Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Author Topic: 110 Motors  (Read 22339 times)

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
110 Motors
« on: September 06, 2007, 04:35:00 PM »

Just to get a real feel for this engineering disaster known as the 110

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
Re: 110 Motors
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 06:10:48 PM »

Mine was do to an earlier oil pump failure caused by a machine shaving that made it's way to the oil pump and took it out with 12 miles on the bike.  They fixed the pump and said it was good to go (haha) now it's using oil, and getting hot, and making noise.  So new motor is on the way.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 10:52:50 PM »

Mine was do to an earlier oil pump failure caused by a machine shaving that made it's way to the oil pump and took it out with 12 miles on the bike.  They fixed the pump and said it was good to go (haha) now it's using oil, and getting hot, and making noise.  So new motor is on the way.

I did 100 miles today I will break it in according to the manual then I will ride it like I stole it and DYNO it to see what the new numbers are.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 11:13:09 AM »

Before F&R cylinder replacement, runout was measured at 20 thousands.  Motor on order.

FLHRSE, did you feel it was necessary to call to expedite.  I heard it will be at the dealers in 4 days.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 12:40:40 PM »

Before F&R cylinder replacement, runout was measured at 20 thousands.  Motor on order.

FLHRSE, did you feel it was necessary to call to expedite.  I heard it will be at the dealers in 4 days.

I called the motor company to get the report number and cry foul. Informed them of my experiences with the 110 and uncompensated shop time and the motor was overnighted and yes the Dealership was with me every step of the way. Make sure they stamp your original VIN

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 12:48:18 PM »

Why did they check the runout?  (Good thing they did!)  -Sorry to hear all the problems, but HOPEFULLY the new engine will end it all.  -Steve
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

Gav

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 07- Jester
    • CVO2: 03-flhrci
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 01:00:12 PM »

Was there a reason you checked the runout, or did you just decide to have it checked, I am thinking of having it done with my 10k check.
from what I have been reading I suppose this would be wise
Gav
this ain't your fathers geezer glide

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 01:12:27 PM »

Why did they check the runout?  (Good thing they did!)  -Sorry to hear all the problems, but HOPEFULLY the new engine will end it all.  -Steve

It was at my "suggestion" because it was a huge waste of resources to rebuild the top end of a motor that had potential for early destruction. They agreed. I would have paid for it out of my pocket, and the dealer offered it themselves.  My motor was a real early build if that means anything.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Gav

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 07- Jester
    • CVO2: 03-flhrci
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 01:17:31 PM »

It was at my "suggestion" because it was a huge waste of resources to rebuild the top end of a motor that had potential for early destruction. They agreed. I would have paid for it out of my pocket, and the dealer offered it themselves.  My motor was a real early build if that means anything.

Thats exactally why I ask I have a very early motor and was thinking the same.
Gav
this ain't your fathers geezer glide

BlueFlames

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 flhrse3 blue
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2007, 03:41:14 PM »

My dealer told me on Saturday the the MoCo actually bought back a CVO from one of their customers who had just blown his second engine.  Don't know any more about it than that.  The Dealer put another new motor in it and sold it as a used bike.

Maybe they just got tired of listening to the complaints.   :confused5: :confused5:
"Chrome is like clevage.......too much is not enough"

hafbad0

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 06:05:17 AM »

1200 miles so far and no problems.  I will go in tomorrow for the first service plus add a stage 1 A/C and ECM reflash.  Will report any future problems.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007, 01:35:57 PM »

Hafbad0,

What ecm flash are you referring to?
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

hafbad0

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2007, 06:15:26 PM »

Hafbad0,

What ecm flash are you referring to?

The service manager at the dealership told me that if they installed the K&N A/C, I have already installed the slip-on's, that they would have to remapp my ecm.  One of the mechanic's used the verb reflash.  I guess it means the same as remapp.  Anyway, adjusting the air/fuel ratio.  It really need to be richening up a bit, to dang hot!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2007, 06:19:34 PM »

The service manager at the dealership told me that if they installed the K&N A/C, I have already installed the slip-on's, that they would have to remapp my ecm.  One of the mechanic's used the verb reflash.  I guess it means the same as remapp.  Anyway, adjusting the air/fuel ratio.  It really need to be richening up a bit, to dang hot!

There are no remap flashes for '07/'08's. They have their infamous heat control flash. and supposedly some kind of torque enhancement flash. But you can't get retuned with a flash anymore. Do you have a race tuner in your bike already? If not, they can't make adjustments to your bike that way anymore. Don't let them BS you! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

hafbad0

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2007, 07:03:14 PM »

There are no remap flashes for '07/'08's. They have their infamous heat control flash. and supposedly some kind of torque enhancement flash. But you can't get retuned with a flash anymore. Do you have a race tuner in your bike already? If not, they can't make adjustments to your bike that way anymore. Don't let them BS you! ;)

Hoist! 8)

OK! Thanks for the info.  I will keep very close watch on the mechanic while he is working on my bike.  I will also have them explain to me about the so call remapping when they perform that so call procedure.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 25 queries.