Motors  (Read 22348 times)

bpalmersheim

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames
Re: 110 Motors
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2007, 06:24:02 PM »

What is the exact flywheel run-out susposed to be?  How is it measured, I mean where do they measure it, i.e. timing cover, etc..., tools, etc...

My 2007 SERK just started with a horrible vibration when hot, feels almost like a low rider with the front end bouncing off the ground at idle.  And while riding it feels like a wheel out of balance.  It has me worried?

I am getting ready to take her in for service and would like to know what the run-out should be so when they measure it, I know if it is within or out of spec.

2007 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames

United States Army Retired (4x Combat Veteran)
CVMA, H.O.G. Member, Patriot Guard Rider

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2007, 07:24:21 PM »

What is the exact flywheel run-out susposed to be?  How is it measured, I mean where do they measure it, i.e. timing cover, etc..., tools, etc...

My 2007 SERK just started with a horrible vibration when hot, feels almost like a low rider with the front end bouncing off the ground at idle.  And while riding it feels like a wheel out of balance.  It has me worried?

I am getting ready to take her in for service and would like to know what the run-out should be so when they measure it, I know if it is within or out of spec.

I'll post the three pages of a tech tip H-D put out in August concerning the crank runout.  Read it over and what you will find is that they now consider the service wear limit, measured in the cases, to be .012". 

The runout is measured at either shaft, pinion or drive.  On the pinion side (right side), the measurement is taken on the surface that normally runs in the cam plate bushing.  This means you must remove the cam plate for this measurement.  On the drive side, the compensator sprocket must be removed and the reading taken on the splined end of the shaft.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2007, 07:25:00 PM »

Page 2

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2007, 07:25:38 PM »

Page 3

NWbiker

• Full CVO Member
    • OR

« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2007, 07:44:21 PM »

My 07 started acting up at around 8500 miles.  Sounded like the motor was going to come apart.  I took it in after I got back from my trip so I had them do the 10,000 service.  They did a new download at that time that they said had just came out from Harley.  I think they de-tuned it myself.  They also found base gaskets leaking, bad O-rings and a cracked Y pipe with a 1" long crack. 

One thing I thought was interesting was they told me that the 07 SE Ultra did not come with a SE air cleaner and that it was a stock base plate just like all the other bikes.  They did a dyno run on it after redoing everything and reported that the torque was 104 and the HP was 86 which is down from the first time they did it.  The first time was 112 pounds of torque with 93 HP. All that I have done to the bike so far is put a set of V&H oval slip on's on it and a K&N air filter in it after finding the stock one coming apart.
2014 CVO Ultra Limited
2003 Heritage Springer Classic

TroyL

« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2007, 07:48:35 PM »

I just got my 07 SE Dyna back from it's third cylinder replacement.  First was at about 5k.  Second at 11k and this one was at about 12.

I'm trying to get a new engine before something really bad happens.  Any thoughts on what might persuade Moco to do so?

sblade1948

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXDSE
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2007, 07:58:32 PM »

Your dealer should be able to get it done for you. Call Harley and complain yourself also. They offered me a new motor wednesday. Told them to keep that junk.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2007, 08:01:46 PM »

Your dealer should be able to get it done for you. Call Harley and complain yourself also. They offered me a new motor wednesday. Told them to keep that junk.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

sblade1948

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXDSE
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2007, 08:37:48 PM »

Hoist you know where I 'm coming from.Hope to be on the road Tues. Went to 113 ci.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2007, 08:41:13 PM »

Hoist you know where I 'm coming from.Hope to be on the road Tues. Went to 113 ci.

4.06" barrels or 4.5" stroke?

Good luck with it man. :2vrolijk_21:

Who built it? Did you do the Timkin? Inquiring minds man! ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2007, 11:10:21 AM »

was just paging through the Sept. 07 Easyriders mag. they have pics of HD's engine facilities.  they have pics of three different blonde chicks building engines.   Ya think this explains the ills with some of the 110's ???????????

ok,, now I suppose I'll start hearing from all the blonde female members out there.  ( HEY,, I used to be married to one )  now I have a redhead with some smarts. :huepfenlol2:

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2007, 08:38:35 AM »

was just paging through the Sept. 07 Easyriders mag. they have pics of HD's engine facilities.  they have pics of three different blonde chicks building engines.   Ya think this explains the ills with some of the 110's ???????????

ok,, now I suppose I'll start hearing from all the blonde female members out there.  ( HEY,, I used to be married to one )  now I have a redhead with some smarts. :huepfenlol2:

Or maybe that as the motor moves down the line the worker has 50 seconds to do there task.  Kind of like that episode of Lucy (red head) at the the chocolate factory for you old timers.

:mango: :apple:
Any day on the bike is a good day.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2007, 09:31:47 AM »

I can see it now, harleyteam being dragged away by a bunch of blonde's, never to be seen again. ;D

Seriously, it's easy to blame the folks assembling the engines or bikes for the problems, but I can assure you that in most cases the problems are more directly linked to management, not the person screwing things together.  That was true in the auto business, and I'm sure it's the same at the MoCo.  The engine problems seem to be a direct result of management decisions with respect to cost cutting, part sourcing, and design/engineering.  The people putting the heads on the TC96 and TC110, for instance, are probably the same ones who put them on the TC88's.  I don't remember a head gasket leak issue on the 88's.  Same for the heat issues, the crank issues, etc. - all the result of management actions or decisions.

Go easy on the working folks, guys.  They are an endangered species in this country, rapidly being replaced by a horde of underpaid Chinese.  

Jerry

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2007, 11:22:25 AM »

that was intended to be a blonde joke,,,,,,,, it just fit in so well with the 110 issue.

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

TroyL

« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2007, 04:39:44 PM »

So, after the third cylinder, they decided to replace the engine.  I should have it within a week or two. 

Does anyone know if the new engines have been re-engineered at all?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 24 queries.