Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28

Author Topic: Barry, (displacing air)  (Read 36314 times)

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
Re: Barry, (displacing air)
« Reply #360 on: June 16, 2008, 06:25:36 PM »

Congratulations Barry, what a great Father's Day present!  Thanks for the updates.
Jim
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #361 on: June 17, 2008, 12:28:21 PM »

Once again, wonderful news and it does my heart so much good to read of these progressive miracles of God. Congratulations to the entire family, and Josh is a hero in my humble opinion! I am happy snoopy dancing across the office! God bless y'all!

Flyndyna
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #362 on: June 17, 2008, 02:10:07 PM »

Barry I know you are almost as thrilled as we are for Josh and your family. Very glad to see Josh continues to progress so wonderfully.
God Bless,
Mark

vagabond6542

« Reply #363 on: June 19, 2008, 12:28:51 PM »

Barry, it is good to know that Josh is continually improving.
Miracles will never cease. May God smile on your family always. :)

George

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #364 on: June 29, 2008, 07:45:00 PM »

Today I was checking Josh's carepage journal and was pleasantly surprised to see He wrote it instead of his mom (Karen). Thought I would share it here for you all. God Bless! :2vrolijk_21:

SUNDAY, JUNE 29, 2008 09:12 AM, CDT 
 Subscribe to journal update notification

About me:
Well lets see...My name is Josh I'm 19 and I am in love with A girl named Audrey Verwers.. We have a beautiful baby boy. His Name is Brody Collin and he is two months old and we love him so much. On the personal side..I'm very outgoing,have fun, type of person..love to just hang out an really just chill...I've got all my hardcore partying days out of my system..I love my friends n family..and of course my dog Riley. But some of you may know..but for the ones that don't. I was in a very very bad car accident on October 18,2007 I was 18 at the time..i lost control of a porscha going about 105 mph.. I went into a Ditch and hitting Two trees..thats when i got ejected from the car flying 20-25 feet breaking my neck at the 5-6 cervical vertebra..pretty much paralizing me from about chest down instanly..also I suffered a broken elbow,two pelvic fractures,broken sternum,T-4 fracture in my back, my left scapula, deep puncture wound to the chest,and perforated bladder. It was almost my last day on this earth, but i was extremly lucky for all the praying and loved ones that stayed by my side, especially my mom who i love with all my heart..even if she dosen't think I do..I'm lucky to have her and to have all of those who have thought of me when I NEEDED it the most...for all those that sent me money,cards,gifts,and prays..I'm deeply thankful for your love and support threw my hard times and my good times..so this is for all my random,close,and biker:) friends and family thank you so much for your prayers,tears,and smiles.. I love you all very much. Love Josh...and to you mom i love you..and i would be lost without your love and compassion..and support. "I love my past. I love my Present. I'm Ashamed of what I've had done, but I'm not sad that it has happened"

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #365 on: July 02, 2008, 09:29:50 PM »

JR,

I missed this post...thanks for copying it...This is an amazing story that continues and I always pray for the better!

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #366 on: July 03, 2008, 08:24:14 AM »

Good to see he continues to improve and great to see his post.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #367 on: July 23, 2008, 06:09:48 PM »

For all that have followed the story of Josh and his recovery, the following post from Karen blew me away;  DRIVING LESSONS now.

Here's the post from the Caring Bridge site:  WEDNESDAY, JULY 23, 2008 05:41 PM, CDT

Hey All,

We are nicely tucked away at the Mac House tonite, having spent a terrible evening at the Holiday Inn last night. Seems, a youth group came in, around midnight, and they were quite a rowdy bunch! They never settled down until four a.m. and we didn't get much sleep. I said something to the manager this morning, and he erased our night's stay for us. Typically, we are rather comfortable over there, but last night, was rather ridiculous.

Josh took another driving lesson today, and he'll have another one tomorrow, before we head home. His last one, will be next Tuesday, when he will be officially signed off. This will be a happy day. I know, how much he is looking forward to this.

Today, we made our way to the gym and caught up with our new friends from New York. Corey and his mom, Heidi. Corey's older brother was there, Derek, and the two of them reminded me so much, of when Chris would come and visit Josh. How much good it did for Josh to be with Chris. Chris is really missing Josh and we are all REALLY missing Chris. It's so hard, but I hope we can get to him soon.

Brittany went over Josh's Re-Evaluation with me. Josh cut in half his time walking with his walker and did the same and then some with the one cane. Last time, he was only strong enough to use two cane's. They also measure how far he can walk in six minutes, with each apparatus, and Josh improved in both areas as well. Going longer distances in the time allotted. Brittany is going to have this all written up for me, so I can take it home and explain it to Barry.

Josh, is using his cane more and more now, which is great to see. In fact, he told me Tuesday morning, he didn't even want to take his wheelchair with him, this trip. I was really stunned by this and we decided to keep it in the trunk instead. I wish now, we had left it home, because I know, he doesn't need it. I think, it's purely a mind over matter thing. However, keep praying for his left leg. It still remains stubborn and it would be wonderful, if it would step as beautifully as the right. Although, there has been so much progress in that left leg, since April.

Well, have a great night. Karen

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #368 on: July 23, 2008, 09:38:38 PM »

AMAZING!  It seems like yesterday when  I was reading the 1st post in this thread and thinking this family really needs a miracle.  Guess what, that's what they got!  Thanks for keeping us all updated Roger.  You're a great friend and I want to be there when you meet Josh and Barry so I can share a tear also!   :2vrolijk_21:
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #369 on: July 28, 2008, 08:51:03 AM »

Great Progress indeed.  Driving lessons?  Who would have thought that? 

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #370 on: July 28, 2008, 05:05:07 PM »

Barry what would be the chances of seeing Josh and of course our CVO Princess, this year in MV.  :nixweiss:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #371 on: July 28, 2008, 05:10:21 PM »

Barry what would be the chances of seeing Josh and of course our CVO Princess, this year in MV.  :nixweiss:

You better plan on it Barry or I'll come up there on my way, throw you and "the princess" in the Bushtec and kidnap y'all. Karen will have to put out an amber alert to keep me from getting y'all to MV. ;D

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #372 on: July 31, 2008, 11:16:53 AM »

Thought I'd pass this on. :2vrolijk_21:

Morning Campers!

Josh is on the trreadmill and I just arrived back at Frazier after getting us checked out from the Mac House. They were able to accomodate us both nights this week, so this was a real blessing.

Well, this is a wonderful day. Josh is officially driving. Nine months post injury, when there didn't appear to be any hope that he'd ever walk again, he is driving with his legs and the use of a spinner ball, attached to the steering wheel, to use while turning, if he needs it. It is there, for ease of turning and this is what he used, during his six sessions of driving with Suzanne. I am reminded yet again, the goodness and greatness of God, sparing Josh's life first, and than giving him back the use of his legs. It's very humbling, and I'm so very thankful. I believe there is a song by this title..."Life is hard, but God is good." That pretty much sums up our lives, these past nine months. There is always something that can be far worse, than what we are experiencing, and we try to keep ourselves focused on the good instead of being overwhelmed by the bad. I am reminded of this every day, as I peer around the gym and see the lives of so many who have been changed by spinal cord injuries. So many of them, not near as fortunate as Josh. And some, with the exact same level of injury and not doing anything he is doing. I don't understand it, but realize how fragile life is and how quickly it passes us by. Every day is a blessing, and today we celebrate with Josh, as he clears, yet another hurdle, down his path of recovery. Josh will make the journey to Louisville by himself starting next week, and he is really looking forward to it.

Brittany, Josh and I had a big talk about his therapy on Wed. Although, he is nearing the completion of the NRN program, she feels he would benefit more, coming out of that and entering a full physical therapy regime. This would include underwater treadmill, weights and numerous other therapy modalities. The NRN cannot be mixed with anything else, as it is a Research project and just treadmill alone. Barry and I will discuss it this weekend, but Josh seems very excited about the change. He's ready to do more challenging things. He even told Brittany, he'll stay M-Th. every week. He's going to have to really step it up a notch! This change won't occur until August 18th.

Josh got checked off and discharged with Rusty today, his OT therapist. He will be sent home, with a regimen of exercises and strength training to start building upper body mass. He made him a new splint for his last two fingers on his left hand, to keep them outstretched. It's something Josh feels comfortable wearing all day long, which is good.

We will be getting in the car to head home in about thirty minutes, and I think Josh is going to drive us home today. I will try and rest my eyes, but not sure if I can. Suzanne told me, that she had a long talk with him about safety and for me to be excited for him and not apprehensive. I will try, and that will be hard for me.

Please continue to pray for his left leg and all the joints in that leg, to flex and extend normally. For his spinal cord at the injury site to be completely healed and his body be fully restored. I don't know how long this will take, the waiting is agonizingly hard, but there is no getting around it. But, in the meantime, today we REJOICE :)!

God Bless, Karen
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #373 on: July 31, 2008, 11:41:14 AM »

Have watched this thread since it's unfortunate beginning.  Have resisted the urge to call Barry many times as the last thing they've needed was an outsider intruding in their all too busy lives.  So stay caught up with the reports here.  Damn what a set of reports it has become. 

Going from a kid near death then almost certainly never able to effectively take care of himself again to now a man that's been through hell and comes out the other side able to drive himself and be able to play with his own kid.  It's something special.  Testament to the entire family.  No one does that alone.

Best wishes to all of you.

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #374 on: July 31, 2008, 05:48:28 PM »

Have watched this thread since it's unfortunate beginning.  Have resisted the urge to call Barry many times as the last thing they've needed was an outsider intruding in their all too busy lives.  So stay caught up with the reports here.  Damn what a set of reports it has become. 

Going from a kid near death then almost certainly never able to effectively take care of himself again to now a man that's been through hell and comes out the other side able to drive himself and be able to play with his own kid.  It's something special.  Testament to the entire family.  No one does that alone.

Best wishes to all of you.

Could not have been said any better Don.  :2vrolijk_21:   Thanks for the update Ed.  :2vrolijk_21:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 24 queries.