Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Most Comfortable Saddle  (Read 8730 times)

BIKER77

• HARLEYS FOREVER
Most Comfortable Saddle
« on: August 22, 2003, 09:37:58 AM »

It may not look the coolest, but the Corbin dual touring saddle is by far the best I have ever had. I have had several different Harleys, and several different saddles, but the corbin wins. My wife will not ride on any bike I get, until I install a corbin.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 06:43:59 PM by twolanerider »

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Re: Most Comfortable Saddle
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2003, 06:21:13 AM »

the longer i have had the stingray seat the less it bothers me on long rides. either i'm getting used to it or its got an impression of my butt. from the last 10k miles
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

ashcraft

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2003, 10:23:01 AM »

Put a Mustang Touring seat on mine 1 month after I bought it. I've always had good luck with them, and now my wife wants the 'exact' same seat on our Electra Glide
2K2 SERK, purple
2K3 FF Electra-glide Classic

ZenVooDoo

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2003, 01:46:11 AM »

My vote is for the Corbin Stinger saddle but only if you are going solo.
[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

VegasFireman

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2003, 04:07:42 PM »

I have the largest mustang seat on mine. I rode it on the 98 King 55,000 miles. When I traded my old King in for the SERK, I gave them the new seat that came with it and they gave me my old one back. I'm happy and so is my passanger.

It even works with the SERK back rest that came with the new bike.

Longest I've ridden in a day is about 800 miles.
Once you know that your going to die on your bike and accept that fact, only then can you truly enjoy the ride. --Me

scre103

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2004, 12:07:42 PM »

[smiley=drink.gif] happy new year!!!!!

zen, that is an awesome looking seat. what did that set you back$, and you say it works with the oem adjustable seat mech? does it fit right over the adj. seat hardware or did you have to move things around.?

i am definitely going to put this seat on my serk in the spring. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

thanks for the post zenvoodoo ;D  scre
03 flhrsei2
01 motoguzzi v11 sport rosso mandello
87 honda elite 150 scooter(for the kids)
se high flow air kit
kuryakyn adjustable passenger pegs
se efi chip
se performance mufflers
chopped tour pack
standard clea

ZenVooDoo

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2004, 06:49:01 PM »

The seat is a standard Corbin design (about $600 when all was said and done-special FLHRSEI2 model Stinger)
. The HD seat back adjustment mechanism does NOT work with it. I have the mechanism intact in a saddle bag without any damage to the cabling still attached. Probably not the best way to do it but it beat taking the whole schbang apart and it takes 2 minutes to put the stock seat back on for 2-up riding. I get lots of compliments down here in the Louisiana bayous as the seat is a gumbo of alligator and ostrich!

Geaux Tigers!

Happy New Year!

[smiley=beerchug.gif]

[smiley=drink.gif] happy new year!!!!!

zen, that is an awesome looking seat. what did that set you back$, and you say it works with the oem adjustable seat mech? does it fit right over the adj. seat hardware or did you have to move things around.?

i am definitely going to put this seat on my serk in the spring. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

thanks for the post zenvoodoo ;D  scre

JerryP

• 2002 FLHRSEI
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2004, 03:04:04 PM »

I had a Russell seat build for my bike.  I bought a used seat, backrest pad and backrest support on ebay.   Then I sent them to Russell.  They use the seat pan and rebuild their seat on top of it.  The backrests are covered to match.   You send in pictures of you sitting on your bike.  They customize the new seat for you.  Not as pretty as the stock seat, but very comfortable.  400 mile days so far with no problems.  Will do longer tests this year.   Jerry

Biker_Blaney

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2005, 11:02:38 PM »

I have recently purchased a Corbin seat while in Daytona to replace the rather uncomfortable stock seat.  The stock seat of my Roadglide rubbed on the saddlebags and was uncomfortable on more than 6 hour rides.  I have had great luck with my Mustang seat on my FXR which allowed 8 hour runs without discomfort to my 6 foor 3 inch 215 pound body.  Unfortunately it just looked ugly on my new glide.

The only problem with the Corbin seat is that it does not allow the use of the removable tour pack upper mounting frame.  The frame hits the rear of the Corbin seat.  This required cutting of the transverse tube of the frame that bolts onto the tour pack.    

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2005, 11:11:03 PM »

I have recently purchased a Corbin seat while in Daytona to replace the rather uncomfortable stock seat.  The stock seat of my Roadglide rubbed on the saddlebags and was uncomfortable on more than 6 hour rides.  I have had great luck with my Mustang seat on my FXR which allowed 8 hour runs without discomfort to my 6 foor 3 inch 215 pound body.  Unfortunately it just looked ugly on my new glide.

The only problem with the Corbin seat is that it does not allow the use of the removable tour pack upper mounting frame.  The frame hits the rear of the Corbin seat.  This required cutting of the transverse tube of the frame that bolts onto the tour pack.    

If yours is a Road Glide I'm not sure how accurate this comparison will be but, just in case....

On my Electra Glide the Corbin seat interfered with the tour pak.  Did the same thing with the leather tour paks on the last two Road King Classics.  On all three bikes though the solution was just to move the tour pak to the forward set of mounting holes.  

There's a forward and a rear set of holes in the tour paks.  Going to the forward set moves the tour pak back about an inch and a half.  Gives passengers more room and lets it set down behind the Corbin seats.

JjR

• Senior CVO Member
  • WTF
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2005, 09:02:08 AM »

I had a Russell seat build for my bike.  I bought a used seat, backrest pad and backrest support on ebay.   Then I sent them to Russell.  They use the seat pan and rebuild their seat on top of it.  The backrests are covered to match.   You send in pictures of you sitting on your bike.  They customize the new seat for you.  Not as pretty as the stock seat, but very comfortable.  400 mile days so far with no problems.  Will do longer tests this year.   Jerry

The Russell Day Long  is probably the best out there! I have used there seats on other bikes over the years. The gaurntee is the best in the business. Each seat is built to your size with many different covers, and options available.

The only drawback is the built time which is usually 4 to 8 weeks plus you must supply your own seat pan. Plus if you need it to be re-adjusted it could run longer. These seats actually have a spring in them that supports your hips!

If you live near Russell in Ca. They do offer a ride in service for a few dollars extra and will build your seat while you wait.

Russell will fit the seat to you and if not satisfied you get you $$ back no questions !!!! Try that with Corbin, Mustang, HD or the other seats made.

http://www.day-long.com/
JR

screamineagle44

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2005, 09:38:44 AM »

hello out there, bought a gel seat from saddlemen in CA WWW.SADDLEMEN.COM Best seat i ever own.Can ride 10 hours a day no problems and i have a bad back and neck. and looks great on my bike. go gel or stay at home. love my sreamin eagle I'm Canadian from Oakville Ontario and allready have 45000 km not miles on by baby.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2005, 09:57:49 AM »

hello out there, bought a gel seat from saddlemen in CA WWW.SADDLEMEN.COM Best seat i ever own.

How about the 'poop in the pants' feeling that people were talking about with the squish of the gel seat?  Any getting used to it in that regards?   [smiley=nervous.gif]  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

FLHRSEI

• I'M FREE
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2005, 09:06:21 PM »

HAS THE STINGRAY LEATHER COME APART FROM THE STITCHINGS YET???, MINE IS THE SECOND I'VE SEEN THAT HAPPENED TO AFTER 7K MILES RIDDEN.

Oscar

• 2003 Roadking
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2005, 03:36:48 PM »

My stock seat on 03 R/K pooped out at about 8,000 miles. I bought a Corbin Solo and just love it! Last year I put 2,500 miles on in a weeks time and my rear never became sore. I know have 19,000 miles on the bike (11,000) on the seat and still no problems!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 20 queries.