Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Glasses, Advancing Years Sucks  (Read 5318 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Glasses, Advancing Years Sucks
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2008, 08:29:03 PM »

Can you see well enough to find the office at your age?

Visit was actually very odd in its result.  The doc said I had a profound case of Turpis Myopia.  At least now I know why I haven't been able to see you from so far away.

Abbynormal

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 yellow
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2008, 09:51:26 PM »

Those of you who are considering Lasik for vision correction should be sure to check out the possible side effects and problems that have been associated with the procedure. For most people, the procedure is simple, painless, and works very well. However, there are some precautions to consider: dry eyes, and "star bursts" around lights at night are among problems experienced by people I personally know. Just so you know......in health care, you are your best advocate.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2008, 10:16:30 PM »

Ladies and Gentlemen and Others.

LOL, that's funny chit Don. Took me a minute to "get it "

B B

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2008, 09:04:44 AM »

HeHe!!! It beats politics ya old farts!!! ;D ;D ;D :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)
Who ya calling old?  :'( Sometimes it beats the alternative.  :drink: har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2008, 09:12:09 AM »

How does a 3 1/2 year old thread come to life ....Howie?

See some glasses are not so bad afterall...
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2008, 11:39:33 AM »

I have to wear glasses because of I'm nearsighted. So I opted for the Panoptix's. My perscription is a little old cause the P's are 6 or 7 yrs old. But I get them serviced at the end of every riding season. Take em to the local HD dealer and for $25.00 Panoptix replaces the foam around the eye lense and you get a new cleaning cloth. But last year I broke the frames and sent them back, $25.00 later new frames with the old lenses.....................My take on lasik. I would do it in a second. But since it changes your close up vision, So I'm going to wait until I retire. I'm a welder for a living and do not wear glasses under the hood while welding. My wife had the lasik done, she was nearsighted also . And she loves it. The only drawback was she now has to  use the 5 and dime reader glasses to read small print. So that's my take. I don't know if the Lasik corrects farsighted folks yet.  :coolblue:   
Someday's you hit them like Jack Nicklaus and someday's like Jack Ass

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2008, 11:45:34 AM »

Those of you who are considering Lasik for vision correction should be sure to check out the possible side effects and problems that have been associated with the procedure. For most people, the procedure is simple, painless, and works very well. However, there are some precautions to consider: dry eyes, and "star bursts" around lights at night are among problems experienced by people I personally know. Just so you know......in health care, you are your best advocate.

I have worn glasses since I was seven years old. I've worn contacts since I was 15. I have been told I am a good candidate for the surgery but until it is 100% effective and I will never have to go back to glasses ever, ever again then maybe I will do it. A girl at work had it done and it did help her in some areas but she still has to wear glasses for reading and driving. Right now, contacts and glasses work just fine for me.

I wear a full face helmet so I have no need for goggles or sunglasses while wearing it.

Remember, you only get your eyes once.  

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2008, 12:00:26 PM »

The wife gets the dry eyes once in a while but she still is very glad she's done it.
Someday's you hit them like Jack Nicklaus and someday's like Jack Ass
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 20 queries.