Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20

Author Topic: How Did You Get your CVO?  (Read 36711 times)

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
Re: How Did You Get your CVO?
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2007, 11:43:38 AM »

You must have been pretty close at some point to recognize it from a photo   :nixweiss:

By GEORGE, you're good! :2vrolijk_21:

You were very close... Actually we did Route 50 on the way out to the coast and swung further south for the return trip.  The posted photo was taken when we stopped along 160 just east of Durango.  Obviously you could figure out that we were heading east on our way back home from San Fran by the way the sun was reflecting off the bike, right?

I just love that part of the country.

Take care,
Grizzly
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 11:34:13 PM by Grizzly »
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2007, 12:26:56 PM »

I had a 98 FLTRi and was involved in a accident which laid me and the wife up for a couple months. I always lusted after the 2000 FLTRSEI and while confined to my recliner 24/7 I went on a cyber search for the bike of my dreams and found one for sale after about a month. It was only about 20 miles away so I double dosed on pain pills and took a look. It was bone stock with all the stuff from the factory and only 6500 miles on it...and sold the moment I saw it.  It was a step down for comfort according to my wife but a set of passenger floor boards and the old Mustang Pillow Look with Buttons seat took care of most of her comfort problems. We really enjoy our new CyberFamily especially BB who we had the pleasure of meeting recently. My wife and I are looking forward to meeting more of you in Sedona.  Doc and Bimbo

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2007, 12:54:55 PM »

Grizz.........the picture of your SEEG looks like Western Colorado, somewhere along US 50.   How close did I get? :nixweiss:

Holy Cow!
Did I ever get confused there.
Sorry 'bout that JCZ
This response was naturally meant for you, and YOU are the one that knows his stuff... Way to go!

CVO1: '05 FLHTCSE2
CVO2: '08 FLHTCUSE3

« Reply #47 on: Today at 11:43:38 AM » Quote Modify Remove 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: jgeorge102 on Today at 10:11:28 AM
You must have been pretty close at some point to recognize it from a photo   

By GEORGE, you're good!

You were very close... Actually we did Route 50 on the way out to the coast and swung further south for the return trip.  The posted photo was taken when we stopped along 160 just east of Durango.  Obviously you could figure out that we were heading east on our way back home from San Fran by the way the sun was reflecting off the bike, right?

I just love that part of the country.

Take care,
Grizzly
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 11:34:42 PM by Grizzly »
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2007, 07:53:49 PM »

After a number of rigids and swingarms all through the 70s, I went from a stroker Heritage to an 89 Ultra Classic, to an 02 Ultra Classic which I rode to Milwaukee's 100th.  I already had a deposit on the orange and black SEEG.  But when I got to Milwaukee and saw the blue and black I immediatly called the dealership.

I was told, "well then you can get it even faster......cause they're painting all the blue and black first".  I was all for that!  The rest is history.  I think this is about the longest that I've owned a bike without at least picking up a second or third.  Haven't saw anything else that turns my crank.......when you're on the top of the heap everything else is back down. :2vrolijk_21:
  :vrolijk_6::huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :2vrolijk_21:har!  :beerchug: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2007, 08:04:42 PM »

I have been riding Harley's since 1989. My first New Harley was a new 1990 Fat Boy. The reason I bought a new CVO was I wanted more power, I owned a very nice 2005 Classic, but wanted a 6 speed, and more power. When the 2007's came out I saw the CVO Ulta's and fell in love, it was what I had wanted for a long time, a big motor, a 6 speed, good looking paint, I loved everything. I also loved all three paint colors, so I went down to the dealer that I had bought 11 new Harleys from and told them to get me one. 3 months later they had one for me. I bought it as a retirement gift to myself with a 7 year warranty for trouble free riding. The CVO gives you so much more, I love them.

Scott

NWbiker

• Full CVO Member
    • OR

« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2007, 11:51:07 PM »

For me it was easy when I saw my first CVO 07 Black and Orange SE Ultra.  I sold my 06 Ultra to a friend and waited a month until the she came in and have never looked back.  Would like the 6 gallon tank for those really long stretches out here in the west.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 12:03:09 AM by 07SEBiker »
2014 CVO Ultra Limited
2003 Heritage Springer Classic

Ultra Villa

• Full CVO Member
    • NJ

• CVO1: 14 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 13 FLHX
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2007, 01:52:41 PM »

My story is simple, Had a beautiful '04 wideglide.  Limited edition colors and my wife and I absolutely loved it.  I started looking at the CVO when a buddy bought an '04 CVO Deuce.  But the dollars seemed high.  In '06 when the Ultra came out, I loved it, but loved my wideglide as much and loved not having to make payments.  I fixed up my wideglide and planned on keeping it forever until a trip through Ohio.  On my way back from vacation, hit a pothole and once back, had the bike looked at.  Turns out I cracked the engine case.  Just as this happened the '08 were announced and my wife and I fell in love with the anniversary edition.  Took the wife to look at the Street Glide and Ultra Classic and she could not get over how much better the CVO edition was.  So we dove right in an ordered our FLHTCUSE3 in the anniversary colors in August.  Almost three months later and our new baby arrived.  Picked her up on 10/20 and love it so far.  What a ride.  We are now looking to the long rides that we had to think about twice when on the wideglide.  The insurance picked up the cost of the engine case repair and we traded the wideglide in for the CVO Ultra.

Have Fun
Fonzie
Live for today, for yesterday is already gone and tomorrow may never come.

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2007, 08:05:04 PM »

I had been on my 03 Softail Standard for a couple of years and was getting tired of getting beat up on the Softail and wanted to get a touring bike. I had been looking real hard at the Street Glides. Scooterhair kept pointing out what the SERG had that the SG didn't and finally convinced me that was the way to go,( he's real pushy ya know). We found a blue one in Souix Falls SD with all of the factory stuff and a few extras. 9,200 miles and in flawless condition. So I bought the SERG with the intentions of selling the Softail and when it came down to the nut cuttin, I couldn't do it, so now I've got the best of both worlds. I really love my SERG. Nothing better than hitting the highway, setting the cruise at 80mph, cranking up the tunes and I can light cigarettes now while I'm riding! To me, it don't get much better than that. By the way, thanks to everyone on the site, most of all you Neil, for all of the information and fun I have reading all of the stuff here. It is the first thing I do when I get to work is to click on the site and see whats new.

Hobo
2001 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide (FLTRSEI2)

RAJ3529

« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2007, 08:37:59 PM »

Had an 03 Ultra and loved having no payments with no desire to buy new bike.  I was on my way to work one morning and a lady in a mini van pulled out in front of me and that was the end of the 03 Ultra.  After I got out of the hospital I went to the Harley shop to order a new Ultra.  I ordered an 08 with ABS brakes and about two weeks later they said that they could not get the bike for a few months, so I asked about the FLHTCUSE3 on the showroom floor as far as what it had on it.  They said it had ABS so as soon as I got the insurance check I brought it home.  Best decision I ever made.  That bike blows away anything that I have every ridden before.  I love it.
Rich
08 SE Ultra

Lennyiti

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 2011 FLSTSE2
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2007, 05:43:47 PM »

Well after looking at the 06 Fat Boy SE I was unable to think about buying another bike. Went to my buddies HD shop to ask him to find me a used Fatboy SE and saw the dyna SE which that I now have. Learned a lesson from not getting the fatboy I wanted before. When I went to pick up my bike 3 days latter 6 people had been in to put deposit on my bike. Thank goodness I bought it when I first saw it. It had been on the floor for 1 day when I saw it and bought it.

rmarion

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2007, 08:48:46 PM »

Been riding and racing MX for over 30 years. Never had the urge to visit the dark side. How much enjoyment can anyone have on the street????? My oldman been's riding for 50yrs most on HD's. Anyway, the time was right, my Business was profitable, so my Bus Partner and I both bought new 2006 SEUC. I didn't care too much for the color, so I threw in a new Custom CVO paint job..........
and I haven't stop spending $$$$ from the day of purchase........

BTW, I still can't believe I get off on riding Street Bikes.
2006 FLHTCUSE - Candy/Black
SERT
SEAC
Branch Head Work
BP 595 cam gear drive
2:1 RB Racing Black Hole
Hawgwired Speakers & Amps
Rock & Roll Paint
Danny Grey Seat

charlie

« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2007, 09:20:01 PM »

I went to the dealer looking for a full dresser saw the 06 CVO but I didn't want to spend 35k for it so I left and came back with my wife and son and they talked me into it,dam glad the did most of the time.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2007, 08:39:51 AM »

Well as posted earlier on this thread, I've HAD 4 CVO motorcycles. At the moment I do not have a CVO Harley-Davidson, although everyone who has seen Los Dragonnes my 07 Road Glide agrees it is what the MoCo should have offered in the CVO lineup last year. But I digress from my intent here. In the selling section of this great site, there is an 00 SERG for sale for $12,500. I have rather blithely suggested ( or boldly some might say) that each of my CVO Harley website breathren "loan" me $3 per to purchase this wonderful machine. Should this idea actually gain enough support to become a reality, I will gladly post on this thread that how I got my CVO was through the generosity of friends and fellow motorcycle enthusiasts.Now what a nice story that would be  :)

B B

Brian...count with $5 from me but you have promise me to  :drink: with me again..........long ride of course!! :huepfenjump3:

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2007, 08:52:11 AM »

My first CVO? This is the story. I strated riding from middle of 2000. My first bike was a Sportster 1200 Custom '00. Then six months later I changed for a Softail Fatboy '01. When I was attending the 100th Anniversary in Milwaukee I fell in love with SEEG '04 in orange a/k/a  :pumpkin:. (see the pic taken by Martha the first time that I saw it). I said myself: I have to own this piece of art. Son as soon as I get back home I contacted every single dealer in Florida to order one. Some of them was not going to receive that color, others had sold, others wanted up $4K over MSRP. I kept looking for and finally found the right deal (MSRP + $1K in accessories) in Fort Walton Beach (Florida Panhandle). I ordered and had to wait 9 long months (I felt that I was pregnant)..........I got it at the end of May 2004. I was with me until November 2005 and sold it with 25K miles on it. I rode her in the Lower 48 Posses's (2004 & 2005). Since then I have owned 4 more CVO which I keep three of them.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2007, 08:55:11 AM »

I'd like to tell a long heart warming story about how I wanted this bike, crawled on my hands & knees through broken glass and rocks 40 miles, saw it, fell in love, made a deposit, saw it's birth, and unveiled it in the middle of a crowd of thousands of cheering spectators, but, the truth is: I rode my used UltraClassic down to the dealer, gave the dealer the papers on it, he gave me the papers on the new SEUC, and he kept my money.  Afterwards, I felt really stupid for spending this much money on a motorsickle. BUT, I got over that pretty quick.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 25 queries.