Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28

Author Topic: Barry, (displacing air)  (Read 35906 times)

AZSSE

Re: Barry, (displacing air)
« Reply #390 on: December 11, 2008, 12:52:09 PM »

This is the first timeI've seen this thread, and I'm grateful that things are going well, even if slow. I know from personal experience that prayers from this group works, and I'll make sure that he will be included in mine also. Thanks for the updates.

Miss Kitty

• Admiral's Screaming Eagle
  • Full CVO Member
  • Silver Bullet BSR

• CVO1: 09 CUSE {BSR}
« Reply #391 on: January 06, 2009, 07:11:03 PM »

If this is in the wrong area, someone please move it. Thanks in Advance.

I just got a call from Barry. His 18 y/o son Josh had a bad car wreck this morning and is still in surgery. He's got some broke bones in his neck. As of right now, he can't move his legs. Barry sounded really concerned. I tried and give him some confidence that young kids snap out of things like this quicker than us old guys. I can only imagine how he feels.

He asked that the CVO web site members, esp JR, keep Josh in their prayers. Let's pray he has a fast, speedy & full recovery.

Please let Barry know that he and his son Josh are in our prayers. This has to be hard seeing your child injured. My daughter, Kathy was hit by a drunk driver 2002 Memorial Day. Her femur was broke in 3 places and the only thing that saved her was the fact that she was pinned by her dash board. Otherwise she would have bled to death. The drunk driver was an emergency room nurse at a local hospital and had been driving almost 20 miles on the wrong side of the road before she finally caused an accident that took not only her life,( she burned alive while rescuers were trying to extract her from her vehicle), but the lives of 3 other people including a seven- year old boy. I will add him and Josh to the prayer list. Please let us know how they both are doing. God bless.

Miss Kitty

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re: Barry, (displacing air) Josh starts College
« Reply #392 on: January 13, 2009, 05:53:16 PM »

Hi!

Well, yesterday was a big day for Josh. He started college! Yet another hurdle crossed..hallelujah! He did call me in a panic, not being able to find the building where his first class was, but he finally located it and had two classes yesterday and also managed to get back and forth to two buildings and juggle the bookstore in there as well.

He decided to take his wheelchair because he had no idea the distance he would need to cover and he was thankful that he did, as he got quite a workout with his arms pushing himself all over the place! He seemed quite pleased with his efforts when he arrived home and was in very high spirits.

Josh had a real difficult time with school as a youngster through highschool. His graduation from high school was certainly a triumphant day for all of us! So, if you have a moment today, pray that he would experience great success and happiness as he embarks on this new chapter in his life, and recovery. He is pursuing a degree in the computer sciences, something he enjoys greatly and won't have too much of a deficit with his hands.

Vocational Rehab really came through for him big time, giving him all kinds of software for his laptop, voice recognition and a digital recorder for note taking, where he can attach it to his laptop and it digitally downloads the notes of each class onto his laptop. It's truly very amazing technology and we are thankful for the assistance that Robin, our voc. rehab. rep. continues to do for Josh. They also paid for his books, which was a very nice surprise.

Today he has one class, 2 on mon. & wed. and two on thurs. And, in addition to that, he continues to work with Rob at therapy and also go to the gym on his off days of therapy. We are very proud of his efforts and his hard work and tenacious spirit is paying off. He is now walking ONLY with his cane, refusing the walker anymore, so that will be garage saled along with the other things he left behind, a long time ago.

In fact, everywhere I go, people stop me and tell me that they see him at the gym and are amazed at what he is doing there...I'm always soooo happy to hear these reports. And apparently, he is really helping others stick to their new years goals! Imagine that?!

Next week he will be 20 and I'm reminded of the flood of birthday cards he received last year while we were in Atlanta @ Shepherd. Dip n Dots were delivered to the gym and we had a lot of fun. This year, we are FINALLY home and it is so nice. He won't be here for his birthday, as Brittany called me last week and Frazier is doing their national training next week, and of course, they always want Josh there as a patient for the students to work on. He's excited, because they pay him $150.00/day...ka-ching! Off to the Mac House for him to visit with our wonderful friends there, who became like family to us, he's looking forward to this!

Well, that's about it, sorry I've been so long. Have a beautiful day one and all, and thank you Lord for your MANY blessings and miracles in Josh's life :)

Karen

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #393 on: January 13, 2009, 06:01:32 PM »

Thanks for the update that's awesome news. Go get'm Josh!!!

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #394 on: January 13, 2009, 06:52:38 PM »

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Agreed!    :2vrolijk_21:

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #395 on: January 13, 2009, 07:38:44 PM »

Please let Josh know we are praying for him in his recovery and now his new adventure in college.
God bless and go get em Josh! :2vrolijk_21:
Mike
:drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #396 on: January 14, 2009, 06:49:12 PM »

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Yip, what Gary said. What a great young man you have there!
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #397 on: January 15, 2009, 02:01:16 PM »

Thanks for the update mi amigo Roger....Josh: you are doing great... :2vrolijk_21:

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #398 on: January 17, 2009, 09:26:22 PM »

This continues to be an amazing testament of how our Lord works and GOD bless this family.  We raise you up in prayer so that his will be done.

All the best

Cerdo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #399 on: January 18, 2009, 07:13:24 PM »

Let him know that my entire family will have him in our prayers.
Andy

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

Re: Barry, (displacing air)Josh turns 20 this Friday
« Reply #400 on: January 20, 2009, 06:41:59 PM »

Here is the latest from Karen on Josh's progress, he's turning twenty this week:

Hi all,

This is a busy week for Josh, attending classes and maintaining his therapy schedule and fitting in gym time as well. Friday is his 20th birthday and he will be celebrating with his pals in Louisville. After class Thursday morning, he will make the trek to Louisville and be a sample patient for their national training week. He'll head back home on Sunday. The Mac House will be expecting him and Josh will be able to see all the new renovations they have made, since we've been gone. They are excited to have him for a few days.

Cathleen, our Bioness Rep. will be meeting with Josh and Brittany in the gym on Friday. I think Brittany will be happy to see the progress he's made. The walker is officially gone now. In its place is one cane. Josh goes everywhere with that cane and I couldn't be more proud of his efforts and tenacity. After an appt. @ the pain management center today, he and I went to the mall to purchase him some new jeans. He walked the entire distance with his cane. I was reminded of the many trips he and I have taken in other malls, during our journey together, and he always has taken his wheelchair...it's just easier. We are overjoyed with his progress thus far, and as I watched him walk ahead of me, it just seems all so strange somehow. Him walking like an old man at times, yet, this doesn't seem to bother him, he just plods on. For him to be walking at all is just such a miracle and I am well reminded of this.

Please remember him in your prayers, as his neck discomfort and pain is escalating. It is primarily a posture problem, due to the overcompensation he has become accustomed to, to walk. We are going to see Dr. Hadi tomorrow and make sure that he is OK with Josh pursuing some relief at the pain management center. I'll keep you posted on this. But he got instant relief, just stretching his neck, therapeutically. We were sent home with two wedge sponges, one for his neck and one for his lower back. He will do this 3x/day and learned how he should be sleeping and to position his neck a certain way with one of the wedges under his neck. We'll give it a try tonite.

I'm heading off to Boston in a few days, going back to finish the trip I started, the day of Josh's accident. It seems so long ago now, but I'm looking so forward to seeing the snow and enjoying a New England winter. Visiting with old friends and eating some wonderful seafood. I pray all will stay quiet here on the homefront, I can't help but feel some hesitancy, as I think about leaving.

Have a beautiful night and be well, each and every on. Much Love, Karen

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
« Reply #401 on: January 29, 2009, 08:24:24 PM »

what wonderful progress.  continued prayers sent.  PS, plently of snow in the Boston.  Just left there this evening.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #402 on: February 08, 2009, 08:30:54 PM »

Just got a note from Karen.  She visits this page when she can and wanted to thank everyone for their prayers and support for Josh.

Jash is doing great and has come a long way on his journey and has a long way yet to go.  Karen wanted me pass this along, here's a quote directly from her note, "we serve a MIGHTY GOD,  and continue to believe for MUCH!  We are believing that the remaining balance for his Bioness Unit will be paid for IN FULL by our new insurance company.  This is something you can let the CVO faithful know about.  The more we have praying for this, the better!"  

All of our prayers are much needed to help Josh and his recovery.

Here's the latest post from today Sunday, February 8th off the Caring Bridge Site:

Hi Again,

Forgot to tell you. After a good ten days of missed therapy, due to the ice storm...Josh finally made it back to Biokinetics to work out with Rob on Friday. When he returned home, he was really whooped! He walked in the house with no cane, no nothin'. Walked through the Rec Room to the stair that steps up into the kitchen and stood there with a grin on his face. "I said, are you gonna step up there with out holding on?" And sure enough, that's what he did, the first time he has ever done this. Two steps without holding onto anything for balance. And he didn't step up, with one foot and meet it with the other. He stepped up with one foot and took the next step with the other foot. Just like you or I would. Such a simple thing really, you and I wouldn't even think about doing this, but a HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT for Josh. A happy milestone to witness :) Praise Him!

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #403 on: February 08, 2009, 08:42:24 PM »

Just got a note from Karen.  She visits this page when she can and wanted to thank everyone for their prayers and support for Josh.

Jash is doing great and has come a long way on his journey and has a long way yet to go.  Karen wanted me pass this along, here's a quote directly from her note, "we serve a MIGHTY GOD,  and continue to believe for MUCH!  We are believing that the remaining balance for his Bioness Unit will be paid for IN FULL by our new insurance company.  This is something you can let the CVO faithful know about.  The more we have praying for this, the better!"  

All of our prayers are much needed to help Josh and his recovery.

Here's the latest post from today Sunday, February 8th off the Caring Bridge Site:

Hi Again,

Forgot to tell you. After a good ten days of missed therapy, due to the ice storm...Josh finally made it back to Biokinetics to work out with Rob on Friday. When he returned home, he was really whooped! He walked in the house with no cane, no nothin'. Walked through the Rec Room to the stair that steps up into the kitchen and stood there with a grin on his face. "I said, are you gonna step up there with out holding on?" And sure enough, that's what he did, the first time he has ever done this. Two steps without holding onto anything for balance. And he didn't step up, with one foot and meet it with the other. He stepped up with one foot and took the next step with the other foot. Just like you or I would. Such a simple thing really, you and I wouldn't even think about doing this, but a HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT for Josh. A happy milestone to witness :) Praise Him!

This story continues to amaze me...Please continue to pray for this family and I know we will see more amazing results!

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #404 on: February 09, 2009, 07:15:35 AM »

Received a PM from Barry a few days ago, thanking us for our prayers and support. Its working.  :2vrolijk_21:
Barry how about a family picture for us. Cheese.   ;D      :worthless:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28

Page created in 0.24 seconds with 24 queries.