Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

Author Topic: How Did You Get your CVO?  (Read 36701 times)

Slowride262

Re: How Did You Get your CVO?
« Reply #240 on: August 27, 2008, 01:04:27 PM »

What was done to the motor to make you say that or are you referring to CVO vs non-CVO?
Well I don't know what a stock 103" engine feels like but after riding a 96 RK for 10 years then riding this BEAST
it makes the old 80" engine feel like a old Honda 250 I owned in the early 80's.
When I first got this out on the freeway I had a 250 mile ride back home the first on ramp put the biggest smile on my face and I didn't even have it half throttle to get up to speed.
Also when I was going thru St. Paul people would give ya thumbs up more then if I was on the 96 RK the cool factor really sets it apart. 
You Can't Win At A Game Of LOSERS

Sean M Cary

« Reply #241 on: August 27, 2008, 01:13:10 PM »

Well I don't know what a stock 103" engine feels like but after riding a 96 RK for 10 years then riding this BEAST
it makes the old 80" engine feel like a old Honda 250 I owned in the early 80's.
When I first got this out on the freeway I had a 250 mile ride back home the first on ramp put the biggest smile on my face and I didn't even have it half throttle to get up to speed.
Also when I was going thru St. Paul people would give ya thumbs up more then if I was on the 96 RK the cool factor really sets it apart. 

HEY, you need to put the GOLD Bike in front!!

hdkid

• CVO1: 08 EG Ultra Root Beer Bike
« Reply #242 on: August 27, 2008, 02:58:06 PM »

I actually got mine by accident....walked into Barrie HD in May and saw the red SEUC and thought...hmmmm...not bad. Spoke to my buddy the salesman and said I liked it but I liked the Annie model better...too bad....probably all gone.
He says actually we have one downstairs....guy ordered it last year, bailed on it last night.....not even for sale yet, guy didnt even want to see it (smart guy by the way). And then he asked if I wanted to see it...you all know how that turns out.....well the rest as they say is history....lol. I have a grand total of about 7500km on it so far and absolutely LOVE IT!!! Took a beating on my 06 EG Classic but somehow at the time I was able to justify it.....handles great....little wobbly in high wind....very responsive....lovin the 6 speed...other than you have be doing 1000km an hour to use it..haha. I think the best part is the attention!!....Wow!! Most think its a custom paint job. The joys of a unique ride....so....haven't done any major mods...... I have only added a couple little chrome thingys but thats about it....I see lots of chat about lifters and cams and race tuners but I think it'd be safer for my wallet and my license to just leave her as she is....I do have a set of SE slip on mufflers that I put on.....now she sounds like a harley....well...enough of my babble....Happy rides gang!

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #243 on: August 27, 2008, 06:26:04 PM »

I sold my eldest son to a tribe of cannibals in Africa, cashed in a life insurance policy with a cash value, traded in an 05 Ultra, 2nd mortage on the house, and gave first lien on the HD to the bank for a 15 year note. The first head gasket leak happened before the first interest payment was due. They fixed it free of charge. After it totally crapped out, I borrowed $9,000 for a Jims. I had to sell a 30 trailer trailer to cover that expense. The 2 year warranty just played out this month. In 13 years this sucker will be mine free and clear.  But, I sure love this bike.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #244 on: August 27, 2008, 06:28:12 PM »

I sold my eldest son to a tribe of cannibals in Africa, cashed in a life insurance policy with a cash value, traded in an 05 Ultra, 2nd mortage on the house, and gave first lien on the HD to the bank for a 15 year note. The first head gasket leak happened before the first interest payment was due. They fixed it free of charge. After it totally crapped out, I borrowed $9,000 for a Jims. I had to sell a 30 trailer trailer to cover that expense. The 2 year warranty just played out this month. In 13 years this sucker will be mine free and clear.  But, I sure love this bike.

Sounds like an EXCELLENT investment!!! :2vrolijk_21: ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Sean M Cary

« Reply #245 on: August 27, 2008, 06:28:41 PM »

Hey, do you have a POC for the tribe?  I have two kids.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #246 on: August 27, 2008, 06:32:59 PM »

Bwaaaa haaa haaa, yer killin me Ken....At least your not bitter.... :D

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #247 on: August 27, 2008, 06:35:49 PM »

Sounds like an EXCELLENT investment!!! :2vrolijk_21: ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

With the money I'm making on this investment, I plan to get two more. Soon, I'll be a entrap...entrapran.....Soon I'll be a wealthy and successful.

Florida Marine...Boys or girls?
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #248 on: August 27, 2008, 07:07:02 PM »

With the money I'm making on this investment, I plan to get two more. Soon, I'll be a entrap...entrapran.....Soon I'll be a wealthy and successful.

One of each - can fatten en up if it means they are worth more

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #249 on: August 28, 2008, 08:48:01 AM »

One of each - can fatten en up if it means they are worth more

Don't take too long.  At their age it's like veal.  Might get 3 bikes!
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Sean M Cary

« Reply #250 on: August 28, 2008, 11:05:53 AM »

Don't take too long.  At their age it's like veal.  Might get 3 bikes!

Then I would have 5 and it would cause all sorts of imbalances...don't go there.

06cuse

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 01 FXDWG2 Traded to FlaHeatWave
    • CVO2: 06 FLTHCUSE 93k & Traded on a 10 FLHTK 73k traded on a Skunk
    • CVO3: 12 FLTRXSE Rollin Hard
« Reply #251 on: September 27, 2008, 08:14:33 PM »

I have 7 kids - was wonderin if you could provide the cannibals contact information.  I may send them for free  ::)
2012 FLTRXSE Skunk S&S 124/HPI 66, PV w A/T Pro~ Chopped Tour Pack, Lowers, 11" Tinted MadStad, S&S Power Tune Duals, Daymaker LED's, Adaptiv TPX Radar Detector, Fork Baffle, Pro 940's & Pro Monotubes, Baker DD7, Zumo 660, Vulcanworks Solid Sproket, Barnett Scorpion, Jaggs 10 Row oil Cooler w/Fan, Hayden M6.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #252 on: September 27, 2008, 08:29:11 PM »

If you get another couple of bikes deeper into the investment, you will soon qualify for a government bailout!  Then you'll be in Hogbreath heaven!   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #253 on: September 27, 2008, 08:30:11 PM »

My story: I sold my 97 fatboy in the morning of 12 Sept 08. That afternoon I went to the H/D of Edmonton to see what them had. I knew I wanted a Road Glide but I didn't like the stock colours. The salesman said they had a silver 09 CVO Road Glide coming on the next truck and it was available. I thought about it for a week, gave them my $5000.00 deposit a week later and a few days after that I had the bike. Not very exciting I know.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #254 on: September 30, 2008, 06:42:46 AM »

My story: I sold my 97 fatboy in the morning of 12 Sept 08. That afternoon I went to the H/D of Edmonton to see what them had. I knew I wanted a Road Glide but I didn't like the stock colours. The salesman said they had a silver 09 CVO Road Glide coming on the next truck and it was available. I thought about it for a week, gave them my $5000.00 deposit a week later and a few days after that I had the bike. Not very exciting I know.

Are you kidding me?  That is about as exciting as one can imagine.  You are getting one heck of a great looking bike.  May you enjoy many thousands of miles on her.  Hope I get the chance to cross near you some day.  Then I can look in awe at your gorgeous bike.  What is more exciting than getting the best of the models early in the year?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 24 queries.