Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: How Did You Get your CVO?  (Read 36386 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: How Did You Get your CVO?
« Reply #270 on: November 11, 2008, 05:26:35 PM »

I'm so glad how it all turned out.  I had been cooling my heels for at least 2 months trying to find a '08 or '09 Black Denim Fat Bob.  Looked as though it was not going to happen.  Luck, karma, destiny.... I don't know.  I do know, I sure am proud of my new ride   :bananarock:.

I'd say you did good to 'wait'.  :) har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

navdav51

• Senior CVO Member
  • US Navy Retired, Old Antarctic Explorer, 75-78

• CVO1: 2009 Silver SERG
« Reply #271 on: November 22, 2008, 08:58:23 AM »

been planning on a new bike for about 4 yrs, my fiancee had a son starting at the u of MD, her ex was no help so I did what he should have and helped her out, she knew I was going to get a "really nice" bike someday, so when I  started to customize a rg on the hd site I was close to 28k with no wide tire, half the chrome etc. then in Apr  of this year found out I had prostate cancer. When I went to the doc and he asked if I had any ? all I said was "I have been planning on getting a "really nice" hd in a year or so, can I keep those plans?" When he said definitly , I had the surjury, and while I was healing I saw my first photos of the SERG and knew I had found the "really nice" bike I had  been wanting!  had my six month check last week, took the CVO brochure to show him the bike I had on order!  LIFE IS GOOD!!
...VETERAN....Whether active duty,retired, National Guard or reserve,is someone who wrote a check made payable to The United States of America,for an amount up to and including my life....Author unknown

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #272 on: November 22, 2008, 09:22:06 AM »

Great story Navdav51 !!!  Enjoy you ride and thanks for sharing.  :2vrolijk_21: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #273 on: November 22, 2008, 09:37:08 AM »

Navdav,

Welcome to the site and thanks for sharing your story! Here's to good health and many riding days ahead.

tireless

« Reply #274 on: November 22, 2008, 12:01:13 PM »

I got hit by the right rear wheel that came off a tandem axle utility trailer while riding my '04 EG, broke my hand and bent the left handle bar in almost to the tank, the bike stayed up and I rode her to a stop with the tour pack lid dragging along behind me. Had the scooter repaired and 2 years later at 85K the engine clatter was getting to be a bit much so I pulled the trigger on a 95" with Dewey's heads, Andrews 26G's and flat top pistons. Scooter was running great and sounded better than it ever had, about 5 months after the rebuild was hit by another motorcycle, Yamaha knockoff 650 came wide out of a curve, I went left to the white line, the other rider freaked, fixated on me and locked up the rear wheel. The doc told me if I ever hit anything with my left hand it would break worse.... the other scooter hit me in the same place the wheel did, left front corner of the fairing, I rode her until I slowed enough to step off. My hand was broken again, much worse, and this time my arm was ripped open from forearm to elbow.

The wife said the Phoenix wasn't rising from the ashes again she had to go, totaled, traded or however. I argued, any motorcycle that could ride through what this one did and never go down was worth saving... she called me a stupid SOB and further added the projectiles were getting bigger and the damage getting worse. She said the bike had bad karma and the next time it would likely be a pickup which hit that invisible target on the fairing and I'd lose an arm or worse. Then she went on to add IF I'd get a new scooter she'd pay half on any bike I wanted. I took the wife's checkbook and went shopping, walked into the showroom at my local dealer and fell in love with the anniversary SE Ultra and I wrote the check. 

You should have seen the look on her face when I gave her checkbook back... she complained "I didn't tell you to pay for the whole damn thing" when I said I only paid for half she asked me "what the hell did you buy?" to which I replied "I bought the bike I wanted just like you told me to do" ;D ;D bet she never does that again. Two weeks later it cost me $900 to remove enough from the old scooter for it to come in under the magic number, insurance paid off a little over 16K, I had 6K of extra coverage.

Smilin with every mile, jw

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #275 on: November 22, 2008, 12:16:22 PM »

Holy crap Tireless! (or should I call the trailer with the wheel that hit you Tireless).  Either way, I have to side with the War Dept. on this one.  I can't believe it didn't go down either time but it was a magnet for bad things.  You'll love the SEUC03.  Congratulations and welcome to CVOHarley from western NY!
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #276 on: November 22, 2008, 12:18:41 PM »

No, other way around.  Bad things are out there.  Chit does happen.  That bike was a rock star.  Took all the world could throw at it and never left its wheels.  I'd have kept it.  That bike loved its rider and kept him up.  A little broken but not dead.  If your bike does that for you you better polish it and love it a LOT.

UFO_HOG

• Good Guys Wear Black
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange / Black
« Reply #277 on: November 22, 2008, 01:17:54 PM »

Funny story, I had decided to keep my 02 RG thinking a SERG was not in the works. So, I put around $2,500 in it, in wheels, powdercoat, new parts, etc.... As I was assemblying it back together, picked up a magazine and saw it, A 2009 SERG3 in O/B.
Ran down to my Harley shop, only to be told there was already a list and I would probably not be able to get one. So, home I went all disappointed, knowing I had lost my chance. So, the next day I thought I'm going to go ahead and put my name on the list and just hope for the best. So, called my HD shop, talked to the GM and told him to add me to the list, gave him my Credit Card and told him to put a $500 deposit down. Well, 2 days later, all hell breaks loose. Apparently, I was the only one on the list to put a deposit down. Guess who jumped to the top of the list!!!! Well, yesterday I picked up a 2009 SERG3 O/B...

LIFE IS GOOD!  :orange: :jalapeno:
You gotta be smart enough to understand the rules of motorcycling, and dumb enough to think the game's important.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #278 on: November 22, 2008, 08:22:50 PM »

Tireless - amazing story, best I've read. Love the part about your wife's participation!!!

UFO-HOG - your story shows the truth of the line "money talks, BS walks!" Your money talked you to the head of the line. In these tough economic times, cash speaks louder than ever!

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #279 on: November 23, 2008, 03:23:37 AM »

I just finished reading through a bunch of these stories. I've got a grin from ear to ear, this was / is a great topic. Almost like hearing parents talk about their kids. 

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #280 on: November 23, 2008, 07:12:10 AM »

I had a FLTR  in 03-04 and traded it on an 05 Road King and was happy with it , but said that if they ever come out with another FLTRSE, I'm all over it. While attending a POT training in Birmingham, I ran into a friend who works for the MoCo and was told that I would be Very happy with the CVO selections this year.
The next day while in Trussville at Riders H-D I met the owner and sales manager, you know, makin contacts.
My dealer here in TN called me from Vegas at the dealer thingy and said IT"S here, I bawked a little and it was gone. Started searching. Called Riders in Trussvile and they put me on THE LIST. Authorized the manager to put a deposit on my card when needed. 2 weeks later, bam, bike came in, 2 guys in front of me wanted the OB one. The Screamin Gray Ghost was mine. In less than a week from that point, I had over 500 miles on her.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

REGGAB

« Reply #281 on: November 23, 2008, 07:17:11 AM »

I got hit by the right rear wheel that came off a tandem axle utility trailer while riding my '04 EG, broke my hand and bent the left handle bar in almost to the tank, the bike stayed up and I rode her to a stop with the tour pack lid dragging along behind me. Had the scooter repaired and 2 years later at 85K the engine clatter was getting to be a bit much so I pulled the trigger on a 95" with Dewey's heads, Andrews 26G's and flat top pistons. Scooter was running great and sounded better than it ever had, about 5 months after the rebuild was hit by another motorcycle, Yamaha knockoff 650 came wide out of a curve, I went left to the white line, the other rider freaked, fixated on me and locked up the rear wheel. The doc told me if I ever hit anything with my left hand it would break worse.... the other scooter hit me in the same place the wheel did, left front corner of the fairing, I rode her until I slowed enough to step off. My hand was broken again, much worse, and this time my arm was ripped open from forearm to elbow.

The wife said the Phoenix wasn't rising from the ashes again she had to go, totaled, traded or however. I argued, any motorcycle that could ride through what this one did and never go down was worth saving... she called me a stupid SOB and further added the projectiles were getting bigger and the damage getting worse. She said the bike had bad karma and the next time it would likely be a pickup which hit that invisible target on the fairing and I'd lose an arm or worse. Then she went on to add IF I'd get a new scooter she'd pay half on any bike I wanted. I took the wife's checkbook and went shopping, walked into the showroom at my local dealer and fell in love with the anniversary SE Ultra and I wrote the check. 

You should have seen the look on her face when I gave her checkbook back... she complained "I didn't tell you to pay for the whole damn thing" when I said I only paid for half she asked me "what the hell did you buy?" to which I replied "I bought the bike I wanted just like you told me to do" ;D ;D bet she never does that again. Two weeks later it cost me $900 to remove enough from the old scooter for it to come in under the magic number, insurance paid off a little over 16K, I had 6K of extra coverage.

Smilin with every mile, jw

Congrats on your new bike, and I know you love it, but man............That 04 EG didn't have bad karma.  That bike took care of you.  No way, no how could I let a soulful machine like go on to someone else.  Glad you're OK tho'............but remember, your skills and that machine are the reason why.  Defecation occurs.  There are very few angels out there to shield you from it.  That 04 EG is one of them.   :2vrolijk_21:

Red07

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #282 on: December 02, 2008, 05:30:16 PM »

This is a long story, but i will try to make it as painless as possible. I was riding a 2000 Heritage at the time and a friend had a 00 SERG when he got ready to sell it he ask if i wanted it. I told him that i could not afford two bikes at the time, but he told me that  i was going to be able to because he wanted me to have it because of the way i took care of my bike. That is how i got first SE. The way i got the 07 SEUC was articdude told me that he had seen on this site that a dealer in North Carolina had one. I could have gotten one here but they could not tell what color it would be, and i wanted red. So i flew to J&E in North Carolina and rode my new red CVO home. :cherry:

And i think this makes 50 posts
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 05:32:54 PM by Red07 »

Buffy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Big Ugly Fat Friggin' Yankee

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 - Scarlett Red Wide Glide
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR - Orange & Black
« Reply #283 on: December 02, 2008, 07:23:55 PM »

I had been into street rods for about 20 years and was getting a little tired after building (and rebuilding) old rods.  I took 2 1/2 years to build my latest, a 47 Chevy Areosedan, (see below) and drove it for about 4 years and was looking for something different. 

A good friend of mine called to say he took something in trade that I'd like to see. A 2001 H-D Screamin' Eagle Wide Glide (FXDWG2 - AKA Switchblade)

One ride and we swapped keys and I never looked back!  I've had more fun in the 6 years that I had the scooter than I had in the whole 20 years of street rodding. And now that I bought a 2007 Road Glide for trips, I am really in heaven now!
John & his 2001 Screamin' Eagle FXDWG2               and              2007 FLTR "Ultra" Road Glide
------------------------------------------------------
It\'s Never Too Late To Have A Happy Childhood

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #284 on: December 02, 2008, 10:11:22 PM »

Buffy, always wondered how you got that switchblade! My best friend is a street rodder. Stayed at his house in Rapid City for bike week. Rented another wide glide and he drove mine and I drove the rental for 2 days. One of the best weeks of my life! I too have been smitten by the WG2 (as you know). Your bike has been my inspiration! Thanks for posting, great to see you back on the forum regularly!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 24 queries.