Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: ALERT! ALERT! Have you seen this motorcycle?  (Read 9209 times)

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
Re: ALERT! ALERT! Have you seen this motorcycle?
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2007, 10:39:04 PM »

Somewhere on this site there are a bunch of pictures of the bike.  Maybe dOOd can help point out where the thread is...

Scott
Is this the bike Scott?

Here is the thread where Chip was looking for a Road Glide, I was kind of surprised he didn't jump on this one, pic's were from courter. Here's a link.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=16833.15

Roy.....

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2007, 10:41:57 PM »

Thanks Roy. :2vrolijk_21: I was searching for "SERG".

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2007, 10:45:15 PM »

Is this the bike Scott?

Here is the thread where Chip was looking for a Road Glide, I was kind of surprised he didn't jump on this one, pic's were from courter. Here's a link.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=16833.15

Roy.....

Yep - that is it...very clean ride...

Scott
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2007, 12:16:07 AM »

Sorry for the loss of your bike...  There is a beautiful 01 SERG at Wild Boar HD in Grand Rapids, Michigan.  It is not Blue - it is Black/Silver.  It has about 5000 miles on it and I believe it was at around $19000.  The bike belonged to the dealership owner and looks like a new bike.  There is a thread somewhere on the site that has a bunch of photos of the bike.  I saw the bike in person a few weeks ago when traveling thru Grand Rapids and can vouch that it looks like new...  It looks to be substaintally stock with very few add ons or alterations.  If the price isn't too steep, it would be hard to imagine a better example of an 01 around.

later...Scott

Not to nit-pick or take away from the fact that it's a super-clean bike, but just wanted to point out it does have SE heads on it, so some motor modifications have been done.  Also, it has a king tour-pak style backrest pad, passenger floorboards and aftermarket slip-on mufflers.  Still, it's a nice, low-mileage bike and it's tough to be overly choosey when you're looking at something they only made 750 or so of and you're looking for one 7 years after it was first produced. :2vrolijk_21:  But, oh, that price! :o :nervous:  Maybe insurance will pony up?!?

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2007, 12:20:09 AM »

There was also this black/grey one that "FrankD" posted about in the 3rd Part For Sale section of the site on October 22:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=17471.0

It sounds interesting, too.  2-owner, 10,000 mile bike priced at $17,500, near Boston, MA.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2007, 08:22:49 AM »

Not to nit-pick or take away from the fact that it's a super-clean bike, but just wanted to point out it does have SE heads on it, so some motor modifications have been done.  Also, it has a king tour-pak style backrest pad, passenger floorboards and aftermarket slip-on mufflers.  Still, it's a nice, low-mileage bike and it's tough to be overly choosey when you're looking at something they only made 750 or so of and you're looking for one 7 years after it was first produced. :2vrolijk_21:  But, oh, that price! :o :nervous:  Maybe insurance will pony up?!?

I had not noticed the heads...depending on what was done - that could be a good thing (IMO).  I put a king tour pak style backrest on my 01 SERG at my wife's request too.  The passenger floorboards are a plus in IMO also - not that I care - but my wife prefers them, so she gets them....  I sold my 01 black/grey SERG in 05 for $22,500 (with 15,000 miles on it).  It was a spotless clean bike also.  The current owner is still thrilled with the bike.

I have not seen a cleaner 01 for sale since I sold mine - and with those miles - and the fact it is a one owner (dealer owned) bike, you would think it has been well taken care of.  If I was looking to add to the stable, I would inquire about the motor mods.  If the motor mods seemed reasonable, personally, I would jump at the chance to buy it. 

But - to each their own.  I am less hung up on "stock" and more interested in making a bike what I want it to be.  Resale value or "stock" is never much of a consideration for me...   To each their own...

later...Scott
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2007, 09:28:21 AM »

If I came across as implying he should look past this bike because of the mods, or even the price, I apologize.  Everything appears to be tastefully done and clean bikes can/should definitely command a higher price.  I was merely trying to point out some of the things that I noticed in the photo were not stock.

I wish Ripp all the best in locating a replacement SERG.

P.S. To answer a question that Ripp had, the tour-paks did not come with luggage racks stock.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2007, 09:40:00 AM »

If I came across as implying he should look past this bike because of the mods, or even the price, I apologize.  Everything appears to be tastefully done and clean bikes can/should definitely command a higher price.  I was merely trying to point out some of the things that I noticed in the photo were not stock.

I wish Ripp all the best in locating a replacement SERG.

P.S. To answer a question that Ripp had, the tour-paks did not come with luggage racks stock.

Nope - I did not take your response that way at all...  :2vrolijk_21:

I was only giving my perspective on the bike - and pointing out that personally, these modifications are desireable to me.  But I understand that others prefer a stock - less altered bike...and to each his own...  :)

later...Scott
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

courter

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoying the RIDE!!

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon/Silver
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI Purple/Silver Flames
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2007, 04:21:54 PM »

Glad you found the pics... Sorry have not read this in a while.  How are you getting along with your insurance co?  Are they settling yet?  If you need any help with Wild Boar, I'd be glad to do whatever I can.  I talked with them before when S/B was thinking about a RG purchase.  They didn't want to talk to a "mediator" too badly, but Shannon is the sales manager, and she's good to deal with.  It is one of the owner's bikes, so it is considered a consignment.  Any offer will be presented to the owner.

Dave

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2007, 07:23:45 AM »

Any word on the bike Ripp?

:nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Ripp

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2007, 07:48:19 PM »

Any word on the bike Ripp?

Unfortunately not. I should be getting my insurance check this week. My dealer here says it should be worth about $17,500 with no extras. My insurance said they will pay for up to $3,500 in accessories. Since it's already a Screaming Eagle I only have about $2,ooo in extras. So I'm thinking if I get a check for around $19,000 or $19,500 I'll be happy. I've already emailed the Grand Rapids HD dealer about the one they have and although it's not blue I'll be gaining about 40'000 miles off the speedometer from what I had. I'm going to make an offer that I think is a little more reasonable than the $19'000 they want. If they don't go for it I'm leaning toward an 07 Road Glide for about the same money and over the next year or two change it into what I would be more happy with. ( maybe 110 cubes and a flame job) :orange: :mango: :pepper:

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2007, 01:28:01 PM »

Ripp,
          Again sorry about your bike being stolen. As to replacing it. Buy the CVO. Don't get me wrong, I love LD my 07 ORG, but no matter how much $$$ I spend on it, it still isn't a CVO. I know some would disagree, but given that the MOCO doesn't seem interested in offering another CVO RG, the ones out there just keep getting more and more valuable. You know with those that get stolen and those that get wrecked, there are fewer and fewer of them around. The less there are, the more they're worth. So for whatever my $0.02 is worth, buy the CVO SERG, you'll be glad you did even if you pay a few dollars more than you think you should. As SCRM-R says " it's only money, I can make more "    :D

B B

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2007, 03:35:24 PM »

Blue SE RG on eBay -
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1hd1pcc171y951366_W0QQitemZ220169646157QQihZ012QQcategoryZ49996QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Mrs. We

This is a nice one.
Ripp should consider it.
Or even Spiderman!

thanks

:2vrolijk_21:

Edited to add,
Just went back and read the ad again.
Way cool, it's a sports tourer!
I'm just not a ebay fan. I bet the reserve is 17500, but who knows?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 03:44:17 PM by Silver-Black »

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2007, 04:05:37 PM »

There's 4 different blue SERG's listed on moco's used bike section.  One has 36k miles and is in Colorado, but no picture.  There's also a black one listed, but it's not the low mileage one you've already found.  I only looked for 01's.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 21 queries.